Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is the discussion as to whether an ID should be required to vote or not as well as a discussion going in one of the safehouses about showing and ID to vote. It looks like some states already require an ID to vote. This poll is not to discuss the merits of showing and ID, but to see how many states people in this forum represent, have to show an ID.

Just vote yes or no and then post your state. Thanks

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
WA state: don't know. I have been voting by absentee ballot for over 10 years. I will say this though. Several years ago, I was contacted by the local elections office regarding a ballot I had sent in. Apparently my signature on the ballot didn't match the one on my original voter registration. I won't reveal my age, but I registered to vote at 18 and that was the signature on file! Needless to say, over the years my signature has changed. So I had to go to a local office with photo ID and sign a new voter registration card which would then be used to compare to my future ballots. I'm glad they did this because someone could have voted my ballot and nothing would have been done, thus opening up the possibility of voter fraud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My plan was to make this a poll, but my internet connection dropped out on me in the middle of doing it. Anyone know how I can now go back and make it a poll? I am going to be driving the next 5 or so hours so won't be back on until late tonight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My plan was to make this a poll, but my internet connection dropped out on me in the middle of doing it. Anyone know how I can now go back and make it a poll? I am going to be driving the next 5 or so hours so won't be back on until late tonight.

What do you want the poll to say? I can add it if you let me know.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Virginia - yes, if you count an ID as a valid voter registration card. I was told, however, that it wasn't necessary for me to flash my driver's license when I voted this morning.
Ringo

Upvote 0

RacismIsBad

Mar 17, 2007
✟3,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Virginia - yes, if you count an ID as a valid voter registration card. I was told, however, that it wasn't necessary for me to flash my driver's license when I voted this morning.
Ringo
I think most states have you verify name and address. It was fun being in a small town where I grew up because they always knew when our whole family voted. My parents always went early in the morning and I would go some time in the afternoon and we were the only people with my last name where I lived.

Upvote 0