Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some Arizona Republicans wanted the Arizona Republican Party to conduct the GOP primary on a single day, requiring voters to show up in person to vote via a paper ballot. The ballots would then be counted by hand. [Arizona hasn't done manual counting since 1880's, when it was still a territory].

For now, the party chair has rejected the idea:

Jeff DeWit, chair of the state party, concluded that the party does not have the money, the manpower or the infrastructure to run an election for an estimated 1.4 million eligible voters.
Under state law, parties are allowed to opt out of publicly run elections. Under the county party’s model, the cash-strapped state party would pay for the election, draft election rules, locate and set up hundreds of polling sites, and recruit, hire and train election workers. The state party had about $200,000 cash on hand at the end of June, campaign finance records show.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are extremist groups in my town who are pushing for the same thing. I wouldn't trust partisan workers to count votes as far as I could throw them.

I am in my 70's, and began voting when I was 21 (voting at 18 was not yet legal.) Even then we used voting machines. We would push little levers for the candidates we wanted and a check mark would become visible. When we were finished, the votes were recorded but we did not have a physical printed record. We had a little punch card and put that in the ballot box.

Now I use an electronic voting machine. I select my choices on a touch screen and receive a printed copy that I can put in the ballot box. I can read the ballot and make sure my choices were accurately recorded.

Sadly, I trust impartial machines much much more than voter suppressors.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Jeff DeWit, chair of the state party, concluded that the party does not have the money, the manpower or the infrastructure to run an election for an estimated 1.4 million eligible voters.
I wonder why?

Arizona’s GOP Went All In on Trump’s Big Lie—Now It’s Broke​

The cobwebs in the bank vault aren’t as important as all the money wasted. The party blew $300,000 on ‘legal consulting,’ much of which focused on overturning Trump’s 2020 defeat.

Aside from wasting money on two Big Lies, the Arizona GOP spent more than $530,000 on “vanity projects

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I thought the GOP was against wasting tax payer dollars.
That's a misnomer. The GOP understands spending on the public good on items such as healthcare, social security, infrastructure etc as a waste.

They have absolutely no qualms whatsoever on wasting tax dollars in general.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's a misnomer. The GOP understands spending on the public good on items such as healthcare, social security, infrastructure etc as a waste.

They have absolutely no qualms whatsoever on wasting tax dollars in general.
Yeah like spending tax dollars investigating Hunter Biden's lap top. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where’d that thing wind up anyways?
It got lost somewhere, now they (GOP) want to spend tax dollars looking for it and accusing President Biden of covering it up. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are extremist groups in my town who are pushing for the same thing. I wouldn't trust partisan workers to count votes as far as I could throw them.

I am in my 70's, and began voting when I was 21 (voting at 18 was not yet legal.) Even then we used voting machines. We would push little levers for the candidates we wanted and a check mark would become visible. When we were finished, the votes were recorded but we did not have a physical printed record. We had a little punch card and put that in the ballot box.

Now I use an electronic voting machine. I select my choices on a touch screen and receive a printed copy that I can put in the ballot box. I can read the ballot and make sure my choices were accurately recorded.

Sadly, I trust impartial machines much much more than voter suppressors.
What if they had it where they were counted either by two people and/or by someone who had no dog in the fight as it were say someone who could not vote in that particular district and therefore would have little to no reason to not count honestly (particularly in cases where local issues were on the ballot even if state and federal ones were as well; sense such a person would have no reason to really care who held local office. You could even in some districts close to a state line do that with ballots that only had state issues because why for example would I, here in GA care who held SC office. ( closest state line in my case) though it would still be a little far to do something like that(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Except hand counted ballots produce more errors

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A small Arizona county did a test hand count earlier this year....local officials thought twice after that experience.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Upvote 0