Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addressing religious folks in general: Can you admit that you might be wrong?
  1. First, I am not religious in the way that you use the term.
  2. You assume that all "religious" people merely "believe" or have "faith" in God. But it is you who are wrong. Granted, that is the case for many (and they have not done so in vain), but there are many such as myself who "know" God and have had interaction with Him. What you assume to be true of us, is not even possible.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What [you] believe is not what is important here. What is important, is [knowing] what and who it is that we are dealing with.

If you came into a king's palace or a president's office, you would (or should) not question their authority, and you might not understand their way of doing things. But it is not for you to say, nor are you likely to understand. Yet, here you are, not even perceiving that you are in a king's domain, doing just that. It's even worse than that: You make yourself out to be a mouse in a palace, and instead of fearing for your life and your next meal, you expect to have a say.

You...do not have a say, nor are you even remotely correct in your assumption.

You are making the mistake of assuming that a "king" is here in the first place.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  2. You assume that all "religious" people merely "believe" or have "faith" in God. But it is you who are wrong. Granted, that is the case for many (and they have not done so in vain), but there are many such as myself who "know" God and have had interaction with Him. What you assume to be true of us, is not even possible.
I believe you believe this.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

And yet so do many Catholics, and none of them try to interpret the Bible literally, or try to limit their study of the universe to that single book.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Subduction,

You know what. I'm done. With talking about the flood that is and evolution. We aren't getting anywhere with it.
I've learned a lot. That much is true.
The main thing that I learned, is that I pity you and will be praying for you.
You say you have no faith. Maybe not in God, no. But you do have faith, in yourself. It's unfortunate but it's true.

Your going to face God, one day. Doesn't matter how many times you say he doesn't exist or that he's been refuted.
Those are your opinions and your entitled to them. They're wrong in so many levels. But you believe that, and that my friend is also faith.

It's just getting boring, to be honest with you. Also, I learned a long time ago. You can't teach or show anyone, who thinks they know all, anything. It's like running into a wall.

I don't relent, I don't think your right. Until you get right with God, you never will be.

Just remember this.

If you've transgress God's Law you have sin in your life.
If you've lied, your a liar
If you've stolen, your a thief
If you've look at someone with lust, you've committed adultery in you heart already.
If you hate someone, your a murderer and there is no eternal life in you at all.
When you sin, you dishonor your parents
Those are 6 of God's commandments, that He placed upon your heart and into your conscience. If you break just one you've broke them all.

The bible tells us...wo to the man who is in the hands of an angry God. And believe me, he's angry. Every time you sin, you stack up wrath from God. Because you don't sin against people, you sin directly against God. Dangerous thing, yeah, you might go thru life and have a wonderful fulfilled life and not live for God. Many do. But in the end, when you face him and you will, none of that will matter.

You see, you say the things you say, and you try to tear down other peoples faith, not because you don't have any faith, you have plenty, just in the wrong things. But because you love your sins. You like them so much, you'd bet your eternal life on them. You'll lose.

There's away out of going to Hell. But I'm not going to tell you. Not because I am being mean or don't care, no quite the opposite, I care and do want the fathers will for you to be saved. but because telling you of the cross would be foolishness. You wouldn't care what Christ did for you. So telling you would be a moot thing. Lord willing you will find out the truth before it's way to late to do so. Cause right now. Your headed to Hell. Doesn't matter what you believe..that's the direction you sins are going to take you.

This is the subject I really wanted to discuss with you. Got sidetracked by the flood stuff. Good and truthful story as it is.
Nothing's more important than your soul. Which the flood is about God's saving grace and a shadow of how he goes about it.
That's why I know it to be true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That I do not believe in gods does not change the fact that a building is just a building.
Then it wouldn't bother you to get married at Walmart?

(And for the record, chief, I said "prefer to get married in a church.")

Reactions: ScottA
Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet so do many Catholics, and none of them try to interpret the Bible literally, or try to limit their study of the universe to that single book.
For this reason the church is also referred to as a body (of divers members).

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
For this reason the church is also referred to as a body (of divers members).

Your claim however of some secret "knowledge" about science based upon your experience with the Holy Spirit within you isn't justified by the majority of the experiences of other Christians. You're still in the minority viewpoint no matter how you slice it or dice it with respect to your Biblical interpretation, and you've got nothing to work with in terms of any external reference points and nothing to show in terms of empirical physics in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's a pretty long article On the Scientific America web site:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-prevents-similar-animals-from-interbreeding/

That is what a kind is. Its a species.

Answers in Genesis has separate species in the same kind.

Also, we gladly accept the fact that barriers to interbreeding can evolve.

Prophecies for one, Every prophecy written in the Word of God, has happened, except of course those that are in the future.

Using those criteria, anything I write is just as accurate as the Bible.

there are over 300 prophecies of Jesus Christ written well over 400 years before His birth, that was satisfied and fulfilled.
the odds of hitting every single prophecy is quite astronomical.

You haven't shown that they have been fulfilled, that they were even Messianic prophecies, or that the odds against them were astronomical. What you have again is a set of bare assertions, coupled with the out of claiming that Jesus will fulfill the unfulfilled prophecies in the future.

On top of that, each claim is always judged independent. For example . . .

The Chicago Cubs play their home games in Wrigley Field.
Water is made up of two hydrogens and one oxygen.
Leprechauns make rainbows.

If I show that the first two are true, does it automatically make the third one true?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't let Hitch get to you, bro.

You're certainly above that.
At the moment he's not above it. He's dug himself a hole so deep he'll need a ladder to get topside. He doesn't know what the aitch he's even going on about. His claims boil down to, 'I reeeeeeally know there's a God, s pleeeeeease believe me.'

Maybe you've some words of wisdom for the guy?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. You need to learn the difference.

Ice floating, refutes nothing, it does admit that the flood did happen.

Wrong again. And I see that you still can't bring yourself to ask the right question. The fact that ice floats negates the flood.

There are many different versions of Christianity and god, yes....you notice not capitalized....just because someone says they are Christian doesn't' mean they are. If they believe in a god, who wouldn't send them to hell for sin...false god.
If they believe in a god, that loves and has no wrath...false god.
if they believe in a god, that didn't create....false god.
if they believe in a god, who didn't come down in the form of man and died for our sins....false god.
And yes, these gods are man made and have been refuted by the True God of the Bible. Jehovah.

Yeah, there are many different, false gods. But there is only one True God. The God that is love, who is also just, who is also wrathful, who is also a judge, who is also angry, who is also sinless and so much more. Most especially a God who came to down to earth in the form of a man, called a hypostatic union. He was fully God and fully Man, and He showed that.
That same God's son Christ, came so that we may be saved. Even you, so that you can have your sins cleansed by the blood He shed, because He paid our price for salvation by His Death.

Now you are making the mistake of assuming that your personal version of God is the right one, even though you have no real evidence that supports you.

What evidence do you have that you will wake up tomorrow?...you don't have any...yet you expect to get up...that's called faith.

Wrong again. You have simply shown that you do not understand the concepts of evidence and logic. I have woken up in the past. It is when someone claims that there will be a change that evidence is needed. So let's look at what could cause a change. People that are aged sometimes do not wake up. I am not that old ... yet. People with poor health sometimes do not wake up, but my health is good. People in war areas sometimes do not wake up. But I am in a rather safe area. Yes, there is always a possibility that I could die, but experience and my current state indicates that my waking up tomorrow is merely a reasonable conclusion and not an act of faith.

You see, your under the delusion that you know everything. Not so. If you did, you wouldn't be here talking to me, because you would already know what I was going to say before I said it.

No. That seems to be more your fault and not mine. I know what is a reasonable belief and what is not. You don't seem to have that ability.

I say that because you say you have no faith. For you to have no faith, would mean that you know what's going to happen before it happens. that you already have the evidence before you that it will happen. Not possible.

Wrong again. Reasonable deductions based upon past events is not "faith".

Never claimed to be the best at grammar. suck at it really. but the logic of the flood and ice floating...solid.

Thank you for admitting that I am correct. So I hope we are done with this flood nonsense.

Wrong. You are projecting again.

Please don't act like an ass. That is very rude on your part.

population bottleneck is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods, fires, disease, or droughts) or human activities (such as genocide).

Other words, there was a population bottleneck after the flood, because the population of the earth was destroyed during the flood, only leaving Noah and his family left to populate the earth. Exactly as I explained earlier.

That is only part of it. It is also a sharp reduction in the diversity of life as measured by the DNA of that species. We can measure how fast new mutations enter the genome of a species and use that to aid in giving a minimum population in the past. Please note that it is a minimum number. Here is an article that may help you understand the concept:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpres...opulation-bottleneck-not-anything-close-to-2/

Please note that the most severe bottleneck that can be found for the human race is actually restricted to the non-African population that fell to an effective population (the actual population was probably larger) of about 1,200 people between 20,000 to 40,000 years ago. There was a population bottleneck among the African based humans down to about 5,700 people about 50,000 years ago:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpres...opulation-bottleneck-not-anything-close-to-2/

There is written history. Plenty of it. and it being a fairy tale is your really bad opinion.

There is no written history of the Flood. The Bible is not a book of history, just as it is not a book of science. Some of the more recent events in the Bible are correct, but that does not mean that the whole book is valid.

Again, your conclusion was incorrect as this statement is also. PB is understood quite easily.

No, my conclusion was correct since you just demonstrated that you do not understand population bottlenecks. You ignored the most important aspect of them, that of genetic diversity of species. Another term that is synonymous is "genetic bottleneck". Cheetahs underwent one on the order of Noah's family, not just two individuals, it was dated to about 10,000 years ago and they are still suffering from it today. When any two Cheetahs breed it would be roughly equivalent of human brothers and sisters breeding today. In fact it is even worse than that. Cheetahs are all so similar that you can make a skin transplant from almost any one cheetah to another and there will be no rejection of tissue.

Everyone, including creation scientists agree that species change over time. The fundamental difference is that evolutionists believe that all the diversity of life we see today arose from a single common ancestor and creation scientists believe that all the diversity of life arose from the originally created kinds. This variation includes speciation, but only within the created kinds. Science bears this out as one kind of creature has never been observed to change into another kind despite literally billions of generations that have been scrutinized

The big difference is that scientists have evidence that supports evolution. Creationists have no scientific evidence.

Wrong again. Apes are not of the human species. Yes, they are mammals, so are dolphins, why didn't we evolve from them, so are whales and cows anything that has a vertebrae and produces milk for it's young fall under the categorie of mammals. but just because they do, doesn't mean we evolved from them. What it does show though is a Common Creator, God.
So therefore we couldn't have come from them. Why? interbreeding wouldn't have been able to happen. Also, there is no transitional fossils to show the change from ape to man.

Nope, we are apes. You don't understand what apes are. Let me help you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

"Apes (Hominoidea) are a branch of Old World tailless anthropoidcatarrhineprimates native to Africa and Southeast Asia. They are distinguished from other primates by a wider degree of freedom of motion at the shoulder joint as evolved by the influence of brachiation. There are two extant branches of the superfamily Hominoidea: the gibbons, or lesser apes; and the hominids, or great apes."

Do you have a tail? What traits do you have that says you are not in that group? If you want to use more scientific terms you are a hominid, and so are other great apes.

You want an honest question. here ya go....Where did the first mammal come from?

It is a poorly asked question. It shows that you do not understand the theory of evolution. There was no "first mammal". Mammals as a group evolved from synapsida. They are perhaps the earliest group that was separate from the reptiles. Odds are that if you saw an early synapsida you would think that it was a reptile, but they did not have any descendants that became what we would call reptiles today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

Gladly, you know the rules. Start a separate post where you deal only with this topic. No Gishing allowed.

You don't understand. You are the one that has been Gishing. If you want an answer is detail, and I went into more detail than I planned to in response to this long Gish of yours then you need to start a new post. You have been the one "sinning' here not me. A little honesty on your part would be appreciated.

individuals change over time. As do populations. They also adapt. They just don't change kind, from one species to another. that we agree.
No Adam and Eve, what evidence do you have that shows otherwise? Opinion on your part.

Your claim is of course wrong and shows that you still don't understand evolution. You were unable to define "kind". All you gave was a screed that had no definition. And populations do not change kind, but we have observed them undergo speciation. That is where a population splits into two different species. And the Adam and Eve tale is negated by the fact that at not time in human history there were not only two individuals as shown by population bottlenecks.

That man is good enough.....we're not

You do not even understand by what is meant by "good enough". The fact that humans still exist tells us that you are wrong. The fact that non-avian dinosaurs do not exist tells us that they were not "good enough".

Then quit saying things have been refuted without showing the evidence that it has.

Sorry, but you are still Gishing. If you want detail ask in a separate post. In long posts like this all you get are the basic facts. If you want details I am willing to do so if you ask one question at a time. I am sure that you have not forgotten your "evidence" for a flood failure. That was still a Gish. When you want detail you need to go over one topic at a time.

Wrong and answered earlier.

No, you were clearly wrong. That you won't let yourself understand is not my fault.

Yep...called God's Word.

Calling the Bible "God's word" is blasphemous to say the least. It portrays God in a very poor light in the Old Testament. And not even the Bible says that it is "God's word". At best all you can do is to quote out of context in supporting that claim.

straw man
I'm not talking about the god the flat earth believers believe in. I'm talking of the one from the Bible God Jehovah

No, that was not a strawman. I never claimed that was your version of God. And you merely have another version of God that has been refuted just as the version of God that the flat Earthers have has been refuted. Your arguments are no different from theirs by the way. They think that their version of God is the one true version, just as you do. At least they are a bit more consistent in their beliefs. They are obviously wrong, but at least they have consistency going for them.
God does answer prayers....sometime is answer is ....NO
Opinion on your part.
And there a much more who believe than who don't. That really doesn't make any difference really. God's still there, you'll see one day.

And we have all heard that weak excuse before. And the number of people that believe in an idea does not tell us the idea's validity. And please, no weak threats. When people make threats that is a sign that they know that they are wrong. Your fate is the same as my fate.

Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0