Does Satan really need God's permission before doing (literally) anything and everything?

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it true that Satan must ask God's permission for every single little thing and temptation he desires to foist upon God's children and creation writ large? Or does God give him a certain latitude that he may creatively unleash hell on us, but only to a certain point, like a dog with a shock collar going to far off the property and getting zapped because he went to far? We see in Job that Satan asked permission but does this story apply to everyone else today?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it true that Satan must ask God's permission for every single little thing and temptation he desires to foist upon God's children and creation writ large? Or does God give him a certain latitude that he may creatively unleash hell on us, but only to a certain point, like a dog with a shock collar going to far off the property and getting zapped because he went to far? We see in Job that Satan asked permission but does this story apply to everyone else today?
Satan is already being permitted to make cases before the audience for what it is he is wanting to do or try or whatever, etc. And then, yes, it is up to God's either permitting it or else not permitting it or not after that, etc, or is up to His either putting restrictions or else not putting restrictions on it or not after that, etc, when it is a case involving a believer, etc. But only God most usually knows why He permitted it or else did not permit it or not most usually in the first place, etc, because no one can read God's heart and/or mind, etc, even though the enemy might only thinks he can, and that he can then use that to manipulate God or whatever, etc.

God Bless.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God can give Satan permission and already has permission to roam the earth but I think we can also give Satan permission and power over us. What's interesting to me is God's need to test Job and using Satan to do it. That's why when people talk about Omnipresence that God is everywhere, knows anything and everything and blah, blah, blah never really made much sense to me. There's either a contradiction or a misinterpretation.

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Is it true that Satan must ask God's permission for every single little thing and temptation he desires to foist upon God's children and creation writ large?
Evidently not according to this:
Jeremiah 19:5 (KJV)
[5] They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind
:

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satan has God's permission to tempt (satan tempted Jesus) ... and we often fall for the temptation(s) ... we don't have to fall for the temptation.

Such was the case with Job. The temptation(s) included disastrous events with Job .... even so .... He remained faithful to God ... Job did not yield to the temptations of satan and remained faithful to God.

James 1

13When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. 15Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

1 Corinthians 10:13​

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

James 4:7​

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0