Does our loving God send people to hell?

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Is universalism / universal salvation biblical?

"Many people believe that all roads—all religions and beliefs—lead to heaven, or they consider that God is so full of love and mercy that He will allow all people into heaven." (GotQuestions.org)

"It becomes clear that universalism and universal salvation are unbiblical beliefs. Universalism directly contradicts what Scripture teaches. While many people accuse Christians of being intolerant and “exclusive,” it is important to remember that these are the words of Christ Himself. Christians did not develop these ideas on their own; Christians are simply stating what the Lord has already said. People choose to reject the message because they do not want to face up to their sin and admit that they need the Lord to save them. To say that those who reject God’s provision of salvation through His Son will be saved is to belittle the holiness and justice of God and negate the need of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf." (GotQuestions.org)

It is simple friends......

All Creation must be subjects of the Cross, there is no bypass path of reconciliation to God the Father.

The Cross means sacrifice for sin and Jesus repeatedly said to those he healed and forgave, as in the case of the prostitute, to go and sin no more.

The Hebrews author, writing on behalf of the entire Apostolic Church in Jerusalem addresses wilful sinning as follows.....

Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. 27There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies. 28For anyone who refused to obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. 30For we know the one who said,

“I will take revenge. I will pay them back.”

He also said,

“The LORD will judge his own people.”

31It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:26-31)

So after a person receives the knowledge of the TRUTH, and continues to wilfully sin, then that person is considered an enemy of God, because according to God the Father, that person has wilfully Trampled on the Son of God and has wilfully disdained the Holy Spirit.

This now becomes the issue of the unforgivable sin, which renders that individual an enemy of God forever and there is no coming back from this, once God makes the judgement call.

When this attack on God becomes rampant in the last days in the peoples (Anthropos) of sin, then God's mercy will take a back seat and he will even place these reprobates under a strong delusion, within the context of the falling away that Paul mentions in 2 Thessalonians 2, where he will allow them to live a lie and believe a lie, so that he entraps them in numbers and then he overthrows them by the breath of his mouth, by dispossessing them of what they thought they had and then to their end, he destroys them by the splendor of his coming.

Simply put, God wants them out, the times that we are living in are those days that Paul foresaw and these people (Anthropos) of sin are growing in numbers and are serving the lie and are heaping onto themselves the greater condemnation of their treatory to the Son and the Holy Spirit.

It is not good to teach Universalism. Universalism should be declared as an anti gospel and an outright attack on God. Reject it like the plague and let those who peddle in it, know their wrong doing against the Lord, for when you do that, you place them under condemnation, by the knowledge you have alerted them to.

My recommendations to significant others are, to not peddle in Universalism and go and preach sin no more to those who continue to wilfully sin. Hell and wilful sinning are bed partners and when you invite this within your congregations, you become the conduit and sanctuary city for sin. As the Lord would say, you are become Sodom!

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Inspired by this thread: How can a God of love send people to hell?
and my recent Bible studies, I wanted to open up discussion about this.

There's a whole alternative framework (that's not ever been deemed as heretical by the church) that seems to fit in much better with passages like John 3:16.

If we "dare to hope all men will be saved" (as the author Hans Urs von Balthasar writes) and if we believe that God laid down His life for us....not to "save us" from an angry Father...but to demonstrate His love for us.....it all fits together much better.

Instead of looking at the end.....maybe it'd be better to look at the beginning and start from there?

From Fr Richard Rohr: The incarnation of God and the redemption of the world could never be a mere mop-up exercise in response to human sinfulness, but the proactive work of God from the very beginning. We were "chosen in Christ before the world was made," as the hymn in Ephesians puts it (1:4). Our sin could not possibly be the motive for the divine incarnation, but only perfect love and divine self-revelation! For Scotus, God never merely reacts, but always supremely and freely acts, and always acts totally out of love. Scotus was very Trinitarian.

The best way I can summarize how Scotus tried to change the old notion of retributive justice is this: Jesus did not come to change the mind of God about humanity (it did not need changing)! Jesus came to change the mind of humanity about God. God in Jesus moved people beyond the counting, weighing, and punishing model, that the ego prefers, to the utterly new world that Jesus offered, where God's abundance has made any economy of merit, sacrifice, reparation, or atonement both unhelpful and unnecessary. Jesus undid "once and for all" (Hebrews 7:27; 9:12; 10:10) all notions of human and animal sacrifice and replaced them with his new economy of grace, which is the very heart of the gospel revolution. Jesus was meant to be a game changer for the human psyche and for religion itself. When we begin negatively, or focused on the problem, we never get out of the hamster wheel.~Richard Rohr's Meditation: Love, Not Atonement

If a piece of wood is burned in the fire, it burns once, not forever. In this world some are punished for obeying God's will. Jesus was tortured on the cross, but his pain was temporary for a greater gain. Three days later he appeared to Mary in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Some people looked for a reward in Christ.
Matthew 10:42 "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."

God is such a cruel person as to operate eternal torture chambers. Jesus came to heal and in order for people to have life, but not all welcomed him, nor were all capable of eternal rewards. God caused his rain to fall on the good and bad, so people wanted life. The wicked will perish and be cut off on the day of judgement. The Gospels do not describe an after life of eternal torture.

It is possible the wicked may suffer severe pain without God to comfort them as some wicked criminals were beaten and starved. There were also righteous people in jail. Some Christians endured torture in Soviet prisons, but God comforted them and they refused to denounce Christianity. In Syria and Iraq Christians were tortured and murdered as ISIS sought to control the world. They were not being tormented because they were evil, but because their lifestyles did not conform to the desires of ISIS.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know when, in fact, hell was created? In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. When did He create hell? Did He created Hell, or did Man create it to go along with the idea of the place of Torment.......Or was the earth, or one of the heavens created in the beginning...referred to as Hell in future writings?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. He does everything in His power to enable every one of His believed children to come home to Him and spend eternity in perfect happiness with Him. But if some of those children absolutely refuse His offer, is that His fault?
God can not do everything in His power and then fail.....If some of His children burn....He did not do everything in His power to save them.. God has the power to harden and soften hearts....

Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There's a whole alternative framework (that's not ever been deemed as heretical by the church) that seems to fit in much better with passages like John 3:16.

If we "dare to hope all men will be saved" (as the author Hans Urs von Balthasar writes) and if we believe that God laid down His life for us....not to "save us" from an angry Father...but to demonstrate His love for us.....it all fits together much better.

Instead of looking at the end.....maybe it'd be better to look at the beginning and start from there?

From Fr Richard Rohr: The incarnation of God and the redemption of the world could never be a mere mop-up exercise in response to human sinfulness, but the proactive work of God from the very beginning. We were "chosen in Christ before the world was made," as the hymn in Ephesians puts it (1:4). Our sin could not possibly be the motive for the divine incarnation, but only perfect love and divine self-revelation! For Scotus, God never merely reacts, but always supremely and freely acts, and always acts totally out of love. Scotus was very Trinitarian.

The best way I can summarize how Scotus tried to change the old notion of retributive justice is this: Jesus did not come to change the mind of God about humanity (it did not need changing)! Jesus came to change the mind of humanity about God. God in Jesus moved people beyond the counting, weighing, and punishing model, that the ego prefers, to the utterly new world that Jesus offered, where God's abundance has made any economy of merit, sacrifice, reparation, or atonement both unhelpful and unnecessary. Jesus undid "once and for all" (Hebrews 7:27; 9:12; 10:10) all notions of human and animal sacrifice and replaced them with his new economy of grace, which is the very heart of the gospel revolution. Jesus was meant to be a game changer for the human psyche and for religion itself. When we begin negatively, or focused on the problem, we never get out of the hamster wheel.~Richard Rohr's Meditation: Love, Not Atonement

God is a God of absolute and perfect Justice. NOTHING is going to happen to anyone that they do not deserve based on the known laws of the universe. Those that are forgiven accept the sacrifice that Jesus made for us at Calvery. God loved us so much that HE sacrificed His son for us. God's love is a sacrificial love for the sake of the beloved. God has impressed it upon me many times that He is a God of Justice. Everyone has their choice in life. As Moses tells us we can choose life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse, poverty or prosperity. No one can make that decision for us. Each and every individual has to choose for themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know when, in fact, hell was created? In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. When did He create hell? Did He created Hell, or did Man create it to go along with the idea of the place of Torment.......Or was the earth, or one of the heavens created in the beginning...referred to as Hell in future writings?
• Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41
• "these shall go away into eternal punishment, Matthew 25:46"
• "the fire of hell where the fire is not quenched and the worm does not die, Mark 9:43-48"
• "cast into a fiery furnace where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth,” Matthew 13:42, Matthew 13:50
• “But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” Matthew 18:6
• “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:23
• “woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. ” Matthew 26:24
In Matt. 18:6, 26:24, see above, Jesus teaches that there is a fate worse than death or nonexistence. A fate worse than death is also mentioned in Hebrews 10:28-31.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Jesus is quoted as using the word death 17 times in the gospels, if He wanted to say eternal death in Matt 25:46, that is what He would have said but He didn’t, He said “eternal punishment.” The Sadducees did not believe in the resurrection, they knew that everybody died; rich, poor, young, old, good, bad, men, women, children, infants and knew that it had nothing to do with punishment and was permanent. When Jesus taught “eternal punishment” they would not have understood it as death, it would have meant something worse to them.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We read in Isaiah 5:14 that Hell has enlarged herself to make room for the people. In Rev12:4 we read: 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon with seven heads, ten horns, and seven royal crowns on his heads. 4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the sky, tossing them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman as she was about to give birth, ready to devour her child as soon as He was born.

Some people believe that Satan and 1/3 of the angles were cast to the earth back at the time of the dinosaurs. They believe Satan then corrupted the dinosaurs to get them to fight among themselves to destroy themselves. As a result there was a flood and the Continent of Pangaea was broken up into the different land masses that we have today. This was back in the day of the dinosaurs when primates were very small and not much bigger then a mouse.

Matthew 25 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." So Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels and then enlarged to make room for the people that followed Satan in his rebellion against God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God can not do everything in His power and then fail.....If some of His children burn....He did not do everything in His power to save them.. God has the power to harden and soften hearts....
Unsupported opinion.
Note this passage from Jeremiah. God said “I have caused to cleave” That word is הדבקתי/ha’dabaq’thi. It is in the perfect or completed sense. God’s will, expressly stated, for the whole house of Israel and Judah, to cling to God as a belt clings to a man’s waist. It was done, finished, completed, in God’s sight, and, according to some arguments presented, nothing man can do will cause God’s will to not be done. But they, Israel and Judah, would not hear and obey, their will, vs. God’s will, So God destroyed them, vs. 14.
This passage very much speaks to the issue of God’s sovereign will, and man’s free will and agency. God stated very clearly what His will was, in terms that cannot be misunderstood. But, because the Israelites would not hear, and obey, God destroyed them, instead of them being unto God, “for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory, vs. 10.”

Jer 13:1 Thus saith the LORD unto me, Go and get thee a linen girdle, and put it upon thy loins, and put it not in water.
2 So I got a girdle according to the word of the LORD, and put it on my loins.
3 And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying,
4 Take the girdle that thou hast got, which is upon thy loins, and arise, go to Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole of the rock.
5 So I went, and hid it by Euphrates, as the LORD commanded me.
6 And it came to pass after many days, that the LORD said unto me, Arise, go to Euphrates, and take the girdle from thence, which I commanded thee to hide there.
7 Then I went to Euphrates, and digged, and took the girdle from the place where I had hid it: and, behold, the girdle was marred, it was profitable for nothing.
8 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
9 Thus saith the LORD, After this manner will I mar the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem.
10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
11 For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave [הדבקתי/ha’dabaq’thi] unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
· · ·
14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Note, verse 14, God said He will NOT have pity, will NOT spare, and will NOT have mercy but destroy them.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
• Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41
• "these shall go away into eternal punishment, Matthew 25:46"
• "the fire of hell where the fire is not quenched and the worm does not die, Mark 9:43-48"
• "cast into a fiery furnace where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth,” Matthew 13:42, Matthew 13:50
• “But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” Matthew 18:6
• “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:23
• “woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. ” Matthew 26:24
In Matt. 18:6, 26:24, see above, Jesus teaches that there is a fate worse than death or nonexistence. A fate worse than death is also mentioned in Hebrews 10:28-31.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Jesus is quoted as using the word death 17 times in the gospels, if He wanted to say eternal death in Matt 25:46, that is what He would have said but He didn’t, He said “eternal punishment.” The Sadducees did not believe in the resurrection, they knew that everybody died; rich, poor, young, old, good, bad, men, women, children, infants and knew that it had nothing to do with punishment and was permanent. When Jesus taught “eternal punishment” they would not have understood it as death, it would have meant something worse to them.
I know of the many verses that say hell...I also know of the many greek words backing the singular English word Hell. Im asking when was it created.......Was it one of the places listed as being created in the beginning.....or was it created after?....or is it a human invention?....the physical place of torment....not the idea of hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We read in Isaiah 5:14 that Hell has enlarged herself to make room for the people. In Rev12:4 we read: 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon with seven heads, ten horns, and seven royal crowns on his heads. 4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the sky, tossing them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman as she was about to give birth, ready to devour her child as soon as He was born.

Some people believe that Satan and 1/3 of the angles were cast to the earth back at the time of the dinosaurs. They believe Satan then corrupted the dinosaurs to get them to fight among themselves to destroy themselves. As a result there was a flood and the Continent of Pangaea was broken up into the different land masses that we have today. This was back in the day of the dinosaurs when primates were very small and not much bigger then a mouse.

Matthew 25 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." So Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels and then enlarged to make room for the people that followed Satan in his rebellion against God.
In the beginning the heavens and earth was created. There are scientist who state the Heavens are expanding continually.......also, as more of the earth was discovered...the Earth...seems to have expanded as well....which allowed for population growth..... Could one of these be likened to the hell you mention...or was there another place created without the creation being mentioned in the bible.....and if so...does this leave way for the creation of other unmentioned places.....lets say purgatory, for example...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unsupported opinion.
Note this passage from Jeremiah. God said “I have caused to cleave” That word is הדבקתי/ha’dabaq’thi. It is in the perfect or completed sense. God’s will, expressly stated, for the whole house of Israel and Judah, to cling to God as a belt clings to a man’s waist. It was done, finished, completed, in God’s sight, and, according to some arguments presented, nothing man can do will cause God’s will to not be done. But they, Israel and Judah, would not hear and obey, their will, vs. God’s will, So God destroyed them, vs. 14.
This passage very much speaks to the issue of God’s sovereign will, and man’s free will and agency. God stated very clearly what His will was, in terms that cannot be misunderstood. But, because the Israelites would not hear, and obey, God destroyed them, instead of them being unto God, “for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory, vs. 10.”

Jer 13:1 Thus saith the LORD unto me, Go and get thee a linen girdle, and put it upon thy loins, and put it not in water.
2 So I got a girdle according to the word of the LORD, and put it on my loins.
3 And the word of the LORD came unto me the second time, saying,
4 Take the girdle that thou hast got, which is upon thy loins, and arise, go to Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole of the rock.
5 So I went, and hid it by Euphrates, as the LORD commanded me.
6 And it came to pass after many days, that the LORD said unto me, Arise, go to Euphrates, and take the girdle from thence, which I commanded thee to hide there.
7 Then I went to Euphrates, and digged, and took the girdle from the place where I had hid it: and, behold, the girdle was marred, it was profitable for nothing.
8 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
9 Thus saith the LORD, After this manner will I mar the pride of Judah, and the great pride of Jerusalem.
10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
11 For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave [הדבקתי/ha’dabaq’thi] unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
· · ·
14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Note, verse 14, God said He will NOT have pity, will NOT spare, and will NOT have mercy but destroy them.
I see not fault in you believing that God can fail.....or your notion that "God doesn't fail" is an unsupported opinion. I hope you dont mind me continuing to believe that God Will, will be done without question and that He cant fail.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, our loving God provides everything necessary for His beloved children to spend eternity in perfect happiness with Him in Heaven. If some people are foolish enough to reject what He has provided, then they freely choose Hell.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning the heavens and earth was created. There are scientist who state the Heavens are expanding continually.......also, as more of the earth was discovered...the Earth...seems to have expanded as well....which allowed for population growth..... Could one of these be likened to the hell you mention...or was there another place created without the creation being mentioned in the bible.....and if so...does this leave way for the creation of other unmentioned places.....lets say purgatory, for example...
I have seen the bottomless pit when I was 8 years old and under anesthesia. That was in the old days because the anesthesia they use now a days is a lot better. We are told hell is in the earth. Before carvery paradise was in the earth also. Separated from hell by a chasm Luke (16:26). I do not know of any scripture that talks about a purgatory. That was one of Dante's books that were so popular when he wrote them.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hell is eternal, being stuck in hell eternally is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So, the question was:

"Does our loving God send people to Hell"?

Answer: No, we are of sinful nature and as a natural path.... we are going to hell..
God gave His Son so He could save us from Hell. The choice is yours.... God doesn't send you there, you choose that as a destination for yourself.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Richard Rohr is a heretic and his writings contain some bad stuff. You would do better to quote men such as David Bentley Hart.​

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes. God is pleased to send unrepentant sinners to hell to the glory of his justice. God hates the wicked and is angry everyday (Psalm 7:11). If sinners will not repent, God will whet his sword (Psalm 7:12).

God justly sends unrepentant sinners to hell.

There is no such place as Hell. Romans 5: 18-19 teaches that the salvation of God has redeemed ALL MANKIND, not just the heretical notion of a few "elect."

Now.....that said, those who love wickedness will find the presence of God to be a torment. You can call that hell if you wish, as did some of the Early Fathers of the Church. The same fire of love which torments those who love evil, will be blessing to those who love God and who have obeyed Him. It is just like the pillar of fire which protected the Israelites on the way out of Egypt. The same pillar was a darkness and terror to the Egyptians, but was light and blessing to the Israelites.

There is no such place as hell because, as the Psalmist said, there is no place in all Creation that God is not.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God did indeed purpose from the beginning to reconcile all things to himself in Christ. Christ dying to atone for sins has always been the Father's plan. But this does not in any way imply that the doctrine of substitutionary atonement is wrong or that God doesn't send people to hell.

I would appreciate an answer to these questions. So far no one has given any sort of substantive answer:

Vacuous Answers to Reasonable Questions – Part Two

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Universal salvation is an occult idea that was spread by Judeo-Freemasonry and should be seen as anathema to devout Christians

This truly is a doctrine of devils and the devils use the enemies of the Church to spread this doctrine in order to lure men into complacency about spiritual things

You already said this teaching has been counted as heretical
Put down vain innovations and return to the Faith handed down from Jesus to His Apostles

Judeo-Freemasonry did not exist when the Early Fathers were teaching apokatastasis. Are you aware that a number of saints taught this in the third and fourth centuries? Have you actually ever READ any of their epistles, or are you just fearful that it may be right and the Roman Catholic Church may be wrong?

Upvote 0