Does God love everyone or just his sheep?

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay so, most people in this thread say that God loves everyone. I suppose since God created us all that he would automatically love us. It would only make sense to assume that. But what about his non elect? Does he love them? He would naturally be disappointed in those who don't come to Jesus for salvation. But, would he love them?
Matt. 5: 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Are we to have greater “Love” than God has by Loving our enemies and God does not?

Christ is doing and saying everything God would do and say if He was here, so when did Christ not Love someone?

Genesis 9:6 Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image.

That is not suggesting Adam was the only one made in the image of God, but does suggest all men are made in God’s image?

The problem people have with God Loving “everyone” is the question: “Why is everyone not saved”? You either have to believe: “God does not Love everyone” or believe: man can refuse God’s Love (Charity) and thus refuse salvation even though God Loves them.

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves even Satan, but they chose hell, God did/does not send them there...
And Jesus overturned the tables in the temple and said this of the Pharisees.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.​

Sorry, nothing loving in these words for the devil. They are a harsh condemnation of those that follow the devil. Jesus did not love these that did not love the Father but the devil instead. Further, Jesus said they do not belong to God.

People do not choose hell. Read the account of judgement day. The goats don't want and choose to go to hell. They are sent their because of their actions in this age. And then, they are thrown into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God is just and judges the unrighteous. We are not the judge so we must only love.
Especially, when most of the time, we don't or can't know who's who in the heart, but, God does, and so can make that distinction...

Thanks man,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And Jesus overturned the tables in the temple and said this of the Pharisees.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.​

Sorry, nothing loving in these words for the devil. They are a harsh condemnation of those that follow the devil. Jesus did not love these that did not love the Father but the devil instead. Further, Jesus said they do not belong to God.

People do not choose hell. Read the account of judgement day. The goats don't want and choose to go to hell. They are sent their because of their actions in this age. And then, they are thrown into the lake of fire.
It is a loving rebuke trying and succeeding to win all of them that it was possible to win or save, to himself, but, saving some of them by those cutting words to a hard-hearted person...

Jesus did win and freely forgive those Jews who felt convicted by this and came to his side, and then He (Jesus) made disciples out of them...

Jesus did not hold it against them who converted due to a change of heart by his some say harsh, kinda angry words to the Pharisitcal Jews...

But those Jews knew Jesus was speaking the truth about where they were at spiritually, they Had been children of the Devil, they accepted that truth from Jesus, and it made them have a change of heart and "repent", and follow Jesus Physically and/or in Spirit...

Or do you seriously think God is a Sadist...? (Ezekiel 18) (Ezekiel 18:23) (Ezekiel 18:32)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 18:23 and Ezekiel 18:32 means that God is anguish over not violating our free to choose for ourselves or "turn ourselves around" from our wickedness... He could easily "make us" but, he will not, we must choose...

"The problem is choice..." (Matrix)

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves even Satan, but they chose hell, God did/does not send them there...
Still waiting for scripture to support your statement that God loves Satan. I quoted John 8:44 which verbalizes how much God hates the devil. I extrapolate this hate to those that follow the devil and God knows will never repent.
It is a loving rebuke trying and succeeding to win all of them that it was possible to win or save, to himself, but, saving some of them by those cutting words to a hard-hearted person...

Jesus did win and freely forgive those Jews who felt convicted by this and came to his side, and then He (Jesus) made disciples out of them...

Jesus did not hold it against them who converted due to a change of heart by his some say harsh, kinda angry words to the Pharisitcal Jews...

But those Jews knew Jesus was speaking the truth about where they were at spiritually, they Had been children of the Devil, they accepted that truth from Jesus, and it made them have a change of heart and "repent", and follow Jesus Physically and/or in Spirit...

Or do you seriously think God is a Sadist...? (Ezekiel 18) (Ezekiel 18:23) (Ezekiel 18:32)...

God Bless!
What is the difference between a rebuke and judgement? One is meant for one's betterment. One announces punishment. You wish to pretend there are not those that God knows will be punished. Those are the ones that Jesus said "do not belong to God". Because of this, they do not hear. If they can not hear, they can not repent.

Read Jesus' other words to see how he judges the whole city of Jerusalem and prophesies it's destruction because the bulk of them rejected him.

Luke 19:41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”
And so some "good" people suffered and were punished because the bulk of the Jews rejected Jesus.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God loves everyone or he would not have made them in the first place
A humanist argument with no basis in scripture. I know Romans 9 is a difficult text to accept, but it is God's word and teaches his sovereign authority.

Romans 9:20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—​

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
But what does *world* mean? So many base their belief on only half a sentence. Are cows part of the world? How about trees? And rocks? Read the second part of the same sentence to see who God loves and sent his Son to die for. That would be those that believe.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yes, God loves ALL of his creation, including animals, plants, rocks, etc. He created them and proclaimed them all to be good. However, they do not have the same capacity (or need) to choose whether or not to put their trust in Jesus like humans do, and though they live with us in a fallen world, they never chose sin like humans did. God LOVES all of the world, ALL of his creation, but died for those of us who need his grace (us humans) and so those of us who choose to accept his grace will not pay the penalty of sin that we (humans) all deserve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Still waiting for scripture to support your statement that God loves Satan. I quoted John 8:44 which verbalizes how much God hates the devil. I extrapolate this hate to those that follow the devil and God knows will never repent.

What is the difference between a rebuke and judgement? One is meant for one's betterment. One announces punishment. You wish to pretend there are not those that God knows will be punished. Those are the ones that Jesus said "do not belong to God". Because of this, they do not hear. If they can not hear, they can not repent.

Read Jesus' other words to see how he judges the whole city of Jerusalem and prophesies it's destruction because the bulk of them rejected him.

Luke 19:41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”
And so some "good" people suffered and were punished because the bulk of the Jews rejected Jesus.
(John 8:44), Angry or upset does not mean pure hatred, in fact, it sometimes can mean you care... Oh, I know and have gotten myself in some trouble quite a few times, with thoughts of a "sympathy for the devil trip", and Jesus had to warn me, and told me they will never repent, not ever... and to instead focus on those who are not completely or entirely lost...

I also don't want to get into a discussion about the trinity right now either...

Also, notice how Jesus was "weeping" over the city saying that...? He wasn't angry saying it... (Luke 19:41-44)

God Bless!

• Informative
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A humanist argument with no basis in scripture. I know Romans 9 is a difficult text to accept, but it is God's word and teaches his sovereign authority.

Romans 9:20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—​

the objects of wrath and the objects of mercy are elements within myself and since God loves us all he has stated what his will is for each of us

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
(John 8:44), Angry or upset does not mean pure hatred, in fact, it sometimes can mean you care... Oh, I know and have gotten myself in some trouble quite a few times, with thoughts of a "sympathy for the devil trip", and Jesus had to warn me, and told me they will never repent, not ever... and to instead focus on those who are not completely or entirely lost...

I also don't want to get into a discussion about the trinity right now either...

Also, notice how Jesus was "weeping" over the city saying that...? He wasn't angry saying it... (Luke 19:41-44)

God Bless!
OK, about the trinity issue here, let me ask a question: "Did Jesus as God in the OT, or did God, in the OT, fully know everything that Satan was gonna do from the moment he made him all the way up or down to his last move...? or not...?

Why'd he make him then, why make evil...?

This is where we would have to get into a discussion about the trinity, or at least, the Father and the Son...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay so, most people in this thread say that God loves everyone. I suppose since God created us all that he would automatically love us. It would only make sense to assume that. But what about his non elect? Does he love them? He would naturally be disappointed in those who don't come to Jesus for salvation. But, would he love them?

Good day,

In creation you can only assume he loves his purpose in creating... He loves the non- elect and shows that love by allowing them to live when they are rightly condemned by him (they serve his purpose). His love for his elect is an adopting love where God for his own purposes adopts us us his own.

He loves both the elect and the non-elect just not in the same way, nor for the same purpose.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

BetzaidaK

Oct 9, 2017
Tarpon Springs
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This question came to me today. Does God love everyone or is his love only select to his sheep? Scripture doesnt really have many answers on the subject so I'm really curious. Also, does Jesus love us? It definitely doesn't seem that way at times...
Hello,
2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish [“he does not want anyone to be destroyed,” TEV], but that all should reach repentance.” (RS) It is God’s merciful desire that all of Adam’s offspring repent, and he has generously made provision for forgiveness of the sins of those who do. But he does not force anyone to accept that provision. (Compare Deuteronomy 30:15-20 .) If God didn't like humanity, He wouldn't have sent Jesus to die for us. Remember, ancient Israel was his "sheep" at one time also. What happened? God rejected them for their continuous sin and rejection of the Messiah.
Also consider the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:30-37. The first two were part of the "sheep" (from the ancient Jews) yet the third was not. Who did Jesus say did the correct thing and received God's approval? The one that wasn't his "sheep." The Samaritan. So Yes, God and Jesus love humanity but don't confuse that love with blindness; because they won't turn a blind eye to one's sins.
Another example is when God sent Jonah to warn the Ninevites in the Book of Jonah. I encourage you to read that book and see if God didn't like them or if He did.
I can write more examples but this should suffice for now.
Have a good day.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I view the terms "elect" and "non-elect" differently than most here. I believe that all "total human" life are the "elect"...as Christ died for ALL MANKIND. The only "non-elect" beings are those that are spawns of the devil's devices, perhaps such as the nephalim?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This question came to me today. Does God love everyone or is his love only select to his sheep? Scripture doesnt really have many answers on the subject so I'm really curious. Also, does Jesus love us? It definitely doesn't seem that way at times...
1 John chapter 2 verse 2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Upvote 0

BetzaidaK

Oct 9, 2017
Tarpon Springs
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you ignore hell, judgement day and the example of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Hello,
The Hell where sinners are tormented for eternity doesn't exist. God himself states the state of the dead.
Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10. "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten... Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going."
How can you know you're in pain and torment in Hell if God states that you can't know anything when you're dead? The truth is that the Fiery Hell that is commonly known is anti-biblical. It goes agains't God's personality (1 John 4:8). Have a good day.

Upvote 0