United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I mean with all the horrible things that go on in the world and how sinful people are, it's hard to see God as having a sense of humor. And most things that qualify for humor nowadays are (in hindsight) not really something to be laughed at yet we laugh anyway. But there is some good, clean humor and I imagine that nothing good exists in this world without having its ultimate source in God. Nowhere in the Bible does is even mention humor. So I wonder if humor is ultimately a human thing or if God could find things funny as well.

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Short answer... Yes..

Yes, there are awful things in this world as a result of the sinfulness of man and the evil that can be found in man's heart, but there are beautiful and wonderful things too. There is a way of showing a sense of humor that doesn't mock others and is not crude or vile. This kind of humor I would see God having. Plus he created Duck Billed Platypuses. Cats that chase laser beams and puppies that roll around in the grass. Remember that joy and clean humor can go hand in hand..

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Short answer... Yes..

Yes, there are awful things in this world as a result of the sinfulness of man and the evil that can be found in man's heart, but there are beautiful and wonderful things too. There is a way of showing a sense of humor that doesn't mock others and is not crude or vile. This kind of humor I would see God having. Plus he created Duck Billed Platypuses. Cats that chase laser beams and puppies that roll around in the grass. Remember that joy and clean humor can go hand in hand..

I can imagine God being bored to death by clean humor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. He has GOT to have a sense o' humor to create one o' these:

4chsmu1.gif

618P3aUA26L._SX300_.jpg

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think it's more of a Bill Burr humor? I kind of doubt it..

Well I don't think God necessarily likes vulgar stuff, for instance there were many times when I talked to him and the conversation came to a point where he could've used some vulgar language but refused. So I don't think hes into vulgar comedy but I think he definitely likes more than so called clean comedy. His actual sense of humor I think could surprise you and others because we have this idea of this strict being but theres more to him than that.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ephesians 5:4 forbids foolish talking and crude jesting. That's why I believe God's sense of humor is not after that fashion. Makes sense if you know your bible. Not that I haven't done my fair share of crude joking, but I try not to if I can help it.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well I don't think God necessarily likes vulgar stuff, for instance there were many times when I talked to him and the conversation came to a point where he could've used some vulgar language but refused. So I don't think hes into vulgar comedy but I think he definitely likes more than so called clean comedy. His actual sense of humor I think could surprise you and others because we have this idea of this strict being but theres more to him than that.

I kind of agree. I would probably be surprised, but I do believe it isn't crude or vile..

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 5:4 forbids foolish talking and crude jesting. That's why I believe God's sense of humor is not after that fashion. Makes sense if you know your bible. Not that I haven't done my fair share of crude joking, but I try not to if I can help it.

I'm not saying God is into crude jokes or humor or talk of any sort. That has not been my experience with him. What I am saying is hes not just this ultraconservative strict humorless being. He has a better sense of humor than any of us could have. We as flawed beings tend to sometimes find things funny that really aren't based off of our emotional state and the sort. God doesn't have that problem he definitely does have the perfect sense of humor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. He has GOT to have a sense o' humor to create one o' these:

4chsmu1.gif

618P3aUA26L._SX300_.jpg

I think an M&M would fit nicely in each nostril..

Is that mean? lol....

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not saying God is into crude jokes or humor or talk of any sort. That has not been my experience with him. What I am saying is hes not just this ultraconservative strict humorless being. He has a better sense of humor than any of us could have. We as flawed beings tend to sometimes find things funny that really aren't based off of our emotional state and the sort. God doesn't have that problem he definitely does have the perfect sense of humor.

I agree.. By clean I didn't mean strict or emotionless.. I know that God has all the emotions we have and that He has them perfectly and in abundance.. He created us, so He must have the ultimate sense of humor. Me and a friend of mine joked that if there were aliens (in the ET sense) that they have refused to destroy the earth because it is the ultimate reality show for them and they make popcorn in the microwave ovens in their ships just to see what the crazy humans will do next.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree.. By clean I didn't mean strict or emotionless.. I know that God has all the emotions we have and that He has them perfectly and in abundance.. He created us, so He must have the ultimate sense of humor. Me and a friend of mine joked that if there were aliens (in the ET sense) that they have refused to destroy the earth because it is the ultimate reality show for them and they make popcorn in the microwave ovens in their ships just to see what the crazy humans will do next.. lol

While I don't agree with people who say once we die we just float around the world or watch the earth in real time immediately after we die, I find that more fun and interesting than what I believe happens which is we stay in an unconscious state till the resurrection.

Upvote 0