Does God forget people who end up in Hell?

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am 67 and have had countless of these discussions------YES!! And have been on those that have ended up with discussions about one single word that have lasted forever!! It all ends up that is depends on what each person wants to believe. I go by one rule if there appears to be a contradiction. I choose to go with what follows the character of God and the rest of the scriptures the closest.
Then will you please show me by using Hebrew and Greek why I should believe you. Back it up with sound, Biblical reasoning. Your age doesn't matter to me, or your record of how many debates you have been in. Alm that matters is what God has actually spoken to us, and what you are saying is contrary to His character.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not say you said that. I said the price of sin is death--He paid it. If the price of sin was eternal torment--He'd still be there. God told Adam and if they sinned they would die---He doesn't lie or tell half truths---He did not say they would be tormented in hell forever.
Infinite sin deserves infinite punishment. Sinning is infinite sin. It was the infinite value of Christ paying for our sins, the equivalent of infinite suffering he underwent, that paid for our sins.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look guys... I never suggested God is pleased with throwing people in Hell.
His scripture says...He wishes none perish...
But because people have free will some will choose what they want to do. People truly do send themselves to Hell and what makes Hell ..hellish is because it's life *without* God.

God is every good thing and comfort on this Earth.

My only question was if God has any rememberance of those who choose to go there. That's all.
God knows if a sparrow falls from the sky (Matthew 10:29). Will God remember trillions of ants who carried a heavy load before passing away? An ant may carry forty times its own weight.

Will God want to remember the people who did good more than those who caused evil to happen? God may remember to resurrect the righteous during the day of judgement. God did not promise to remember the unrighteous forever.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then will you please show me by using Hebrew and Greek why I should believe you. Back it up with sound, Biblical reasoning. Your age doesn't matter to me, or your record of how many debates you have been in. Alm that matters is what God has actually spoken to us, and what you are saying is contrary to His character.

Give me a break---I'm old, tired, and in a wheel chair with degenerated discs in back and neck, I have fibro and my fingers and feet are numb--all the time and I'm on antibiotics for a bad infection----this is hard for me!! You look them up! I did it already! My mind and heart are convinced by my studies. I don't see how you can say that burning billions of people for eternity fits the character of God!! To me--the doctrine of eternal torture is against the character of God and has been a great cause in the making of people who turn against God for they can not reconcile a God that is love with one that tortures forever. Biblically, they do not have to believe such an evil concept. That was made for the purpose of scaring people into behaving and for the purpose also of garnering money in indulgences to shorten their time in a nonbiblical purgatory or keep them from it entirely. Don't believe me--believe what the bible says and what the character of God says. If a mere mortal like me can see the gross injustice of this concept, how much more is God appalled by that.

Job_4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

No---there is no eternal torment. People believe it because they've been told that is what it means. They listen to the leaders, instead of searching for themselves. Don't just look at what those whole believe this concept say---check with those thst do not, at least you will have a balanced picture.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Infinite sin deserves infinite punishment. Sinning is infinite sin. It was the infinite value of Christ paying for our sins, the equivalent of infinite suffering he underwent, that paid for our sins.

Sin is not infinite--it is sin. You do it--it ends. Adam and Eve did not eat the fruit for eternity--once was enough---thank you very much guys. It causes a separation from God that God can fix and has by the death of His Son. I am tired---I must go take care of my dog, I very impatient, hungry Siberian Husky. When he whines I listen! He has me well trained.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is not infinite--it is sin. You do it--it ends. Adam and Eve did not eat the fruit for eternity--once was enough---thank you very much guys. It causes a separation from God that God can fix and has by the death of His Son. I am tired---I must go take care of my dog, I very impatient, hungry Siberian Husky. When he whines I listen! He has me well trained.
God is infinite so any sin is of infinite proportions.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Give me a break---I'm old, tired, and in a wheel chair with degenerated discs in back and neck, I have fibro and my fingers and feet are numb--all the time and I'm on antibiotics for a bad infection----this is hard for me!! You look them up! I did it already! My mind and heart are convinced by my studies. I don't see how you can say that burning billions of people for eternity fits the character of God!! To me--the doctrine of eternal torture is against the character of God and has been a great cause in the making of people who turn against God for they can not reconcile a God that is love with one that tortures forever. Biblically, they do not have to believe such an evil concept. That was made for the purpose of scaring people into behaving and for the purpose also of garnering money in indulgences to shorten their time in a nonbiblical purgatory or keep them from it entirely. Don't believe me--believe what the bible says and what the character of God says. If a mere mortal like me can see the gross injustice of this concept, how much more is God appalled by that.

Job_4:17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

No---there is no eternal torment. People believe it because they've been told that is what it means. They listen to the leaders, instead of searching for themselves. Don't just look at what those whole believe this concept say---check with those thst do not, at least you will have a balanced picture.
Do you also preach the false grace gospel because it speaks to the unbelievers more than the true gospel? The True road is narrow, and broad is the path to destruction. Few find the narrow road, and we who do find it because we accept God for who He says He is no matter what we feel or what the unbelievers wish He was. We cannot replace the true image of Him for an idol only to please the flesh.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering does God remember people in Hell?
I was watching a few videos on the topic...

One said in her experience when she went to hell and she couldn't feel anything.. no love, comfort...nothing

and it made me wonder if God still remembers the souls of those in Hell.

and if he does how does He resist trying to save/help them?
They are not forgotten. In Fact, God in there with them....just like when the three Hebrew boys were thrown in the furnace.

"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there."

However, you stay there only as long as you believe you have to. If you believe you have to stay there forever....be it unto you as you believe....If you think a day would be enough....be it unto you as you believe. But there is always a way of escape....the only thing stopping us from finding it...are our beliefs......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at it from God's perspective, punishing sin reveals God's justice, righteousness and goodness. God would not be good if he did not punish sin. But it also shows God's love, mercy and grace when he took on human nature as Jesus to receive the wrath of hell in our place on the cross. Here he proved God's infinite love for those who should be in hell, taking his own wrath upon himself in their place. Even for his enemies and those who killed him.
Do you believe that you have the power to view things from the perspective of God or a god? You feel that your ways and thoughts are like God's ways or thoughts?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that you have the power to view things from the perspective of God or a god? You feel that your ways and thoughts are like God's ways or thoughts?
Why read the bible if not to see things God's way?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why read the bible if not to see things God's way?
Seems you missed this line during your reading:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord"

What part of this gives you the impression that you can learn his ways and thoughts by reading the rest of the book?

If you lack wisdom you have to get it from God. Not from searching with your mind and putting your own thoughts together......because, again, your thoughts are not His......

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems you missed this line during your reading:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord"

What part of this gives you the impression that you can learn his ways and thoughts by reading the rest of the book?

If you lack wisdom you have to get it from God. Not from searching with your mind and putting your own thoughts together......because, again, your thoughts are not His......
But we make God's thoughts our thoughts when we read the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2:10-16
You are not saying anything about the Spirit...you are talking about searching Hebrew and greek words....what your mind tells you the scriptures mean etc.... If you say God revealed this to you and you experienced it....nothing more can be said about that....it cant be argued.....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we make God's thoughts our thoughts when we read the bible.
I agree, and this is why many go to the Hell we are discussing now. When we go to God we must take no thought with us. We must remove all doctrines on which we stand.....our shoes... Then we can enter the secret places of the most high., and inquire in His temple.

But this is hard to do....because most of us are so rich with decades of knowledge. When told to sell it all, we have no choice but to walk away in shame because we have so much that it seems impossible to do...... and for man....it is impossible.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are not saying anything about the Spirit...you are talking about searching Hebrew and greek words....what your mind tells you the scriptures mean etc.... If you say God revealed this to you and you experienced it....nothing more can be said about that....it cant be argued.....
That is because speaking about personal revelation between me and God in the forums will only end in arguments. I have had personal evidence of everlasting torment from the Holy Spirit, and He is the only One I trust, BUT that isn't sufficient in a discussion where people are listening to their own minds and their own pride instead of seeking God. But if we want to have a complete understanding of Scripture, we have to accept what it says, every word of it, and understand what God originally meant by it, and we have to have our minds opened by the Holy Spirit. Reading Scripture in the original language will help us understand what God wants to tell us, but it is still God who interprets for us, if we allow Him to.

Upvote 0