Does God Feel Like Me?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you really say sigh. It's talking about Hypocrites!! Like people who hurt others down with words and then post slams about others.

Yes, I know it is talking about hypocrities. But that does not mean believers cannot judge other believers, though (Which is the problem that the Original Poster appears to have). Jesus and His followers judged the brethren.

As for the word "sigh." I thought you believed Matthew 7 was talking about how we cannot judge. My mistake. So I apologize. However, it does get tiresome after a while to keep hearing that old argument from certain believers who say we cannot judge other believers with them pointing to Matthew 7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I know it is talking about hypocrities. But that does not mean believers cannot judge other believers, though (Which is the problem that the Original Poster appears to have). Jesus and His followers judged the brethren.

As for the word "sigh." I thought you believed Matthew 7 was talking about how we cannot judge. My mistake. So I apologize. It just gets tiresome to hear that old argument of people saying we cannot judge other believers with them pointing to Matthew 7.

It's cool I'm guilty of not reading a whole post before I add my 2¢

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Well, obviously you have not read the chapter with any retention of what it said then.
This statement should be added to the other statements in the OP.

You might as well have said "Obviously you have no clue as to what the bible says"....because that's what you really mean.

Just another bunch of noise that I'll tune out.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

kimberlyw

Aug 24, 2016
WNC
✟9,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we exemplify Christ, His humble ways and teachings and only buck up like He did say when the moneychangers were in the temple and he turned over the tables.... then we should show Him and this would not be how things sound to others. You gotta remember that the Holy Spirit allows each of us to hear what we need to hear the moment we need to so at the right time God will break through feelings like this, perceptions, etc. It's all God's timing. Pray God will help you see past such things and He will.

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This statement should be added to the other statements in the OP.

You might as well have said "Obviously you have no clue as to what the bible says"....because that's what you really mean.

Just another bunch of noise that I'll tune out.

Well, it wasn't just noise, dear sir. I added Scripture to back my conclusion. I apologize if my words came off as being a little insulting. But if you did actually read the chapter very carefully, you would not come to believe what you do. I made points in Scripture using the context of Matthew 7 to show you that your belief does not work here. Your tuning out the verses I quoted in Matthew 7 only proves your own guilt that you have not actually looked at this chapter carefully enough. However, if you were to discuss the verses I brought up and give me an answer as to what you think they say (Then that would be another matter).

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I apologize if my words came off as being a little insulting. But if you did actually read the chapter very carefully, you would not come to believe what you do. I made points in Scripture using the context of Matthew 7 to show you that your belief does not work here. Your tuning out the verses I quoted in Matthew 7 does not change what is written in Matthew 7.

I'm not tuning out the verses. I'm tuning out your insults. Have a day...

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Not everyone is going to make it according to the Bible. Jesus says to certain individuals to depart from him because they work lawlessness (See Matthew 7:23). Today, many reject God's laws in favor of turning the grace of God into a doctrine for immorality (See Jude 1:4 NIV).

Some of us believe in the efficacy of Jesus' sacrifice and don't need to crucify him again and again. You have quoted Matthew 7, a parable -- not a global forecast, and used it for a theology that is not the main point of the parable.

Consider these verses:
John 12:32: “And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

Jesus sounds pretty convinced in his ability to do this.

Romans 5:18: “Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.”

Jesus' sacrifice pays the price, just as the animal sacrifice of the Hebrews paid the price, even if they didn't quite understand it.

Col 1:19-20 “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.”

All are reconciled. I guess that every knee will bow and and every tongue confess. This is not "greasy grace," but sharing God's love for his creation and believing in His power to do what He says He will do.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not tuning out the verses. I'm tuning out your insults. Have a day...

Again, I would be more than happy to apologize. But you have got to prove to me that you actually did read the chapter by giving me answers to my points in Scripture (Thereby proving that my judgment was wrong). These would be explanations on the points in Scripture that you would have already believed for a long time by now. This cannot be newly invented explanations that you just received by doing a Google search (From the OSAS perspective).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some of us believe in the efficacy of Jesus' sacrifice and don't need to crucify him again and again. You have quoted Matthew 7, a parable -- not a global forecast, and used it for a theology that is not the main point of the parable.

I do not get how Jesus telling certain believers to depart from Him as being a parable. Even many OSAS Proponents do not believe that part is a parable. Yes, Jesus used other parables in Matthew 7. Jesus later uses a parable to illustrate His point about how believers cannot do iniquity or sin (i.e. not obey him and be right with God) by talking about a foolish man building his house on the sand. But Jesus telling false believers who worked lawlessness is not a parable. If it is a parable what is the meaning according to the context?

PastorFrued said:
Consider these verses:
John 12:32: “And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

Being drawn by Christ and staying in Christ are two different things.

PastorFrued said:
Romans 5:18: “Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.”

Jesus' sacrifice pays the price, just as the animal sacrifice of the Hebrews paid the price, even if they didn't quite understand it.

Col 1:19-20 “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.”

All are reconciled. I guess that every knee will bow and and every tongue confess. This is not "greasy grace," but sharing God's love for his creation and believing in His power to do what He says He will do

So you believe in Universalism?

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
But you have got to prove to me that you actually did read the chapter by giving me answers to my points in Scripture.
I will not and I do not have to prove anything to you. All you are doing here with that kind of demand is proving yourself to be the same type of person that the OP is talking about. Have a day.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will not and I do not have to prove anything to you. All you are doing here with that kind of demand is proving yourself to be the same type of person that the OP is talking about. Have a day.......

Like I said, I would be willing to apologize if you have beliefs that were long established on the points in Matthew 7 that I brought up. For example: It is not an insult for me to say to someone in who I suspect in being a drunk driver that they are endangering lives by their drinking and driving. On those rare occasions, if the usual tells say that I am wrong, I will deeply apologize to that person. But if they come stumbling out of the car with booze on their breath with bottles falling out, chances are they have been drinking and driving. Your saying that Matthew 7 is speaking to holier than thou types is nowhere to mentioned in Matthew 7 and goes against the many points in Matthew 7 that teach the exact opposite of that. If you are willing to give me your pre-established beliefs this will go a long way as to convince me that what I said to you is wrong (of which I will deeply apologize). But your unwillingness to explain the points I made in Scripture only helps to solidify your guilt from my perspective.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what Christianity sounds like to me:

"I know what the bible means!" "You are a false teacher!" "Holy holy holy like me!" "Sinner!" "Jesus will kill you!" "That's not Jesus!" "I know what He means when He says that!" "Heresy!" "You are a cult!" "I am the perfection!" "God said it!" "He did not mean it that way!" "You reject the bible!" "You will perish in flame!" "Trust me I know!" "You know nothing!" "Cult!" "That is not the right way!" "Heresy!" "What I say is obviously the bible!" "Sinners will burn!" "Love God!" "Fear Him!" "Hope!" "Vanity!" "My church is truth!" "False!" "You don't know Christ!" "False teacher!" "I am right you are wrong!" "The bible says it!" "It doesn't mean that!" "I am certainty!" "Cult!" "God will save!" "Not without help!" "Heretic!" "Blasphemer!" "Seven swords shall cut you sevenfold!" "Praise Him!" "That is not praise!" "Blasphemy!" "Jesus used the KJV!" "Cult!" "You will burn!" "Believe what I say or Jesus will flay you!" "Jesus is love!" "Love is hate!" "Blasphemy!" "Fear is love!" "Cult!" "We are the light!" "You are darkness!" "Unbelievers have no reason to be confused!" "Heresy!" "What?" "He who questions me questions God!" "Cult!" "You dare challenge me?!" "Hellfire!" "It is simple!" "Heretic!"

Which makes me sometimes I feel like this:

Anyone else?
It has always been this way, but, if someone loves God and wants to know His ways that one will never give up seeking out His ways in the Scriptures. God will not be thwarted and it is He who inspires us to seek Him...He "calls us" is another way to put this as found in Romans 8:30 for He predestines us. The search for Jesus is much as wondering through the desert with the Children of Israel...if you earnestly seek Him you shall find Him...
Jeremiah 29:11-13:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is what Christianity sounds like to me:

"I know what the bible means!" "You are a false teacher!" "Holy holy holy like me!" "Sinner!" "Jesus will kill you!" "That's not Jesus!" "I know what He means when He says that!" "Heresy!" "You are a cult!" "I am the perfection!" "God said it!" "He did not mean it that way!" "You reject the bible!" "You will perish in flame!" "Trust me I know!" "You know nothing!" "Cult!" "That is not the right way!" "Heresy!" "What I say is obviously the bible!" "Sinners will burn!" "Love God!" "Fear Him!" "Hope!" "Vanity!" "My church is truth!" "False!" "You don't know Christ!" "False teacher!" "I am right you are wrong!" "The bible says it!" "It doesn't mean that!" "I am certainty!" "Cult!" "God will save!" "Not without help!" "Heretic!" "Blasphemer!" "Seven swords shall cut you sevenfold!" "Praise Him!" "That is not praise!" "Blasphemy!" "Jesus used the KJV!" "Cult!" "You will burn!" "Believe what I say or Jesus will flay you!" "Jesus is love!" "Love is hate!" "Blasphemy!" "Fear is love!" "Cult!" "We are the light!" "You are darkness!" "Unbelievers have no reason to be confused!" "Heresy!" "What?" "He who questions me questions God!" "Cult!" "You dare challenge me?!" "Hellfire!" "It is simple!" "Heretic!"

Which makes me sometimes I feel like this:

Anyone else?
Breath deeply, in and out. lol

Repeat.

No seriously, I think we have to temper teaching with just as much spirituality.

Your list reads like a who and what if we never spoke to God, prayed, worshipped Him or edified others. Really we are to help our brothers and sisters set themselves back right with God if they wonder away or loose their own focus or faith.

We probably write much more about scripture because it is easier to talk about, but Love God, Love others and let the rest roll off your back. Don't put that much pressure on yourself or anyone else. God teaches us. We do not go from K-12 in 5 years or get a Master's degree.

People just are not patient enough to wait on God, they would rather steer their Titanic into a few iceburgs along the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is not wrong to fight using the Sword of the Spirit (Scripture). Even Jesus fought the devil with Scripture and He won. For we are in a spiritual warfare; And the weapons of our warfare are not carnal.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, you do teach false teachings (universalism, your off concept of marriage, etc.). You're not alone in that though, there are all kinds of Christians who do. And there's no actual condemnation with me saying so, because Christ didn't come to condemn. I'm just saying it how it is.

But if you sat by quietly and said "yeah, I have beliefs that a lot of people won't believe in - they stray from what is common beliefs in Christianity" then you wouldn't see the things you see.
Instead, you debate people who know the truth, and you come in and try to teach us and you try to teach others your ideas.

We, for the gospel's sake, try to show you that you're wrong. It's partly a rebuke but also partly a "I don't know if he's a true brother or not, so I'll attempt to show him the truth". Not all of us have wisdom to be able to discern who is a true brother and who isn't, so when we see out-there beliefs attached to a person who says they are a brother, and we see a different gospel then the one Christ and the apostles taught, we try to warn you.

Some of us do know what the bible means, we do know what salvation is and how to obtain it, we do know answers to some of the questions, and we have a common ground in what scripture teaches. Unity.

It looks like from your OP you're mixing two groups of people. The ones, like myself, won't preach to you in hate but we also fit the bill of a lot of things you wrote in there, and then the others who preach a message of hate and do it out of hateful reasons.
Just because I challenge your beliefs and show you the truth doesn't mean you can categorize me in with the other people, the people who hate.

If the Original Poster teaches Universalism, it is not wrong to condemn such a wrong doctrine (Because it conflicts with the gospel taught in the Bible). Also, he doesn't believe fornication and witchcraft among other sins is wrong either. These are serious problems.

However, people who are wrong do not want to hear that they are wrong, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think everyone posting at CF should suggest that CF go "off the air" (wow...that dates me!) for 30 days. That will give us time to do some Bible study, pray, and fast.

All in write 'AYE'
AYE.

Or at a minimum, close down for 30 days Politics and Controversial theology.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0