Does God Feel Like Me?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, you do teach false teachings (universalism, your off concept of marriage, etc.). You're not alone in that though, there are all kinds of Christians who do. And there's no actual condemnation with me saying so, because Christ didn't come to condemn. I'm just saying it how it is.

But if you sat by quietly and said "yeah, I have beliefs that a lot of people won't believe in - they stray from what is common beliefs in Christianity" then you wouldn't see the things you see.
Instead, you debate people who know the truth, and you come in and try to teach us and you try to teach others your ideas.

We, for the gospel's sake, try to show you that you're wrong. It's partly a rebuke but also partly a "I don't know if he's a true brother or not, so I'll attempt to show him the truth". Not all of us have wisdom to be able to discern who is a true brother and who isn't, so when we see out-there beliefs attached to a person who says they are a brother, and we see a different gospel then the one Christ and the apostles taught, we try to warn you.

Some of us do know what the bible means, we do know what salvation is and how to obtain it, we do know answers to some of the questions, and we have a common ground in what scripture teaches. Unity.

It looks like from your OP you're mixing two groups of people. The ones, like myself, won't preach to you in hate but we also fit the bill of a lot of things you wrote in there, and then the others who preach a message of hate and do it out of hateful reasons.
Just because I challenge your beliefs and show you the truth doesn't mean you can categorize me in with the other people, the people who hate.

I also wouldn't say I preach to people out of hate or for hateful reasons (Although some may take it that way). Getting people into a right relationship with Christ is always the goal. For example: It is actually loving to tell someone who is an alcoholic that they have a drinking problem. If they hear your message as a pleading for their life (instead of taking it as an insult) you would essentially be helping to save their lives and the lives of those around him. Yes, we must speak with grace seasoned with salt. We must be careful not speak idle words in hatred. For we are called to love and do good even towards our enemies. But sometimes we are called to judge that which we know is wrong because we are defending the goodness of our Lord. There are times we must make a stand for what God's Word says. People may be offended by that, but What they are really offended of is Christ and it is not you (As Jesus said). For Jesus's words can be offensive to people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is what Christianity sounds like to me:

"I know what the bible means!" "You are a false teacher!" "Holy holy holy like me!" "Sinner!" "Jesus will kill you!" "That's not Jesus!" "I know what He means when He says that!" "Heresy!" "You are a cult!" "I am the perfection!" "God said it!" "He did not mean it that way!" "You reject the bible!" "You will perish in flame!" "Trust me I know!" "You know nothing!" "Cult!" "That is not the right way!" "Heresy!" "What I say is obviously the bible!" "Sinners will burn!" "Love God!" "Fear Him!" "Hope!" "Vanity!" "My church is truth!" "False!" "You don't know Christ!" "False teacher!" "I am right you are wrong!" "The bible says it!" "It doesn't mean that!" "I am certainty!" "Cult!" "God will save!" "Not without help!" "Heretic!" "Blasphemer!" "Seven swords shall cut you sevenfold!" "Praise Him!" "That is not praise!" "Blasphemy!" "Jesus used the KJV!" "Cult!" "You will burn!" "Believe what I say or Jesus will flay you!" "Jesus is love!" "Love is hate!" "Blasphemy!" "Fear is love!" "Cult!" "We are the light!" "You are darkness!" "Unbelievers have no reason to be confused!" "Heresy!" "What?" "He who questions me questions God!" "Cult!" "You dare challenge me?!" "Hellfire!" "It is simple!" "Heretic!"

Which makes me sometimes I feel like this:

Anyone else?
You're referring to "Christians" though not Christianity itself.

Upvote 0

ExodusMe

Rough around the edges
Jan 30, 2017
Washington State
✟34,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"I know what the bible means!" "You are a false teacher!" "Holy holy holy like me!" "Sinner!" "Jesus will kill you!" "That's not Jesus!" "I know what He means when He says that!" "Heresy!" "You are a cult!" "I am the perfection!" "God said it!" "He did not mean it that way!" "You reject the bible!" "You will perish in flame!" "Trust me I know!" "You know nothing!" "Cult!" "That is not the right way!" "Heresy!" "What I say is obviously the bible!" "Sinners will burn!" "Love God!" "Fear Him!" "Hope!" "Vanity!" "My church is truth!" "False!" "You don't know Christ!" "False teacher!" "I am right you are wrong!" "The bible says it!" "It doesn't mean that!" "I am certainty!" "Cult!" "God will save!" "Not without help!" "Heretic!" "Blasphemer!" "Seven swords shall cut you sevenfold!" "Praise Him!" "That is not praise!" "Blasphemy!" "Jesus used the KJV!" "Cult!" "You will burn!" "Believe what I say or Jesus will flay you!" "Jesus is love!" "Love is hate!" "Blasphemy!" "Fear is love!" "Cult!" "We are the light!" "You are darkness!" "Unbelievers have no reason to be confused!" "Heresy!" "What?" "He who questions me questions God!" "Cult!" "You dare challenge me?!" "Hellfire!" "It is simple!" "Heretic!"

Anyone else?
It is the nature of community. I don't think this should cause us to despair. It is like any brother/sister relationship. Loving is not easy.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is the nature of community. I don't think this should cause us to despair. It is like any brother/sister relationship. Loving is not easy.
Yup. And there is a reason one of the fruit of the Holy Spirit is long suffering. Because it is against our own will and is a labor of love and obedience.

Great point.

• Agree
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
For example: It is actually loving to tell someone who is an alcoholic that they have a drinking problem.

Not really. It's something they already know and it only adds to their shame. It's not edifying. And neither are you when you label and condemn rather than hearing people's reasons and responding to them with grace. You may feel more righteous by responding brashly, so there's that, I guess.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
I have input, but there's no reason to put it here. This thread will be shut down and removed just like all the good ones. Really no point in posting anymore......
Sadly, you are correct. The good ones are where we look at and wrestle with the texts and the theology and practice. We scrutinize -- sometimes being unswayed, but sometimes realizing there are multiple points of view, some of which might be closer to the truth. And sometimes we just get better at defending our understandings. And then the thread gets shut down because someone comes in and starts yelling "false teaching! Heresy! blah, blah, blah!"

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really. It's something they already know and it only adds to their shame. It's not edifying. And neither are you when you label and condemn rather than hearing people's reasons and responding to them with grace. You may feel more righteous by responding brashly, so there's that, I guess.

I disagree. People can receive a wake up call by another person's words. Believe it or not there are people who have been talked out of their addictions. But the person who ultimately changes lives for the better is Jesus Christ. Also, it is the fear of the Lord that men depart from evil. While I do use kindness and love in my words most times, a slight cold splash of water about a person's wrong belief or wrong doing can wake them up to their own distorted path.

Oh and no. I don't feel more righteous by using words with them that are hard for them to hear sometimes. That would be a false judgement on your part. I actually believe God does the good within me. Do I make mistakes sometimes? Sure I do. But God deserves all the glory both in Justification and in Sanctification.

Also, I did apologize to a certain poster if they felt offended by my words. It was not my intention to be hurtful. I was merely being honest in how I felt. In addition, I was willing to hear a certain poster's reasons for why they held to the belief they did but they refused to explain. In my opinion, anyone who is concerned about truth should be willing to explain themselves so that even others can hear. Their silence only helps to prove that I am right. For there is no argument against the points I made in Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
believe in the seven churches as described in Revelation 2-3...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

There are many congregations in Christianity. Most of which do not do the things described. Congregations such as Westboro Baptist are very small, but get much publicity because they do the things described in the OP. The media is responsible for this.

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Which makes me sometimes I feel like this

Anyone else?
Maybe we may want to pay more attention to the New Testament to TRULY know what Christianity and Jesus really sounds like, instead of listening to everyone else toot their own horn? No idea of course what is behind your post.
If we are going to toot horns - then let our horns be the Gospel of Jesus and let the tooting be in surround sound stereo. We're are the recipients of great love and grace and the true sound of grace entering our lives should be greatfulness that we should all be able to embrace.

I'm trusting in Christ no matter what people tell me. It's always a good policy not to be discouraged by what people have to say but get in your prayer closet, Bible in hand, and just ask for that peace from the Lord that surpasses all our understanding; for not
everyone who names Christ is His. - some parable of tares and wheat and the judgment comes to mind.
Matthew 13:24-30 Mathew 7:20-26
Best to let God in His wisdom straighten out who are His and who are not. I just want to see as many as possible enter into the heart of Christ, even if they are my enemies today or tomorrow. I could never do that without Jesus' peace.

In Christ, Pat

• Winner
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. People can receive a wake up call by another person's words. Believe it or not there are people who have been talked out of their addictions. But the person who ultimately changes lives for the better is Jesus Christ. Also, it is the fear of the Lord that men depart from evil. While I do use kindness and love in my words most times, a slight cold splash of water about a person's wrong belief or wrong doing can wake them up to their own distorted path.

Oh and no. I don't feel more righteous by using words with them that are hard for them to hear sometimes. That would be a false judgement on your part. I actually believe God does the good within me. Do I make mistakes sometimes? Sure I do. But God deserves all the glory both in Justification and in Sanctification.

Also, I did apologize to a certain poster if they felt offended by my words. It was not my intention to be hurtful. I was merely being honest in how I felt. In addition, I was willing to hear a certain poster's reasons for why they held to the belief they did but they refused to explain. In my opinion, anyone who is concerned about truth should be willing to explain themselves so that even others can hear. Their silence only helps to prove that I am right. For there is no argument against the points I made in Scripture.

I feel like actions are the way to go. We can try and reason with eachother until we are blue in the face, but to live it boyyyy, that's a whole nuther thing. instead of just talk the talk, walk the walk as the cleche goes. That is where people see and desire to change when they see you walking in Christ and they want some of that life too :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bigmike424

Jan 24, 2017
Canton, OH
✟17,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Anyone else?
Religion is bondage. Jesus Christ is freedom. Amen.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have input, but there's no reason to put it here. This thread will be shut down and removed just like all the good ones. Really no point in posting anymore......

During the first two years of my Christian life after accepting Jesus as Saviour, all my new Christian friends treated me as a problem case. I felt really put down by them. I felt that they were all better than me, and that as a Christian I was a bit of loser and probably not amount to anything.

Then I went out into the middle of a park at 11pm on a cool autumn night, away from those people and their church, and reached out to God personally. He revealed Himself to me and assured me that He did not see me that way. He told me that if He didn't like me, He would change me. That gave me quite a different perspective on God and the church. I discovered that the Church is not God and that Jesus is a separate entity to the Church and that if the people in my church couldn't accept me as I was then, God did accept me as a true believer and that He was well able to change me into the believer that I wanted to be.

My whole understanding of the Bible changed and I saw the truth of the New Testament in a new light. I then knew that my friends were wrong about me because they saw me just from the outward appearance but did not see my heart. Only God could see that.

It didn't stop people putting me down though, and over the 50 years I have been involved in different churches, I have had all sorts of stuff levelled against me. It was only when I discovered my standing with God, that I could stand with Him without any guilt, shame or inferiority, that I could not only cope with the accusations, but I could agree with them! I did not have to defend myself, because God promised to be my shield.

I had the experience of a manager at work tell me to consult with the psychiatrist because I was a Christian, and three weeks later he collapsed and died of a heart attack. Another guy at a workplace where I was ridiculed an old believer who told him that a day of judgment was coming. That guy committed suicide soon after. So there is a danger attached to accusing and putting down believers who are trusting in Christ.

Relatively recently, an elder in my church criticised me after a morning service. On my way home I asked the Lord whether the criticism came from Him. He said "No!" and so I went on my way rejoicing. That elder contracted a respiratory condition and died a year later. When someone has a critical spirit against fellow believers, they put themselves in danger of being removed by God.

In a workplace not long before I retired, there was a team leader and another team member who told two of us who were Christians not to bring our Christianity to work. Soon after, the team leader left the workplace, and ended up in Australia, never to be seen again. The team member was accused of bullying and left under a cloud, and then danced drunk on tables at a police function and fired from her next job. She left the country never to be seen again.

An older lady in my church said to others that the then session clerk and I was not pulpit material and refused to attend services when we were preaching. She was gone shortly afterwards to a retirement home on the other side of the city.

These are examples of people with critical and judgmental spirits being removed from having any influence over me or any fellow Christ-trusting believers.

These show that no matter what people in the church say about you, Christ does not say these things, and you can trust Him that He sees you as a true believer and will work through the Holy Spirit to enhance your experience with God and lead you to a fellowship of believers who will love and accept you as you are,

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Anyone else?

A lot of these saying come from religious lying demons whose purpose is to derail the faith of good believers. If someone makes a statement like that to you, Mark 16 says that these signs will follow those who believe: they will cast out demons and when they lay hands on the sick they will recover. This give you the Scriptural right to deal with those religious, lying demons and eject them with a loud voice. You have the authority of Christ to do so. That will shock them! You might get kicked out of the church, but you can go on your way rejoicing, because you will be fulfilling what Jesus said when He said, "They will throw you out of the synagogues."

Even though a girl followed Paul around saying, "These are men of God who will show you the way of salvation", Paul recognised the demon and cast it out. So even if religious people seem to be saying what seems to be true, you can recognise the spirit behind what is being said and deal with it accordingly.

The churches are influenced more by religious, lying spirits than what most church goers realise. If more good believers had the faith and courage to stand up to these spirits and cast them out, the churches would be better places to worship and fellowship.

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant

I'm glad you apologized to "a certain poster." I still believe you are wrong, and I do have evidence including my own experience as a counselor, that addicts don not typically have a positive response to "in your face" type responses. Typically, addicts need to sort out a number of variables as all addictions are not the same, and find the mechanisms that trigger their behavior. Sometimes radical change is needed, sometimes simpler changes, sometimes healing of the past, sometimes a renewed focus on the future. Almost always someone who can listen and help them process their thoughts, asking wise questions. Never, ever, heard a case where confrontation worked -- except in church when playing "beat that testimony" -- and subsequent events showed that they really hadn't changed. Anyway, all that is off point. The point was that when people are deceived or deluded, they don't necessarily know that they are deceived, and they will not respond well to being called liars and deceivers. Or sanctimonious jerks. That's my experience, anyway. I think there is some support for this position.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like actions are the way to go. We can try and reason with eachother until we are blue in the face, but to live it boyyyy, that's a whole nuther thing. instead of just talk the talk, walk the walk as the cleche goes. That is where people see and desire to change when they see you walking in Christ and they want some of that life too

Preaching the Word is also an action and a command as a part of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:2). Not preaching the Word is just as equally bad because Jesus said, "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in hisFather's, and of the holy angels." (Luke 9:26). Yet, you are right. Walking uprightly in God's righteousness is also important. In fact, it is a thing that is very rarely stressed today by believers because they may think you are teaching Works Salvationism. When in reality, a believer is just merely allowing Christ to do the good work through out their life. For the Scriptures say we are, "Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God (Philippians 1:11). For Christ gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:14). Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord. For Jesus says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21). What is the will of the Father or the will of God? Scripture says, "God's will is for you to be holy" (1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT). Titus 1:16 says we can deny God by our lack of works. For it says, "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate" (Titus 1:16).

Today, many are too easily offended by what God's Word says plainly, so they seek to change God's Word into something that is more comfortable for them to hear.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
During the first two years of my Christian life after accepting Jesus as Saviour, all my new Christian friends treated me as a problem case. I felt really put down by them. I felt that they were all better than me, and that as a Christian I was a bit of loser and probably not amount to anything.

Then I went out into the middle of a park at 11pm on a cool autumn night, away from those people and their church, and reached out to God personally. He revealed Himself to me and assured me that He did not see me that way. He told me that if He didn't like me, He would change me. That gave me quite a different perspective on God and the church. I discovered that the Church is not God and that Jesus is a separate entity to the Church and that if the people in my church couldn't accept me as I was then, God did accept me as a true believer and that He was well able to change me into the believer that I wanted to be.

My whole understanding of the Bible changed and I saw the truth of the New Testament in a new light. I then knew that my friends were wrong about me because they saw me just from the outward appearance but did not see my heart. Only God could see that.

It didn't stop people putting me down though, and over the 50 years I have been involved in different churches, I have had all sorts of stuff levelled against me. It was only when I discovered my standing with God, that I could stand with Him without any guilt, shame or inferiority, that I could not only cope with the accusations, but I could agree with them! I did not have to defend myself, because God promised to be my shield.

I had the experience of a manager at work tell me to consult with the psychiatrist because I was a Christian, and three weeks later he collapsed and died of a heart attack. Another guy at a workplace where I was ridiculed an old believer who told him that a day of judgment was coming. That guy committed suicide soon after. So there is a danger attached to accusing and putting down believers who are trusting in Christ.

Relatively recently, an elder in my church criticised me after a morning service. On my way home I asked the Lord whether the criticism came from Him. He said "No!" and so I went on my way rejoicing. That elder contracted a respiratory condition and died a year later. When someone has a critical spirit against fellow believers, they put themselves in danger of being removed by God.

In a workplace not long before I retired, there was a team leader and another team member who told two of us who were Christians not to bring our Christianity to work. Soon after, the team leader left the workplace, and ended up in Australia, never to be seen again. The team member was accused of bullying and left under a cloud, and then danced drunk on tables at a police function and fired from her next job. She left the country never to be seen again.

An older lady in my church said to others that the then session clerk and I was not pulpit material and refused to attend services when we were preaching. She was gone shortly afterwards to a retirement home on the other side of the city.

These are examples of people with critical and judgmental spirits being removed from having any influence over me or any fellow Christ-trusting believers.

These show that no matter what people in the church say about you, Christ does not say these things, and you can trust Him that He sees you as a true believer and will work through the Holy Spirit to enhance your experience with God and lead you to a fellowship of believers who will love and accept you as you are,
Great testimony.

That is one of the reason's I hate when people ask questions of each other and have never asked God, read what the BIble says about it or prayed about it. What we have is Truth, the Truth and why man kind and Christians want to not go to the source and walk in truth or as close to complete truth as they can get is beyond me.

God tells us "Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened". God is not telling us to knock on someone else's door, but to knock on His door and find the truth.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you apologized to "a certain poster." I still believe you are wrong, and I do have evidence including my own experience as a counselor, that addicts don not typically have a positive response to "in your face" type responses. Typically, addicts need to sort out a number of variables as all addictions are not the same, and find the mechanisms that trigger their behavior. Sometimes radical change is needed, sometimes simpler changes, sometimes healing of the past, sometimes a renewed focus on the future. Almost always someone who can listen and help them process their thoughts, asking wise questions. Never, ever, heard a case where confrontation worked -- except in church when playing "beat that testimony" -- and subsequent events showed that they really hadn't changed. Anyway, all that is off point. The point was that when people are deceived or deluded, they don't necessarily know that they are deceived, and they will not respond well to being called liars and deceivers. Or sanctimonious jerks. That's my experience, anyway. I think there is some support for this position.
The number of Christians that will tear each other down is the rule, not the exception.

They can add themselves to the pile of those who give advice, but do not help to carry another's load.

Now when they walk WITH someone, now that is doing God's Work. Helping them carry the burden, like Christ helps us carry our heavy yoke.

Proof GOd wants us to help carry our brother or sister's load.

Luke 11:46

But He said, "Woe to you lawyers as well! For you weigh men down with burdens hard to bear, while you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers.

Psalm 38:4
For my iniquities are gone over my head; As a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.

Galatians 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

Matthew 11:30

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

A bunch of words are a dime a dozen.

Christianity is full of talkers, but talking rarely helps anyone.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PastorFreud
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you apologized to "a certain poster." I still believe you are wrong, and I do have evidence including my own experience as a counselor, that addicts don not typically have a positive response to "in your face" type responses.Almost always someone who can listen and help them process their thoughts, asking wise questions. Never, ever, heard a case where confrontation worked -- except in church when playing "beat that testimony" -- and subsequent events showed that they really hadn't changed. Anyway, all that is off point.

I also believe you are wrong. I do not believe psychology is compatible with Christianity. It is trying to mix the thoughts of men with the Word of God (Which never works out).

As for in "your face responses": You are going off your psychology experience and you are not going off the experience of God using His people to convict people of their sin. There is a difference. Paul confronted Peter to his face about his wrong doing. So if Paul can do it, then so can we.

PastorFreud said:
Typically, addicts need to sort out a number of variables as all addictions are not the same, and find the mechanisms that trigger their behavior. Sometimes radical change is needed, sometimes simpler changes, sometimes healing of the past, sometimes a renewed focus on the future.

All of which are unbiblical methods. All a person needs to overcome addiction is Jesus Christ.

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14).

PastorFreud said:
The point was that when people are deceived or deluded, they don't necessarily know that they are deceived, and they will not respond well to being called liars and deceivers. Or sanctimonious jerks. That's my experience, anyway. I think there is some support for this position.

Nowhere did I call somebody a liar, a deceiver, a sanctimonious jerk, etc. I merely said that another poster the following words,

"....obviously you have not read the chapter with any retention of what it said then." ~ Jason0047.​

This may sound like an insult, but it was not. It was merely constructive criticism (Whereby I offered points in the chapter to show them what it actually says). It is like a teacher in a class room who asks one of their students what chapter 5 says. When the student says the chapter is talking about cows when in reality it is talking about chickens, the teacher has a right to correct the student and say to them that they did not read the chapter. The teacher can prove this by going over the chapter with them (if they feel they may be in disagreement). The thing was is that I asked this poster to explain to me what they thought the points in Scripture I brought up said (that refuted their false claim on what they thought the chapter said). They refused to do so (Which made them look guilty in the fact that they did in fact did not read and retain what the chapter actually said). I also told them that they could not Google what the chapter means from the OSAS point of view. They would have had to have already known about what the chapter says from the OSAS point of view if they are claiming to know what the chapter already says. If the roles were reversed and I was not familar with Matthew 7, I would just admit that I was not familar with this chapter instead of trying to act like I knew it (When I didn't). Anyways, the poster took what I said as an insult, when in reality I was speaking a truth to them that did not like to hear. If this poster answers my points in Scripture from the OSAS point of view and is willing to put their hand on the Bible and testify that they have always believed this way on Matthew 7, then I would be happy to apologize. But I do not think that is going to happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A lot of these saying come from religious lying demons whose purpose is to derail the faith of good believers. If someone makes a statement like that to you, Mark 16 says that these signs will follow those who believe: they will cast out demons and when they lay hands on the sick they will recover. This give you the Scriptural right to deal with those religious, lying demons and eject them with a loud voice. You have the authority of Christ to do so. That will shock them! You might get kicked out of the church, but you can go on your way rejoicing, because you will be fulfilling what Jesus said when He said, "They will throw you out of the synagogues."

Even though a girl followed Paul around saying, "These are men of God who will show you the way of salvation", Paul recognised the demon and cast it out. So even if religious people seem to be saying what seems to be true, you can recognise the spirit behind what is being said and deal with it accordingly.

The churches are influenced more by religious, lying spirits than what most church goers realise. If more good believers had the faith and courage to stand up to these spirits and cast them out, the churches would be better places to worship and fellowship.

But Mr. Hyperspace feels that drug use, witchcraft, fornication, and prostitution may not necessarily be breaking God's Commands. However, this is wrong way of thinking, though. For the Scriptures are clearly against these kinds of sins.

Here is his thread on his reasonings behind that:
Do These Acts Break Commandments?

Upvote 0