Does God Feel Like Me?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My initial point was to say that not every Christian is going to agree on what Salvation is actually. Some believe in Eternal Security. Some believe in Conditional Salvation (like me). Some believe in Man Directed Works Salvationism. Some believe in God Directed Works Salvationism (like me). Some believe Jesus saves only in Justification and Glorification. Some believe Jesus saves in Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification (like me). Some believe you have to be baptized to be saved. Some believe you do not have to be baptized to be saved (like me). Some believe you have to keep the Saturday Sabbath to be saved. Others believe you don't have to keep any particular Sabbath day to be saved (like me). Disagreements are to be expected because not every self professing Christian believes the same. So we have to expect disagreement and not act frustrated and childish trying to tell everyone to, "shut up." God will ultimately silence all men's foolishness at the Judgment. We have to be patient and wait upon the Lord for that time.

Disagreements are bound to happen because we do not all agree on what the Bible says (even though most of us here claim to be Christian). We have to be at peace with God in the fact that we cannot change people. Only God can change a person's heart (if they allow it). We just plant the seeds and God gives the increase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Breath deeply, in and out. lol

Repeat.

No seriously, I think we have to temper teaching with just as much spirituality.

Your list reads like a who and what if we never spoke to God, prayed, worshipped Him or edified others. Really we are to help our brothers and sisters set themselves back right with God if they wonder away or loose their own focus or faith.

We probably write much more about scripture because it is easier to talk about, but Love God, Love others and let the rest roll off your back. Don't put that much pressure on yourself or anyone else. God teaches us. We do not go from K-12 in 5 years or get a Master's degree.

People just are not patient enough to wait on God, they would rather steer their Titanic into a few iceburgs along the way.
I completely agree with most of your statements. We do have warnings against engaging in stupid and foolish arguments...have nothing to do with them says Scripture...II Timothy 2:23. And we are not to entertain a divisive person. (Titus 3:10)
Rather, in our teaching we must be patient and loving...II Timothy 2:23-26.
I Corinthians 13 declares we have nothing if we have not love.
Love must be sincere...Romans 12:9
It does strike me that a sincere love certainly will act out of love...in caring, in words, in deeds and in teaching.
Rebuking is also an act of love and must not be overlooked... Ezekiel 3:16-21
(sounds as though that pertains to brothers in faith)
It is the Word (with the Holy Spirit behind that Word) which brings people to faith and so lots of the Word is good if one uses it wisely and properly and out of love and concern for one's neighbor.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anyways, to answer the initial question of the Title of the Thread:

"Does God feel like me?"​

I would have to say... "no."

Why? Well, we are told in Scripture to: "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4:2). Preaching the Word of God to people is going to be offensive to even self proclaiming Christians (believe it or not) and it will naturally cause disagreement and debate. Should I be careful in how I preach God's Word and be more loving with my words? Yes. I will strive to be more loving in my words in quoting Scripture. However, that does not mean I have not been loving with my words in using Scripture in the past many times before. From my perspective, I sometimes feel that certain people are trying to justify a wrong way of living are trying to hurt the goodness of God (i.e. By saying they can sin and still be saved). In other words, when certain believers attack what I believe to be the goodness of God (i.e. The Sanctification process as taught in Scripture), I feel they are attacking my Lord because Jesus gave Himself for us so as to cleanse us from sin (See Titus 2:14, and Ephesians 5:25-27). We are told in God's Word to contend for the faith. For it is written, "ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 1:3). This is going to cause debate and disagreement. For we are in a spiritual war.

Even those who God knows are in error and are preaching falsely can be corrected by God's people with His Word. God wants His people to use His Word to reach these people who are holding onto false beliefs or doctrines. Disagreement can and will happen as a result of this. It is a part of the spiritual battle God calls us to fight. Why? Well, God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. God loves us so much that He is holding out as long as He can for people to turn away from their own darkness. God uses His armoured soldiers to fight the good fight so as to give glory to Jesus Christ and the love that comes from Him.

But to say, "Shut up." to the debate is to put an end to God's people who are commanded to preach the Word (Which can be offensive to some). Yes, some people do not speak for God, but that does not mean the whole spiritual battle of contending for the faith with God's real people should end. Disagreement and debate is going to take place as a result of believers contending for the faith.

I hope this helps.
And may God's love shine upon you and to all who are here (in the name of Christ). May His Spirit give you more understanding of His Word in all peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Preaching the Word is also an action and a command as a part of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:2). Not preaching the Word is just as equally bad because Jesus said, "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in hisFather's, and of the holy angels." (Luke 9:26). Yet, you are right. Walking uprightly in God's righteousness is also important. In fact, it is a thing that is very rarely stressed today by believers because they may think you are teaching Works Salvationism. When in reality, a believer is just merely allowing Christ to do the good work through out their life. For the Scriptures say we are, "Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God (Philippians 1:11). For Christ gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works (Titus 2:14). Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord. For Jesus says, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21). What is the will of the Father or the will of God? Scripture says, "God's will is for you to be holy" (1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT). Titus 1:16 says we can deny God by our lack of works. For it says, "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate" (Titus 1:16).

Today, many are too easily offended by what God's Word says plainly, so they seek to change God's Word into something that is more comfortable for them to hear.

I completely agree with you, when I wanted to not be Luke warm any longer it caused much strife in many of my relationships. He brings a sword which is His word and it is such a difficult thing to rightly devide the word, live it and teach it in this upside down world of confusion that does not value the Word of God. We are called to be loving but it is so hard when we speak truth from scripture and someone you loves attacks you and tells you that you have fallen from grace. Then runs and calls you a Pharisee or kicks you out of the church. Then we are still called to love them, oh how difficult is that to do in this flesh. Keep up the good fight brother :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I completely agree with you, when I wanted to not be Luke warm any longer it caused much strife in many of my relationships. He brings a sword which is His word and it is such a difficult thing to rightly devide the word, live it and teach it in this upside down world of confusion that does not value the Word of God. We are called to be loving but it is so hard when we speak truth from scripture and someone you loves attacks you and tells you that you have fallen from grace. Then runs and calls you a Pharisee or kicks you out of the church. Then we are still called to love them, oh how difficult is that to do in this flesh. Keep up the good fight brother

Thank you. I think the popular version of church today is not the one that existed in early days with Peter, Paul, James, and John. I believe the saints fellowshiped in their own homes in small groups every week over the Lord's supper and so as to worship the Lord together. There were no invited unbelievers among themselves in worship. I believed when they evangelized (it was a separate event) whereby the saints went out generally two by two to people's houses to preach the gospel.

Side Note:

Also, I feel for you that you had to go thru what you did. But I believe painful things like this happen to us as a learning lessons to draw us closer to God and His Word and to seek out true fellowship (Thereby appreciating it more). So stay strong and be of good courage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John....no Yeshua/Jesus does not feel like this ..ever. This WORLD hated Him.. this world did sins that are so evil so wicked we cant even speak of..yet Jesus LOVED THEM! Forgave them. He NEVER says.."shut up". He does not JUDGE...nor CONDEMN..in anyway. Always forgiving. Always showing mercy grace. For as it is written His ways are not ours.. nor HIs thoughts ours. He is not a man nor thinks like one.

So.. the question John.. is ...are we LIKE HIM?

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John....no Yeshua/Jesus does not feel like this ..ever. This WORLD hated Him.. this world did sins that are so evil so wicked we cant even speak of..yet Jesus LOVED THEM! Forgave them. He NEVER says.."shut up". He does not JUDGE...nor CONDEMN..in anyway. Always forgiving. Always showing mercy grace. For as it is written His ways are not ours.. nor HIs thoughts ours. He is not a man nor thinks like one.

So.. the question John.. is ...are we LIKE HIM?
He did judge the religious leaders calling them hypocrites because they preached God's Word yet did not walk accordingly. Matthew 6, 24, Luke 11, 12 He also judged the money changers at the temple when they were turning the house of prayer into a den of thieves. Matthew 21 Mark 11 Luke 19 He judged the generation as being faithless Matthew 17:17, Mark 9:19 and Luke 9:41. He judged His deciples saying they had little faith Matthew 6,8,14 & 16.

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
I also believe you are wrong. I do not believe psychology is compatible with Christianity. It is trying to mix the thoughts of men with the Word of God (Which never works out).

As for in "your face responses": You are going off your psychology experience and you are not going off the experience of God using His people to convict people of their sin. There is a difference. Paul confronted Peter to his face about his wrong doing. So if Paul can do it, then so can we.

All of which are unbiblical methods. All a person needs to overcome addiction is Jesus Christ.

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14).

Nowhere did I call somebody a liar, a deceiver, a sanctimonious jerk, etc. I merely said that another poster the following words,

"....obviously you have not read the chapter with any retention of what it said then." ~ Jason0047.​

This may sound like an insult, but it was not. It was merely constructive criticism (Whereby I offered points in the chapter to show them what it actually says). It is like a teacher in a class room who asks one of their students what chapter 5 says. When the student says the chapter is talking about cows when in reality it is talking about chickens, the teacher has a right to correct the student and say to them that they did not read the chapter. The teacher can prove this by going over the chapter with them (if they feel they may be in disagreement). The thing was is that I asked this poster to explain to me what they thought the points in Scripture I brought up said (that refuted their false claim on what they thought the chapter said). They refused to do so (Which made them look guilty in the fact that they did in fact did not read and retain what the chapter actually said). I also told them that they could not Google what the chapter means from the OSAS point of view. They would have had to have already known about what the chapter says from the OSAS point of view if they are claiming to know what the chapter already says. If the roles were reversed and I was not familar with Matthew 7, I would just admit that I was not familar with this chapter instead of trying to act like I knew it (When I didn't). Anyways, the poster took what I said as an insult, when in reality I was speaking a truth to them that did not like to hear. If this poster answers my points in Scripture from the OSAS point of view and is willing to put their hand on the Bible and testify that they have always believed this way on Matthew 7, then I would be happy to apologize. But I do not think that is going to happen.

You have convinced yourself of your rightness once again. Yay for confirmation bias. And way too much nonsense to wade through. Apparently you think God gave us intellect and understanding just as a test to see if we would set them aside and accept the teachings in an ancient text as taught to us from one limited point of view. Since you do not recognize addicts as one of "the least of these" that deserve your kindness and reconciliation, I hope they will encounter others who show them love and understand that their condition is more complicated than lacking the willpower to overcome sin.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is what Christianity sounds like to me:

"I know what the bible means!" "You are a false teacher!" "Holy holy holy like me!" "Sinner!" "Jesus will kill you!" "That's not Jesus!" "I know what He means when He says that!" "Heresy!" "You are a cult!" "I am the perfection!" "God said it!" "He did not mean it that way!" "You reject the bible!" "You will perish in flame!" "Trust me I know!" "You know nothing!" "Cult!" "That is not the right way!" "Heresy!" "What I say is obviously the bible!" "Sinners will burn!" "Love God!" "Fear Him!" "Hope!" "Vanity!" "My church is truth!" "False!" "You don't know Christ!" "False teacher!" "I am right you are wrong!" "The bible says it!" "It doesn't mean that!" "I am certainty!" "Cult!" "God will save!" "Not without help!" "Heretic!" "Blasphemer!" "Seven swords shall cut you sevenfold!" "Praise Him!" "That is not praise!" "Blasphemy!" "Jesus used the KJV!" "Cult!" "You will burn!" "Believe what I say or Jesus will flay you!" "Jesus is love!" "Love is hate!" "Blasphemy!" "Fear is love!" "Cult!" "We are the light!" "You are darkness!" "Unbelievers have no reason to be confused!" "Heresy!" "What?" "He who questions me questions God!" "Cult!" "You dare challenge me?!" "Hellfire!" "It is simple!" "Heretic!"

Which makes me sometimes I feel like this:

Anyone else?

unfortunately you are right, and the religious model that you describe above is even an incredibly pathetic, hackneyed parrotry and idiocy, and this is because such "churches" are led by people that are not able to teach others (how) to practice the faith right, because they are not truly competent/qualified as spiritual servants - may the true God break that dumb conventionality in them and make them understand and preach His true righteousness

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have convinced yourself of your rightness once again.

There is no "my righteousness." Please get that thinking out of your head because I do not believe there is such a thing as my righteousness. I believe Christ and or God does the good work thru the believer (See Philippians 1:11, Philippians 2:13). If I talk of holiness, it is the Lord's holiness working in the believer. Also, holiness of the church is the reason why Christ gave Himself for us (Please carefully read Titus 2:14 and Ephesians 5:25-27).

PastorFreud said:
Yay for confirmation bias. And way too much nonsense to wade through.

Insults are not becoming of the saints. But I thank you for the insult and I will rejoice in God my Savior for it.

PastorFrued said:
Apparently you think God gave us intellect and understanding just as a test to see if we would set them aside and accept the teachings in an ancient text as taught to us from one limited point of view.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
Jesus says we must be born again of water (John 3:5).
Being born again of water means that you are born again by the Word of God. For Jesus cleanses us with the washing of the "water of the Word" (See Ephesians 5:25-27).

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe." (1 Thessalonians 2:13).

"When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side." (Matthew 13:19).

"He that is of God heareth God's words." (John 8:47).

"But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you." (1 Peter 1:25).

Also, I am not sure you understand where you are. You are on a Christian forum. This means that you are going to run into Christians who believe in the Word of God. So please do not insult us in how we are following an ancient text (that you no doubt think is outdated). If you disagree with the Bible in some way, it is probably best you find a psychology forum or something instead. God's Word does not support psychology. Nor does God's Word support the idea that you can reject it in some way (or pick and choose which parts you like or don't like).

PastorFreud said:
Since you do not recognize addicts as one of "the least of these" that deserve your kindness and reconciliation, I hope they will encounter others who show them love and understand that their condition is more complicated than lacking the willpower to overcome sin.

First, the "least of these" is in reference to the hungry, thirsty, the sick, the stranger, and those who are in prison. It is in reference to those who are poor and in need (See Matthew 25:31-45). It is not talking about somebody refusing to give up their sins. If you believe otherwise, then you need to show me that according to the context. Granted, believers can and do help other believers to help them in overcoming their sin (James 5:16) (Galatians 6:2). But "believers who struggle with sin" are not the "least of these." Second, overcoming sin (in general) is not something man can do on his own power alone. It is ultimately Jesus Christ who can help a person not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (Romans 13:14).

For there is nothing that can tranform or changes lives more than Jesus Christ; That is why God's people preach the good news of Jesus Christ so as to be saved by Him. For Jesus has fixed up broken homes (or familes). Jesus has drawn the alcoholic away from the bottle. Jesus has helped the gambler to put down his cards and walk away from the game. Jesus has helped the drug addict from the power of the needle. Jesus has helped the harlot from being a slave to sexual sin and money. For Jesus Christ changes lives. Jesus changed my life and He continues to change lives today (Making them new creations in His image).

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
(2 Corinthians 5:17).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
unfortunately you are right, and the religious model that you describe above is even an incredibly pathetic, hackneyed parrotry and idiocy, and this is because such "churches" are led by people that are not able to teach others (how) to practice the faith right, because they are not truly competent/qualified as spiritual servants - may the true God break that dumb conventionality in them and make them understand and preach His true righteousness

Blessings

So you are proposing that believers stop preaching the gospel and that they stop contending for the faith with God's Word (Whereby disagreement is going to take place)? You would prefer God's people to be silent with God's Word towards others? That is what Mr. Hyperspace is suggesting here. He does not want there to be anyone telling him that he is wrong. But if people are not believing the gospel or following Jesus and they are in sin, then they are in the wrong. They need to be told to repent and accept the Lord. There is no shame in this. To declare Jesus and His salvation (in how He can clean up your life) is why we are here. Also, Mr. Hyperspace believes that certain sins like fornication, prostitution, drug use, and witchcraft are not necessarily sins. I sure hope you do not think like that, too.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why? Well, we are told in Scripture to: "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4:2). Preaching the Word of God to people is going to be offensive to even self proclaiming Christians (believe it or not) and it will naturally cause disagreement and debate. Should I be careful in how I preach God's Word and be more loving with my words?
If you are preaching the gospel the only thing you need to convince them of is they have sinned and a righteous, holy God demands payment for it. God says, if you have broken one part of the law, you have broken all of the law.

If they admit to one sin and that God demands payment for their sin, then they need a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's not hard to get someone to agree they have broken at least one of the 10 Commandments. Coveting thy neighbors possessions. Almost everyone has stolen something sometime.

So there is a payment for sin, now who pays, them or Christ? And if Christ then His gift of salvation is available to them right now. Free gift.

The sin stuff and do not do should come later and when people find themselves in trouble. Not at the beginning, people complicate it. Find them a good church and then mentor them for a few months.

Let God do the growth. Paul said "I have planted, Apollos has watered, but GOD brought the increase".

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are preaching the gospel the only thing you need to convince them of is they have sinned and a righteous, holy God demands payment for it. God says, if you have broken one part of the law, you have broken all of the law.

If they admit to one sin and that God demands payment for their sin, then they need a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's not hard to get someone to agree they have broken at least one of the 10 Commandments. Coveting thy neighbors possessions. Almost everyone has stolen something sometime.

So there is a payment for sin, now who pays, them or Christ? And if Christ then His gift of salvation is available to them right now. Free gift.

The sin stuff and do not do should come later and when people find themselves in trouble. Not at the beginning, people complicate it. Find them a good church and then mentor them for a few months.

Let God do the growth. Paul said "I have planted, Apollos has watered, but GOD brought the increase".

By one man, death came to us all.....and by one man life came to a few who followed certain conditions. Which man was more powerful? Which act was greater...eating a fruit, or giving your life.

You believe I am a sinner and the only thing i had to do to accept adams gift was be born. I didnt have to choose it, or follow any path to get it.....it was forced on me.

Then comes the lesser man, according to you and jason, who will barely be able to get a few people out of the grasp of Adams curse.....and even when Jesus thinks He has them.....All they have to do it commit another "sin" before they die and Jesus loses them again.

I serve an all wise and powerful God.....not the one depicted in the scenario above.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then comes the lesser man, according to you and jason, who will barely be able to get a few people out of the grasp of Adams curse.....and even when Jesus thinks He has them.....All they have to do it commit another "sin" before they die and Jesus loses them again.

I serve an all wise and powerful God.....not the one depicted in the scenario above.
This is not what I think. I think Christ's blood is all sufficient for His Children.

But aren't we talking about sharing the gospel with those who ARE NOT Christ's Children?

I don't know how you read my post, did you read the entire reply conversation? Yoiu seem to have misinterpreted a lot and I thought I was pretty clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not what I think. I think Christ's blood is all sufficient for His Children.

But aren't we talking about sharing the gospel with those who ARE NOT Christ's Children?

I don't know how you read my post, did you read the entire reply conversation? Yoiu seem to have misinterpreted a lot and I thought I was pretty clear.

Ok, it seemed that you and @Jason0047 were allies in this fight, and he certainly believes this. I read every reply in every thread i post on....I guess my statements also take into account views mentioned in other threads as well. I stand corrected.

I do feel, however, that preaching the Good news (Gospel), and telling someone about their sin (bad news) are two different things.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, it seemed that you and @Jason0047 were allies in this fight, and he certainly believes this. I read every reply in every thread i post on....I guess my statements also take into account views mentioned in other threads as well. I stand corrected.

I do feel, however, that preaching the Good news (Gospel), and telling someone about their sin (bad news) are two different things.

Trust me. She believes as you do. She believes that no sin can separate a believer from God. Granted, she thinks that God's people will strive to do what is holy and right but yet, they will always have some kind of sin in their life (because they also have a sin nature). In other words, the luke warm believer is saved somehow. But do not worry. She is on your side; And we are definitely not on the same team.

What is the problem? Well, the problem is this: The moment a person says to themselves, "Hey, I can do evil and still be in God's good graces!" makes themselves an enemy of God because they are condoning sin or making excuses for sin (of which God cannot agree with because He is holy and righteous). God commands all men everywhere to repent. Sure, you may say that man cannot help but to sin because of his condition. But that is not what the Bible teaches for the believer. God says you can overcome your sin in this life in many verses. Your unwillingness to see them does not change their existence. God says you can stop sinning. Yet, you say you cannot. Therein lies the problem.

Anyways, anytime you are ready to read and receive the Word on these verses, you can always find them here:

A Biblical Defense of Sinless Perfectionism.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They can't be separated. No one needs a Savior that doesn't have sin. But I don't think the sin needs to be harped on to save them or to get them to realize that even just one sin is a problem.

God is holy. To be reconciled back to God we need to have our sin forgiven and for it not to stand in between us as sinners and God as holy. Who can make us holy? Only One.

The sin problem has to be taken care of. Jesus Christ offers us His free gift to justifiy us in His blood, there is only one way to the Father.

I think sometimes we over complicate it. We should know theology very well in our minds and knowledge, but to talk to someone who is not a Christian we have to keep it basic. Then I think we need to try to keep in touch and mentor them for a while.

Have you ever heard someone unprepared try to explain the gospel? I could even get confuesed. lol.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust me. She believes as you do. She believes that no sin can separate a believer from God. Granted, she thinks that God's people will strive to do what is holy and right but yet, they will always have some kind of sin in their life (because they also have a sin nature). In other words, the luke warm believer is saved somehow. But do not worry. She is on your side; And we are definitely not on the same team.

What is the problem? Well, the problem is this: The moment a person says to themselves, "Hey, I can do evil and still be in God's good graces!" makes themselves an enemy of God because they are condoning sin or making excuses for sin (of which God cannot agree with because He is holy and righteous). God commands all men everywhere to repent. Sure, you may say that man cannot help but to sin because of his condition. But that is not what the Bible teaches for the believer. God says you can overcome your sin in this life in many verses. Your unwillingness to see them does not change their existence. God says you can stop sinning. Yet, you say you cannot. Therein lies the problem.

Anyways, anytime you are ready to read and receive the Word on these verses, you can always find them here:

A Biblical Defense of Sinless Perfectionism.

So you believe that you can be saved, but you cant stop sinning? And a person who is saved can utter the phrase "Hey, I can do evil and still be in God's good graces!"

I think I'll pass on your reading, if this is part of your gospel.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
e same team.
What is the problem? Well, the problem is this: The moment a person says to themselves, "Hey, I can do evil and still be in God's good graces!" makes themselves an enemy of God because they are condoning sin or making excuses for sin (of which God cannot agree with because He is holy and righteous). God commands all men everywhere to repent. Sure, you may say that man cannot help but to sin because of his condition. But that is not what the Bible teaches for the believer. God says you can overcome your sin in this life in many verses. Your unwillingness to see them does not change their existence.
Biblical support? When has anyone that has been made a new creation in Christ been told they are an enemy of God? That is flat out saying that Christ is not enough. That is apalling.

Second, this is your spiel every time that people sin on purpose. It's so old and untrue for most people. :sleep:

God says what He says about forgiveness and repentance because He knows. If your THEORY is right, why did Jesus ever say we would need to repent? After salvation? Or have our sins forgiven? After salvation?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I have heard this so many times, :doh::swoon:

You jump all over in the Bibile trying to pull verses for this, and it is so confusing. The 400 word posts are coming soon with all sorts of conflicting context use of scripture. I do not normally read Jason's posts, because we have done this so many times.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0