Does anyone know what this tree is. How big it gets?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
upload_2020-5-29_8-54-18.jpeg

This is picture of a chestnut
Not sure where you are a

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know what this tree is. How big it gets? My fired gardener put this in front of my house, that's less then two feet away from the street. And the home association are strict.
Not sure where you are and if a chestnut is in your location .

upload_2020-5-29_8-57-12.jpeg

Picture of a Chestnut above

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know what this tree is. How big it gets? My fired gardener put this in front of my house, that's less then two feet away from the street. And the home association are strict.

Are you sure your gardener planted it? This looks like what we in my area we call weed trees. They will grow anywhere and will choke out better trees. I usually pull them up when they first start. I would dig it up and kill the root if it were me if that is what this is. It could be something else as it is hard to identify exactly from the picture. But it will grow more than two feet in diameter you can bet on that.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

This looks too close to the house to keep. My husband let a palm tree grow, I begged him to pull it from the time it was just a little thing, they just pop up around here. He refused, he liked it and it kept growing and growing and it was right next to our back porch and starting to push against it. By then it was too big for him to do anything about it unless we hired a professional and we both ended up sick---He died and I sold his truck in order to get some money to survive and to have that palm tree cut down---They did it for $600 only because we were friends. People have had to pay over $2,000 to dig up trees. It would be too much to dig it up by roots---they had to cut the thing into huge sections---each weighing several hundred pounds! They had to leave them around for a long time to dry out so they would be lighter.The trunks are loaded with fiber that absorbs water. They had to leave about a 3-4 foot stump on the thing, looks ugly, but better than having the whole porch get toppled over!

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you sure your gardener planted it?

He bragged about saving this tree. And planting it in my yard. Right after the home association. Made me get rid of another tree in that area. He didn't even ask for permission.
This looks like what we in my area we call weed trees.
This is what my dad said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looks like a type of ugly weed that pops up around here that grows into a large ugly tree.

If the same?
Key word (ugly).

As noticed in your pictures
they have no nice shape to them.

M

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does look like a chestnut now that I have my bifocals on. I would move it or remove it as it is too close it appears to both the house and the street. I have never understood why people plant trees close to homes and driveways and even close to property lines when they should consider the diameter of the fully grown tree and plant such that they fit on their property.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It does look like a chestnut now that I have my bifocals on. I would move it or remove it as it is too close it appears to both the house and the street. I have never understood why people plant trees close to homes and driveways and even close to property lines when they should consider the diameter of the fully grown tree and plant such that they fit on their property.

Yah---I have a Huge elderberry tree in the front yard. We have to keep cutting it back---the branches end up scraping the roof tiles off. We bought it this way. Do not want to cut the tree down. It brings the temperature down by 10-15 degrees in the summer. I live in Las Vegas, NV One year, you couldn't even see the house for the tree! It cost $200. to cut it back (that was a friend, just paid for the trash.)

Upvote 0