Does Anyone Here Post in Atheist Forums?

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It does lead to debate but they claim to like scientific materialist facts and that is what ID provides regarding the specified complexity of the cell and the fine-tuning of the super-symmetrical universe. There are complex molecular machines, DNA,.... Not sure why they try to debate these facts.
Alrightsy.

When has your approach ever worked? Can you name five or more examples?

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alrightsy.

When has your approach ever worked? Can you name five or more examples?

It worked with a brother-in-law of mine. On the forums it is hard to say since there are posters and lurkers so I can't give a number on that. There may be people on those forums afraid to post since the posters are hard core atheists and they want to stay out of the debate.

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assumed he was talking about the sections of CF where atheists are allowed to have their debates. The political forums, and so forth being what I'm referring to. I see God's Word being spelled out clearly there by Christians, but the same responses come back about how nothing has been proven, or that things in the bible has been shown to not be true, etc. The big problem I have is when people who call themselves Christians are there saying those same things.

Hard to say that people saying that are really Christians.

This thread refers to any atheist forum discussion anywhere.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've tried a few times and gave up. They act like they want answers but all they really want is to start an endless debate that circles around and around forever. To them its just a game.
Yes it got old for me too (fairy recently). I think going back & forth for a few rounds ain't bad, but after you feel like you've clarified the main points that you wanted to clarify (in case the person may not have heard your angle before) it's probably best to let it go.

I think the goal is to have the wisdom in recognizing 2 groups of people, as opposed to people who just want an argument...group 1 are Christians sincerely damaged by objections to their beliefs (maybe even recently threw in the towel), and group 2 are sincere seekers. In both groups the key word is 'Sincere.'

SOMETIMES, very rarely, you have that story where the die hard, arrogant, condescending skeptic who loves to argue gets converted. Let's call that person group 3. I think where most people get themselves in trouble (starting with myself) is that they constantly tell themselves "This guy/girl might be a group 3!! If I could just..." I really want to put an end to that mentality for myself, it's too exhausting! I'll do a few rounds with group 3s, other than that just group 1 and 2 for me if I could help it.

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it got old for me too (fairy recently). I think going back & forth for a few rounds ain't bad, but after you feel like you've clarified the main points that you wanted to clarify (in case the person may not have heard your angle before) it's probably best to let it go.

I think the goal is to have the wisdom in recognizing 2 groups of people, as opposed to people who just want an argument...group 1 are Christians sincerely damaged by objections to their beliefs (maybe even recently threw in the towel), and group 2 are sincere seekers. In both groups the key word is 'Sincere.'

SOMETIMES, very rarely, you have that story where the die hard, arrogant, condescending skeptic who loves to argue gets converted. Let's call that person group 3. I think where most people get themselves in trouble (starting with myself) is that they constantly tell themselves "This guy/girl might be a group 3!! If I could just..." I really want to put an end to that mentality for myself, it's too exhausting! I'll do a few rounds with group 3s, other than that just group 1 and 2 for me if I could help it.

It can get exhausting, especially when you go around in circles with the same arguments over and over again. That is when I feel it is good to move on.

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried a few times and gave up. They act like they want answers but all they really want is to start an endless debate that circles around and around forever. To them its just a game. Sadly when they die they will realize we weren't looking to play a game, but to save them instead. Now its in Gods hands.

With that said if I personally owned these forums I would ban any non-christian who wasn't here looking for legit answers or curious. Which probably would be most of them banned.

For many of them that is true. I usually run into that endless debate.

I agree, the ones that are just trolling should be banned from the site.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For the past 1 1/2 years or so I've been posting in atheist forums to discuss the Word of God and Intelligent Design science. Does anyone here post in those forums?

Specifically, I post at The Thinking Atheist Forum. Would be helpful if others joined in there.
Haven't read the thread. I do not post on atheist forums. It is useless to discuss anything religious with anyone that doesn't believe in God. If an atheist becomes interested in the true faith, they know where to search for it and where to go to hear about it. God will draw them to Himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haven't read the thread. I do not post on atheist forums. It is useless to discuss anything religious with anyone that doesn't believe in God. If an atheist becomes interested in the true faith, they know where to search for it and where to go to hear about it. God will draw them to Himself.

That's a good point but some may not be aware of Intelligent Design and other evidence and proofs of God's existence (DNA, fine-tuning of the universe,...).

Upvote 0

OldChurchGuy

Feb 19, 2007
✟15,752.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
For the past 1 1/2 years or so I've been posting in atheist forums to discuss the Word of God and Intelligent Design science. Does anyone here post in those forums?

Specifically, I post at The Thinking Atheist Forum. Would be helpful if others joined in there.
Taking up your invitation. Could be interesting.

• Winner
Reactions: JOYFUL-ONE
Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Thanks . . just what I'm seeking!

Reactions: CDF47
Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've tried a few times and gave up. They act like they want answers but all they really want is to start an endless debate that circles around and around forever. To them its just a game. Sadly when they die they will realize we weren't looking to play a game, but to save them instead. Now its in Gods hands.

With that said if I personally owned these forums I would ban any non-christian who wasn't here looking for legit answers or curious. Which probably would be most of them banned.
Yes. I'm considering asking them which these 6 varieties of atheist they are?: been hurt, bitter at God?/ or lust-driven pleasure seeker / or trapped campus career cage--peer pressure and $$$ / or non-thinking atheist by default / or confrontation- debate lover-finding God would end the fun / or earnestly seeking reality, peace and truth wherever that leads; open to reading God's Word and Christian scholars.
"An impersonal knowledge of God is like the tall feathers of a peacock--highly ornamental but of much use in a high wind" -A. Prater

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks . . just what I'm seeking!
Have you tried Q along this line with them? . . . ."Atheist Allen, if you received a Bible answer to all your Q would you be willing to give your life to Jesus Christ?"

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I have spent a couple years on TTA. I have not been active in the last couple months though.

Reactions: CDF47
Upvote 0