Does Anyone Here Post in Atheist Forums?

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the past 1 1/2 years or so I've been posting in atheist forums to discuss the Word of God and Intelligent Design science. Does anyone here post in those forums?

Specifically, I post at The Thinking Atheist Forum. Would be helpful if others joined in there.

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have to wear your thick skin when posting in there. Some of them use smearing and manipulative debate tactics in their posts. There is also mocking and scoffing at the Most High God which is difficult for me to handle. I still feel a need to post there though.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the past 1 1/2 years or so I've been posting in atheist forums to discuss the Word of God and Intelligent Design science. Does anyone here post in those forums?

Specifically, I post at The Thinking Atheist Forum. Would be helpful if others joined in there.

1 Corinthians 2:4-6King James Version (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea they are blind to thruth , if you give them any evidence that is not supported by thier holy book written by Darvin they reject it without thinking .

I agree, it is a difficult place to post. There are lurkers their too though and other posters who can be persuaded to see the truth of the Lord so I continue to post there even as difficult as it is. Their abusive posting gets old though. I think we should be in there though as long as we can handle it.

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2:4-6King James Version (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

This shows Paul handled it a different way but that was during a different time. Today I think Christians need to understand and be able to speak the language of science and Intelligent Design to aid in their preaching of the gospel.

Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This shows Paul handled it a different way but that was during a different time. Today I think Christians need to understand and be able to speak the language of science and Intelligent Design to aid in their preaching of the gospel.

I think it was far more hostile in Paul's time. There is wisdom in the bible we can leverage. One thing I noticed is that Jesus, Paul, Peter, the apostles did not engage in any intellectual debate with people on the validity of the gospel. Even further more Jesus did not go back to people who openly rejected him and try and convince them. Matter of fact, Jesus sent people away.

I think there is a place for apologetics but from my own experience engaging in intellectual debates with scoffers is a waste of time. I think time is better spent witnessing to people face to face on the street. That is where I have seen the Lord move and actual salvation come. I have yet to seen it happen via a online debate.

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree, it is a difficult place to post. There are lurkers their too though and other posters who can be persuaded to see the truth of the Lord so I continue to post there even as difficult as it is. Their abusive posting gets old though. I think we should be in there though as long as we can handle it.
(edited)
I personally doubt they can be persuaded.

It's not wise to "cast pearls before the swine" so to speak.
It usually doesn't build up anyone in Christ, rather the opposite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If their membership and activity on CF doesn't trigger them to start asking serious questions in order to understand Christians and their convictions, then what can?

These debates the OP is talking about are not on CF but some "other" forum. But your quote of casting pearls is applicable. :)

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes i have posted in Atheist forums.. And i found that when i posted a hard hitting and well written post it would end up being deleted by a moderator... They could not handle having a Christian post that made them feel uncomfortable and was hard for them to counter.. I think it shook their arrogant superiority complex that many atheist posses.. They do not want their belief that Theists are all morons shaken by dealing with a Christian who can make well thought out points and arguments.. It shakes up their bigoted world view..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These debates the OP is talking about are not on CF but some "other" forum. But your quote of casting pearls is applicable. :)
O, i see. :doh:
I've been away from CF for 11 months, was just gonna look for an atheist sub forum that i didn't yet know about. :doh:

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it was far more hostile in Paul's time. There is wisdom in the bible we can leverage. One thing I noticed is that Jesus, Paul, Peter, the apostles did not engage in any intellectual debate with people on the validity of the gospel. Even further more Jesus did not go back to people who openly rejected him and try and convince them. Matter of fact, Jesus sent people away.

I think there is a place for apologetics but from my own experience engaging in intellectual debates with scoffers is a waste of time. I think time is better spent witnessing to people face to face on the street. That is where I have seen the Lord move and actual salvation come. I have yet to seen it happen via a online debate.

It may not appear to have an affect in an online debate but it just may. There are lurkers reading those boards and there could be some that may be persuaded by the power of the Holy Spirit. I do agree that it is difficult there and can be draining.

Jesus and His disciples did walk away when they were rejected but their are people on these boards which may actually be listening. I think the harden atheists try hard to get Christians away from their forums for a reason.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes i have posted in Atheist forums.. And i found that when i posted a hard hitting and well written post it would end up being deleted by a moderator... They could not handle having a Christian post that made them feel uncomfortable and was hard for them to counter.. I think it shook their arrogant superiority complex that many atheist posses.. They do not want their belief that Theists are all morons shaken by dealing with a Christian who can make well thought out points and arguments.. It shakes up their bigoted world view..

Being a Christian in a atheist forum is like being a Jew in a nazi Concentration camp.. This scene from a good movie came to my mind when i was thinking about my time in an atheist forum..

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If their membership and activity on CF doesn't trigger them to start asking serious questions in order to understand Christians and their convictions, then what can?

I guess after trying so much on those forums there is only so much you can say. I am thinking about walking away from them. It is an abusive environment for Christians as well but I think that is on purpose because some may not want the Word of God spread there. There are probably satanists in those atheist forums.

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for sharing that. I also had posts deleted in certain other forums on this topic and litterely entire threads deleted one after another. It's kind of crazy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have to wear your thick skin when posting in there. Some of them use smearing and manipulative debate tactics in their posts. There is also mocking and scoffing at the Most High God which is difficult for me to handle. I still feel a need to post there though.

I don't post in any Atheist forums. I guess I knew they existed but don't think about them.

In truth while I have found wonderfully joyful, loving, thoughtful, and powerful Christians in this forum as well as a few pleasant and thoughtful non believers. I have also encountered the mocking and manipulative Atheists as well as angry and judgmental Christians here and most are not too charitable when it comes to accepting others' beliefs.

You need to put on the armor of God pretty much everywhere you go on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: CDF47
Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being a Christian in a atheist forum is like being a Jew in a nazi Concentration camp.. This scene from a good movie came to my mind when i was thinking about my time in an atheist forum..

I agree, it can feel like that.

Upvote 0

CDF47

Aug 7, 2017
Macomb Twp
✟58,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't post in any Atheist forums. I guess I knew they existed but don't think about them.

In truth while I have found wonderfully joyful, loving, thoughtful, and powerful Christians in this forum as well as a few pleasant and thoughtful non believers. I have also encountered the mocking and manipulative Atheists as well as angry and judgmental Christians here and most are not too charitable when it comes to accepting others' beliefs.

You need to put on the armor of God pretty much everywhere you go on the internet.

Very true and if you ever go on the atheist forums you definitely need the Full armor of God.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried a few times and gave up. They act like they want answers but all they really want is to start an endless debate that circles around and around forever. To them its just a game. Sadly when they die they will realize we weren't looking to play a game, but to save them instead. Now its in Gods hands.

With that said if I personally owned these forums I would ban any non-christian who wasn't here looking for legit answers or curious. Which probably would be most of them banned.

Upvote 0