Does a GLOBAL FLOOD truly seem like the BEST explanation for seashells on mountains? (2)

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where does this idea even come from?

Adam and Eve spoke 17th century English... and so did the Israelites. And so did Jesus. Despite the fact that all of the records from those times (including the earliest scriptures themselves) were written in the languages that actually existed and were spoken back then.

And 17th century English can be shown to have developed from earlier forms of the language, such as Old English, which were themselves developed from earlier Germanic languages along with many loan words from Latin and such. And after the 17th century the language continued to change.

Yet God arbitrarily chose this one language, spoken by one group of people in one place on Earth (quite a distance from the middle east, too, where the majority of the Bible takes place), and chose the one form of said language that was spoken some 1600 years after the life of Jesus, to be the official language spoken by Himself, the first humans, everyone in the Bible...

When the KJV was first translated the translators even deliberately tried to make the language sound archaic for their own day, as writing it in (was was then) a contemporary dialect would make it seem too casual and lose some of its dignity.

I admit I like the KJV for its poetic language, and its translations are often aesthetically pleasing to me more than other translations, however it is far from the most accurate translation.

What happened to all of these original English scriptures that were apparently later translated into Hebrew, Koine Greek, etc. Are they on Neptune too? Did the KJV translators have a spaceship they used to go get them?

Yes, isn't it amazing that according to AV 17th century English was used by Adam (who also apparently wrote parts of the Bible) and others thousands of years ago but then it magically disappears from the record until popping up in, gosh, the 17th century...in ENGLAND!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where does this idea even come from?

Adam and Eve spoke 17th century English...
In my [right to have an] opinion, I propose the following scenario:

There's a copy of the KJB in Heaven.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Those books are the sixty-six books of the KJB.

Since I believe there's a copy of the KJB in Heaven, I also believe they spoke Jacobean English there -- before the universe was even created.

When God created Adam & Eve during the Creation Week, He created them speaking this divine language, since they conversed with God.

Genesis 3:8a And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day:

Thus, I believe Jacobean English was spoken on earth, right up to the time of the Tower of Babel incident, when Jacobean English was changed to all different languages.

At that point, English was gone, but began a very slow comeback that culminated in King Jame's day.
... and so did the Israelites.
I don't know where you got this idea -- (from Lucy)?

The Israelites spoke Hebrew ... in my opinion.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, isn't it amazing that according to AV 17th century English was used by Adam (who also apparently wrote parts of the Bible) and others thousands of years ago but then it magically disappears from the record until popping up in, gosh, the 17th century...in ENGLAND!
Ya ... ain't that sumthing!?

Guess what?

Herbivorus lions are going to make a comeback too in, gosh, the next dispensation ...

Isaiah 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

... along with nutrient straw.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But why do you believe that? The Bible doesn't mention English anywhere.

And do you believe Jesus spoke 17th century English too? And what about the New Testament, and all the parts of the Old Testament that were written after Babel? Were they written in English too?

And why did the pre-Babel language re-emerge completely randomly in 17th century England?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But why do you believe that?
As the saying goes: I have to believe something, or I'll fall for anything.
The Bible doesn't mention English anywhere.
It doesn't have to. Why would It?
And do you believe Jesus spoke 17th century English too?
No.

English didn't make a comeback until -- whenever.
And what about the New Testament, and all the parts of the Old Testament that were written after Babel? Were they written in English too?
After Babel, the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, and the New Testament, I really don't want to get into.

For the record, most people believe it was written in Koine Greek -- and we'll leave it at that. :)
And why did the pre-Babel language re-emerge completely randomly in 17th century England?
It didn't ... it made a slow comeback through all the channels it came through to get here.

God intends for the KJB to be the seventh and last Translation before the Rapture, and I believe He orchestrated the reemergence of Jacobean English long enough to give us the KJB.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you don't have any reason for believing this. No Biblical reason, no scientific reason, just... because.
Welcome to the world of faith, freewill, and the right to exercise therein.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There's a copy of the KJB in Heaven.

Those books are the sixty-six books of the KJB.

do you have any reputable commentaries that believe what you do regarding revelation 20:12, here are some that disagree.

12. Stand before God. Where will the subjects of the judgment stand? They will be upheld by God in space. This is a deeply solemn scene that merges into eternity. The judgment is final and eternal; for all that are circumscribed, that is, earth and heaven, have passed away. The high and low of rank on earth will be there. The sinner is now brought face-to-face with God the Son, from whom he cannot escape. The distinctions of this verse are vital: notice that there are books … and another book. Could not the latter be included in the former? By no means, because both entities are defined. The book is the book of life, in which all who have trusted Christ are inscribed. Here it is introduced to show that the subjects of the judgment are unsaved. The books contain the record of their works (cf. vss. 12–13). Why is there any need to consult their works, if they are lost? It is intended to reveal the number and gravity of their sins to determine degrees of their punishment (cf. carefully Lk 12:47–48).

KJV Bible Commentary. 1994 (E. E. Hindson & W. M. Kroll, Ed.) (2714). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

-----------------------------------

the books … opened—(Da 7:10). The books of God’s remembrance, alike of the evil and the good (Ps 56:8; 139:4; Mal 3:16): conscience (Ro 2:15, 16), the word of Christ (Jn 12:48), the law (Ga 3:10), God’s eternal counsel (Ps 139:16).

book of life—(Rev 3:5; 13:8; 21:27; Ex 32:32, 33; Ps 69:28; Da 12:1; Php 4:3). Besides the general book recording the works of all, there is a special book for believers in which their names are written, not for their works, but for the work of Christ for, and in, them. Therefore it is called, “the Lamb’s book of life.” Electing grace has singled them out from the general mass.

Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Re 20:12). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

------------------------------------------------

At that judgment John saw books … opened, including a book called the book of life. The text does not state clearly what these books are, but the first opened books may refer to human works and “the book of life” is the record of those who are saved (cf. 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:15; 21:27). The fact that these dead have not been raised before is evidence in itself that they do not have eternal life and that their judgment is a judgment of their works.
All final judgments deal with works, whether the works of Christians rewarded at the judgment seat of Christ or the works of the unsaved which are in view here. The question of who is saved is determined not in heaven but in life on earth. What is revealed here is the confirmation of one’s destiny by means of God’s written records.

Walvoord, J. F. (1985). Revelation. In J. F. Walvoord & R. B. Zuck (Eds.), The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures (J. F. Walvoord & R. B. Zuck, Ed.) (Re 20:12). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.

---------------------------------------------------

And the books-Human judges have their books written with pen and ink: how different is the nature of these books!
Were opened-O how many hidden things will then come to light; and how many will have quite another appearance than they had before in the sight of men! With the book of God’s omniscience, that of conscience will then exactly tally. The book of natural law, as well as of revealed, will then also be displayed. It is not said, The books will be read: the light of that day will make them visible to all. Then, particularly, shall every man know himself, and that with the last exactness This will be the first true, full, impartial, universal history.
And another book-Wherein are enrolled all that are accepted through the Beloved; all who lived and died in the faith that worketh by love.
Which is the book of life, was opened-What manner of expectation will then be, with regard to the issue of the whole! Mal 3:16, etc.

Wesley, J. (1999). Revelation (electronic ed.). Wesley’s Notes (Re 20:12). Albany, OR: Ages Software.

---------------------------------------

20:12 The dead, small and great, stand before God. These are the unbelievers of all ages. Two sets of books are opened. The Book of Life contains the names of all who have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ. The other books contain a detailed record of the works of the unsaved. No one who appears at this judgment is registered in the Book of Life. The fact that his name is missing condemns him, but the record of his evil works determines the degree of his punishment.

MacDonald, W. (1995). Believer’s Bible Commentary: Old and New Testaments (A. Farstad, Ed.) (Re 20:12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

-----------------------------------------------------

Books refers to the record of all works done in this life. Since all have sinned and fall short of God’s standard (see Rom. 3:23), the opening of these books would certainly lead to eternal sentences in the lake of fire. The Book of Life, God’s register of those who are saved (17:8), is also opened. So although no one will be judged acceptable based on works (see Eph. 2:9), many will be saved by God’s grace received by faith in Jesus Christ (see Eph. 2:8).

Radmacher, E. D., Allen, R. B., & House, H. W. (1997). The Nelson Study Bible: New King James Version (Re 20:12). Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers.

---------------------------------

20:12, 13. The dead are the unbelieving dead of all the ages—the “rest of the dead” mentioned in verse 5. They are judged from two sets of books. The books contain the record of every unsaved person’s life. Each unsaved person is judged in accordance with his works (cf. Rom. 2:6, 16), which clearly show that each one is a guilty sinner (cf. Rom. 3:9–19) deserving of eternal death (cf. Rom. 3:23; 6:23). The book of life contains the name of every person who has received eternal life through faith alone (cf. John 20:31; 1 John 5:11–13). These unsaved people are shown that they did not take advantage of the offer of eternal life through faith (cf. Rom. 9:32; 10:3). Death and hell (Hades) are the temporary holding places of unsaved men’s bodies and souls, respectively (cf. Luke 16:19–31).

King James Version study Bible . 1997 (electronic ed.) (Re 20:12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

-------------------------------------------

And the dead were judged according to their works: If people are not listed in the Book of Life, then each one is judged according to his works. Those who refuse to come to God by faith will, by default, be judged (and condemned) by their works.
i. “The issue is not salvation by works but works as the irrefutable evidence of a man’s actual relationship with God.” (Mounce)
ii. There are degrees of punishment for unbelievers, according to their works (Mat 11:20-24). Here is where they are sentenced to their specific eternal punishment.

Gaebelein's annotated Bible

-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

<snip>

In my [right to have an] opinion, I think that opinion is a huge steaming pile of gibberish.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I do not know if he actually made money. But clearly the plan was to sell books in the hope of making money.

Is there a copy of this plan I can read, or it like mythical gay agenda?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to the world of faith, freewill, and the right to exercise therein.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why Is Pluto Not Called a Planet Anymore?

In 2003, an astronomer saw a new object beyond Pluto. The astronomer thought he had found a new planet. The object he saw was larger than Pluto. He named the object Eris (EER-is).

Finding Eris caused other astronomers to talk about what makes a planet a "planet." There is a group of astronomers that names objects in space. This group decided that Pluto was not really a planet because of its size and location in space. So Pluto and objects like it are now called dwarf planets.

above from NASA.gov

NASA - What Is Pluto?

I still agree with AV over this one, however don't agree with KJV onlyism as you can tell. We are all unique in our own ways, right?

Upvote 0

Joshua0035

Dec 30, 2012
✟372.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
You forgot about the right to spend eternity in hell if you don't exercise your freewill in a certain way.
Again you twist it all up. How can you be "free" when you put yourself in bondage? Yes that is your choice. God gives you the choice of life or death, sickness or health, blessing or curse. You can choose to be free or you can choose to be in bondage. No one can blame anyone other then themselves. It is their choice it is their decision, they have to decide. They call this a glass alibi. Any excuse anyone brings before the thone of God will shatter like glass. I hear people all the time try to pawn off their glass alibis. When the day comes their excuses will not stand up before the Judgement Throne of God and people will be held accountable.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still agree with AV over this one, however don't agree with KJV onlyism as you can tell. We are all unique in our own ways, right?
Right you are, my friend! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why Is Pluto Not Called a Planet Anymore?

In 2003, an astronomer saw a new object beyond Pluto. The astronomer thought he had found a new planet. The object he saw was larger than Pluto. He named the object Eris (EER-is).

Finding Eris caused other astronomers to talk about what makes a planet a "planet." There is a group of astronomers that names objects in space. This group decided that Pluto was not really a planet because of its size and location in space. So Pluto and objects like it are now called dwarf planets.

above from NASA.gov

NASA - What Is Pluto?

So, what exactly are you agreeing with here? That Pluto is or is not a planet?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, what exactly are you agreeing with here? That Pluto is or is not a planet?

this shows that it was in fact changed. And now we have motive. The pieces are coming together nicely.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Which you base on a quote from a page meant for kindergardeners through 4th graders?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which you base on a quote from a page meant for kindergardeners through 4th graders?

so now you are ridiculing NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration, thats an interesting turn.

thanks for the comment.

Upvote 0