Does a GLOBAL FLOOD truly seem like the BEST explanation for seashells on mountains? (2)

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about AV, but many believers have a special relationship with the number 9. Here is why.

Oh please, please, please tell me this ISN'T why AV1611VET is obsessed with Pluto. Please!

I think I would rather his obsession with Pluto was just a poorly formed criticism of science based on an obdurate concept that the map is the territory.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh but AV goes one step further. He thinks Adam and Eve spoke KJ era English and that is what will be spoken in heaven.

He does more to distort Scripture than the scientists he accuses of doing so.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He does more to distort Scripture than the scientists he accuses of doing so.
Really? like distorting "earth" to "eretz", then claiming it's only a section of land that's being referenced?

At least my "distortions" are in English.

Upvote 0

Joshua0035

Dec 30, 2012
✟372.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
When in doubt, just start insulting scientists.
I do not know if he actually made money. But clearly the plan was to sell books in the hope of making money.
51pla%2Bz62TL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it must be global flood. The other explanation is ridiculous. We all know that earthquakes happen and earth moves up and down, but that is just micro-geology. Bottom of the ocean is still bottom of the ocean and doesn't turn into top of a mountain. Have you ever observed that? Macro-geology is a lie.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Really? like distorting "earth" to "eretz", then claiming it's only a section of land that's being referenced?

At least my "distortions" are in English.

Too bad the Bible isn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I do not know if he actually made money. But clearly the plan was to sell books in the hope of making money.
51pla%2Bz62TL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Ummm, yeah...right.

You do realize the guy was already in a pretty prestigious position to start with, right? Or did you only hear about him because of the Pluto event?

LOL!

PRIOR to 2006 the guy had:

1. Been appointed by the President of the US to serve on the Commission on the Future of the United States Aerospace Industry

2. Been appointed by the President of the US to serve on the President's Commission on Implementation of United States Space Exploration Policy

3. Had hosted a PBS series (Origins)

4. Was awarded the NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal (highest civilian honor provided by NASA)

5. Was appointed the director of the Hayden Planetarium

So I'm guessing a few measly book sales weren't going to sway him.

LOL.

PLEASE, if you must come up with ridiculous conspiracy theories, make sure they at least make sense on the basics!!!!

:doh:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does this idea even come from?

Adam and Eve spoke 17th century English... and so did the Israelites. And so did Jesus. Despite the fact that all of the records from those times (including the earliest scriptures themselves) were written in the languages that actually existed and were spoken back then.

And 17th century English can be shown to have developed from earlier forms of the language, such as Old English, which were themselves developed from earlier Germanic languages along with many loan words from Latin and such. And after the 17th century the language continued to change.

Yet God arbitrarily chose this one language, spoken by one group of people in one place on Earth (quite a distance from the middle east, too, where the majority of the Bible takes place), and chose the one form of said language that was spoken some 1600 years after the life of Jesus, to be the official language spoken by Himself, the first humans, everyone in the Bible...

When the KJV was first translated the translators even deliberately tried to make the language sound archaic for their own day, as writing it in (was was then) a contemporary dialect would make it seem too casual and lose some of its dignity.

I admit I like the KJV for its poetic language, and its translations are often aesthetically pleasing to me more than other translations, however it is far from the most accurate translation.

What happened to all of these original English scriptures that were apparently later translated into Hebrew, Koine Greek, etc. Are they on Neptune too? Did the KJV translators have a spaceship they used to go get them?

Upvote 0