PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How delightful! I wouldn’t recommend it if I didn’t think you’d enjoy it. ;)

We can watch the new season together.

I'd be down! From what I've read about it, it seems awesome. It's always nice too when you have folks you can discuss the new episodes with. Every time there was a new episode of Game of Thrones that's all me and my friends/brother would talk about.

Oof... I still haven't seen the last season of that show, though. From what I hear, too, it's just as well. :D

• Winner
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd be down! From what I've read about it, it seems awesome. It's always nice too when you have folks you can discuss the new episodes with. Every time there was a new episode of Game of Thrones that's all me and my friends/brother would talk about.

Yay! Go on and catch up. They’re recording the 4th season now. We’ll have a blast.

Oof... I still haven't seen the last season of that show, though. From what I hear, too, it's just as well. :D

No worries. I read the books first. Seeing it up close is a different experience.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have never watched cable TV, but it is still available in some places.
A couple of decades ago, our TV broadcasts were analogue with only a handful of channels. At the time a lot of people seemed to be taking out satellite and cable subscriptions when they became available. Cable was, and still is, only available in the larger towns and cities.
Then came digital TV broadcasting. Freeview, which is available on all new TVs, is a digital service providing access to over a hundred free channels. Optionally, they can stream programmes from the internet - some of them free such as BBC iPlayer, or others which are subscription based such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, or from plug in devices such as the Roku or Firestick.
A week ago, I bought myself a Smart HD TV. The picture is excellent, and I have all of the digital channels which also allow you to go back over the past seven days and catch up on any programmes that have been missed. And plugged into my TV is my ROKU box!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The one thing that annoys me very much on cable is the ads or commercials. They are comparative and divisive. For one thing, there are so many medication ads. There are so many for a half an hour show.
I have cable, it comes with a internet plan that I can't opt out of. I never watch it and I've switched to streaming.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cable (in the US) was originally marketed as ad-free. That’s why so many signed up. They could watch numerous programs with no interruptions. I remember the commercials.

The medication ads are crazy. We count the side effects. Oftentimes there’s more than 10.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟335,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a tv yet go old school with DVDs. I don't have WiFi at home either. Most of the DVD's are gotten from the library.

I'm not much of a TV person, but I do have rabbit ears and get like 20 some channels (some of them are like movie channels, too). I also have Hulu, but don't want it much (mostly it's for my mom so she can watch all of her shows).

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope! College might be the one exception living in the dorms it was included. Never had it in my entire life. This is the first house I have lived in that the reception comes in good... Last year is the most TV I've watched because of the pandemic. An average of maybe five times a month compared to pretty much not at all before. I get DVDs from the library.

In college I once turned on the TV and discovered Buffy the vampire Slayer. I got addicted and when I moved to Japan I had to have VCR tapes mailed to me. I can get sucked in very easily to a program so it's best for management of time for me to avoid it. Getting movies from the library is kind of a special plan treat and relaxation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isaiah 2:22

Jun 4, 2016
Canada
✟17,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nah, I was done with TV since high school,
and never have Netflix etc.

I know... surprising.

I not watched any TV for over 4 years or more. I dont miss it at all.

This is admirable. I wish I could do the same but I feel like the distraction of watching stuff helps me a lot, especially these days.

• Friendly
Reactions: Agnos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I haven't had cable TV since the 1990s. I 'had' satellite TV for a while when I was living with my dad, but I dropped that as soon as he passed away.

I will occasionally watch a movie, but the TV stays off the rest of the time. For me, there's nothing to watch.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I stream my Xfinity cable through their Xfinity Stream app on my ROKU. I get 220+ channels, plus 300mbps internet for $144. Which for those two services combined is a reasonable price here in Minnesota. Or so I am told.

Upvote 0