Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so out of touch I don't even know what a firestick is.

Lol Im just seeing this post now,A firestick is a device you install in your tv so you can stream different tv shows,and movies from various streaming sites such as netflix.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I just got into free streaming tv this last year. I only pay for a decent enough cable internet feed 50mbps.
I haven't had cable since 2002 and don't miss all the infomercials on 90% of the channels after 1am when I can't sleep sometimes.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
We have it, but the most super basic package you can get. I personally don't watch it. With streaming/On Demand services, it's more worth the money so you can avoid ads and watch what you want. I've also recently just stopped watching TV shows and movies because all I see is propaganda. I prefer watching things that are going to teach me something or give me perspective/insight on current events.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Just because I can afford to stream music and videos does not mean I have to.
I agree. I stream stuff because I've pretty much got very few things I watch on OTA local TV programs I want to watch are only on certain times while streaming you can binge and watch a series episode after another 24 hours a day and there is movies. I don't stream music because I have plenty of it to listen to.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, I have a collection of over 30 CD's which I find that I don't have the time during the day to listen to all of them. So in short, I really don't have the time to have millions of songs to listen to on a streaming service.
I have about 400 CDs ripped to MP3s on my computer and phone about 8500 songs. I rate them and set my playlists to only include my more favorite songs and genres. The one drawback with streaming is commercials and not being able to play a song on demand easily plus needing internet availability as I've been out of range of cell towers before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 3, 2021
West of Nowhere
✟2,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Celibate
We have it, but the most super basic package you can get. I personally don't watch it. With streaming/On Demand services, it's more worth the money so you can avoid ads and watch what you want. I've also recently just stopped watching TV shows and movies because all I see is propaganda. I prefer watching things that are going to teach me something or give me perspective/insight on current events.
I totally agree. I watch tv for educational purposes and also watch a movie from time to time.

Upvote 0