Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, I consider that Democrats could learn how to work with the elected President who was chosen by the majority of the active voters.

I wish we could. Unfortunately we got the elected president who was chosen by the minority of voters.
Oh, wait a minute!! That's right. Hillary got the majority popular vote, not Donald! Oh my > I messed up on this one.

Your above quote of me is accurate, but I now intend to edit the original statement, from my post #248. Thank you :)

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump certainly could be. There is no law prohibiting it and the Constitution doesn't specifically state one way or the other. It is a POLICY.at this point. And one that people have chosen to follow. But it's not law that he can't be. Here's. Good article that explains this.
The Only Way to Find Out If the President Can Be Indicted

Remember, it's not LAW. It's POLICY.

Right, it’s only “policy”.
But if one were to violate such a policy, one could very well be fired from one’s position.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,970.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Actually, there is no such thing as "absolute liability" in American law. It's "strict liability." You can argue it's just semantics, but if you are trying to claim that you know the law better then Comey, using the proper terms is a good start. And you are right, the law as written is a strict liability crime because there is no explicit mens rea listed. However, the courts have applied one via case law, because otherwise there are First and Fifth Amendment issues with the law. While it wasn't Comey's call to make, and he shouldn't have held a press conference, he was a federal prosecutor for almost 20 years at the start of his career, including Deputy AG. He knew the law and said based on that knowledge of the law he wouldn't recommend charges. The fact that she wasn't indicted either by one of the career (non-political) members of the DOJ or the political appointees of the Trump administration just support that he was right.

You're going to nit pick over strict vs absolute? Okay I guess. Especially since you knew exactly what I was talking about. And you also agreed that the crime did not have intent as part of the statute. The courts have not applied that to all the statutes that Clinton broke. What Comey knew was Clinton wouldn't be prosecuted period. There was no way he was going to file charges against someone who was the presidential candidate. He wasn't dumb. We all knew she wouldn't be because of who she was. And you could say the same thing about Trump. But at least in his case the FBI hasn't said he committed an offense even if it wasn't intentional. Like I said, it's all a political game.

No charges will be filed against Trump anymore than they were filed against Clinton. Even if the FBI investigated and found something like they did with Clinton. Some if these politicians are just above the law.

But like I said Trump hasn't even been accused yet.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Full List: Who Supports an Impeachment Inquiry Against Trump?

As of May 31 there is a whopping 54 in congress supporting an impeachment proceeding.

That is a whopping 12% of the House. Not one Republican and 181 of their own party either are against it or are non committal.

If there is such overwhelming evidence, why is their own party not behind it?

The way the left’s media portrays it, you would think there are a lot of people supporting it.

To hear you guys talk about it, you'd think the whole party did support it.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Full List: Who Supports an Impeachment Inquiry Against Trump?

As of May 31 there is a whopping 54 in congress supporting an impeachment proceeding.

That is a whopping 12% of the House. Not one Republican and 181 of their own party either are against it or are non committal.

If there is such overwhelming evidence, why is their own party not behind it?

The way the left’s media portrays it, you would think there are a lot of people supporting it.

Justin Amash.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
After this...??

91B78AE4-D7E6-4408-978B-8A24CBF4E2B0.jpeg

Huuuge crimes...against fashion...!!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
After this...??

View attachment 257641

Huuuge crimes...against fashion...!!

The Queen and Prince Charles look terrific. Her dress kind of reminds me of my grandma's bedspread but I truly do mean that in a good way, lol. Elegant. Donald looks like a huffy kid forced into a younger brother's hand me ups that don't fit right.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Queen and Prince Charles look terrific. Her dress kind of reminds me of my grandma's bedspread but I truly do mean that in a good way, lol. Elegant. Donald looks like a huffy kid forced into a younger brother's hand me ups that don't fit right.

Someone suggested that the jacket belongs to Barron....:ebil:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You fell for a photoshopped photo. And I’ll let Christian Dior know you don’t like his 14,000 evening gown.

Grandma must have had a heck of a couch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let's face it. In using private email, Clinton did what Colin Powell, John Kerry, and Condoleeza Rice did, and what Trump is doing every single day. The Clinton investigations were bona-fide witch hunts.

And the fact that she got off Scot-free is a testament to the witch-hunters' utter incompetence.

On the other hand, Trump is often likened to running the White House like a mob boss l, with all the attendant corruption.

Fortunately, the GOP aren't much better as mobsters than they are as witch-hunters... The Mueller report made it clear that Donald would be impeached already if only his cronies actually carried out his illegal orders.

Fortunately for democracy, Donald doesn't actually inspire nearly as much loyalty as he demands.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice photoshop

Here is the real picture:

View attachment 257657

Found here : Kate Middleton, Prince William & Royals Dine With Donald Trump

Some of us don’t believe everything just because it is on the internet.
How do you know which one's real? There's no such thing as a photo online that hasn't gone through a post process of touch ups, color correction and yes, even manipulation to make odd things look right.

And even in the one you shared, his pants are still way too big.

Melania looks stunning. She's just about the only person in this entire administration that I actually like and can sympathize with.

The rest are an international embarrassment. Hearing the president read his prepared statements right after having heard the Queen (who's 20 years his senior) read hers, was excruciating.

All in all, I'd say this was a successful overseas trip for President Trump.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You fell for a photoshopped photo. And I’ll let Christian Dior know you don’t like his 14,000 evening gown.
Oh, is that all it cost?

I remember a time when the right would lose their minds over Michelle Obama wearing expensive designer clothes and dresses. I guess they've evolved in their views.

• Optimistic
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Melania looks stunning. She's just about the only person in this entire administration that I actually like and can sympathize with.

Not coincidentally, she's the only one in the entire administration who didn't choose to be there.

We always sympathize with hostages...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not yes, because Jesus might say let the one without sin cast the first stone.

If Trump is impeached, the most that process does is fire him from his position...nobody’s going to stone him.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If Trump is impeached, the most that process does is fire him from his position...nobody’s going to stone him.

Not if he is just impeached. He must also be convicted in the senate.

I sort.of hope the house impeaches, just for the entertainment value.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even if he is removed . . . I think of how Bill Clinton did what he did, but now is quite busy with . . . things. And he was well enough on his way to becoming America's First Gentleman. And this was never an obvious issue, not even made by Donald, if I remember correctly.

There are well-known Republicans who are lavishing praise on Donald; if he were taken out, I suppose he would be among friends who would be in thorough denial about anything being significantly wrong about him.

And if his businesses were to fail completely, he could make some amount . . . an amount . . . enough, maybe . . . with speaking engagements, to pay his bills.

I sort.of hope the house impeaches, just for the entertainment value.
They will likely be doing the best they are capable of doing. Hopefully, they can find better things to help themselves and others. But if not, I admit I can find things interesting; but I need to pray for and care about people, not be welcoming excuses to look down on people.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not coincidentally, she's the only one in the entire administration who didn't choose to be there.

We always sympathize with hostages...

What makes you think that the first lady would not want to take a trip on Air Force One to visit great Britain, be treated like royalty, meet the royal family and be part of the pomp and circumstance

How is there possibly a hostage situation? And how do I get to be taken hostage?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.