Do you pray for God to help you kill the enemy?

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just think killing is killing whether it is justified or not. You end a life and thats that.

Of course! And yet you aptly described an important distinction between two possible scenarios, and that is the Biblical distinction between killing and murder, respectively. The poster above you, Dave, apparently has post traumatic stress disorder, at least partially from struggling with this very distinction. Right on the other side of the lake here lives someone who's PTSD from that same conflict was so severe he couldn't trust himself to have a houseguest overnight for fear he'd kill them in his sleep while being unaware of it himself, until after 2005!

REM therapy is what finally got him past that

If you dont believe in an afterlife or god, it simplifies the matter somewhat. Even any moral right or wrong attached to the act is just a human construct.

This makes no difference at all. Some killing is unjustified, and whether other killing may be justified (or not) is still the same problem.

Upvote 0

Daveptsd

Feb 19, 2012
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe "killing is just killing" unless you're a total sociopath. Taking the life of someone is imtimately personal and unforgettable. After the heat of a fire fight, everyone wants to see the casualties and the dead. I never saw anyone just walk away. Part of it is acknowledging that it could have been me torn apart and boody there on the ground; it wasn't but my life could have passed just as easily as my friend or my enemy. There's personal loss and loss of humaity in totally violent circimstances.

I'd stay well clear of anyone who had no feelings during and after 911.

Upvote 0

Daveptsd

Feb 19, 2012
✟7,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wars will happen until Jesus returns. What is a soldier supposed to do? Those who have relationships with God are praying - what should they be talking to God about? God will accomplish His will, He will use all things for good to those who beleive in Him. Should we just pray that His will be done?

I think God wants a closer relationship than just hearing us say, "Your will be done." He wants to hear from us on all things pertaining to this life on earth. We are in a process of drawing closer to Him or being driven further away. Praying for God's help to kill someone is way out of context.

God proves Himself to be trustwhorthy and we learn to totally trust His goodness. If He wants me to learn more, then I will. If He wants to take me home, then I'll gladly go. It's not our decision to make, it's His.

I asked many times why God brought me home from Vietnam without a scratch when so many around me didn't. His answer was, "because it was pleasing to Him." It wasn't because of my great worth or any huge spiritual thing I did/might do, nor anything I could repay. It really didn't have anything to do with whatever I think is in my control.

Upvote 0