British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have a friend who used to reply once per week. She held out intentionally. They've been together for years! She made him wait to see what he'd do.

~bella

Well, I do know she works as a cook and is also a student. She has indicated her schedule leaves her without a ton of time to reply to me. I have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@MehGuy

Some people are insane. I've encountered my share on this site. Trying to make sense of it will render you confused.

I'm not a therapist nor are you.
It is not my responsibility to bring sanity to anyone.
You aren't responsible for anyone's mental maladies. Don't get sucked in!

~bella

I don't think she's insane. She's a pretty bright person. It's just tiring trying to understand her psychology and being around her as a default.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why are you investing energy in someone you're not interested in?

~bella

I'm forced to be around her for like 40 hours a week.. I need to know how to navigate around her.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does she sign your check?
Is she in the C-suite?

No.

You're overthinking this and giving her power she doesn't possess. There's nothing to navigate. If she persists speak to HR. This isn't your permanent job.

I worked with someone who liked me. He was a senior executive in the parent company and 20-25 years older. I was in my early thirties. He came in to do a hatchet job. The company relocated operations but didn't tell us. I figured it out.

I wasn't aware of his interest initially. But it was evident after awhile. He gave me a lot of visibility. I was pulled into meetings and projects outside of my job description. And he told me to let him mold me. I might have ignored the comment if he didn't have his shirt open. I could see the hairs on his chest. His eyes revealed the truth.

He offered me a position in his office working for him. I'd have to relocate and the company would cover the expenses. It was in North Carolina. I turned it down. I wanted to go on a different line of business. Out of his reach. I considered a position in Texas but I decided to leave.

He could make or break my career. The job he offered was with the parent company. Being under his thumb wasn't an option. He shared intimate details about himself. There was no impropriety. But that might have changed elsewhere. I couldn't risk my livelihood.

He fired our CEO and every executive save legal. There was no one to turn to if he crossed the line. I'd have a fight on my hands. The consequences of turning him down were great if he didn't accept it. I didn't want to deal with that.

You aren't in that position. Don't give her more authority than she possesses. Nip it in the bud.

~bella

I understand, I just don't think HR is designed for men. Socially and functionally.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand. But she doesn't know that. :)

~bella

Today she actually made a joke about me going to HR. I think she understands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I know you like the job. I hope she settles down. I'll pray about it. :yellowheart:

Not sure if I like it that much anymore. Guess I could just find a new temp job. I'm having other issues besides this. We have to punch in with our smartphones and it just drains my battery. Plus they sent me two checks by mistake and I've been on the phone with them multiple times trying to straighten it out. So I feel nervous even withdrawing any money (money I earned not the money mistakenly given to me) from my account. Even though they said it's fine.

It's a whole thing. Today wasn't the best of days.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have a lot going on. This adds to your plate. Try to take your mind off of work for a bit. Play a game and listen to music. Just veg awhile. :)

Watching Netflix. Games just stress me out, lol.

• Haha
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What are you watching? I renewed my membership after I finished The Handmaids Tale. Yeah, I loved it. :p

Fargo. I only caught some of it on Pluto last week. As a Minnesotan this film fascinates me. Lol.

Yeah, I just renewed my membership this month.. not sure if it was worth it. The free commercial services actually rival the selection Netflix has. I don't mind watching some commercials.

Upvote 0