Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by gunnysgt
Jesus walked this earth, made claims no one has ever made in the history of mankind.

Jesus is the proof. One can deny Him, reject Him, curse Him but He will not be ignored forever for those that deny Him.

ROMANS 14:11
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

ROMANS 14:12
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Making grandiose claims is hardly proof. If that were the case then Rev Moon, Jim Jones, David Koresh, and a multitude of others would also be God

Jesus is not proof of Jesus. Jesus is a person who may or may not have existed, who may or may not have claimed to be God, who may or may not actually be God, despite his claims.

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Very good thread Ed.....  could it be possible that the trinitarians are involved in a cult?  After all, the doctrine is not founded in scripture at all!  If anything it is based on a theologian’s hypothesis or theory!  Let's take a look at Websters for the definition of Hypothesis:

Webster’s Dictionary, hypothesis, A system or theory imagined or assumed to account for what is not understood. An unproved theory. theory, a speculative plan...a formulation of underlying principles of certain observed phenomena which has been verified to some degree...a conjecture; guess.

How often do we here the defenders of the trinity saying, it is something that will never be able to be explained or understood and it is a complete mystery?  What kind of line of logic and reasoning is that anyway?  It's a line of reasoning that I am no longer a part of !
As followers of Christ do we need to rely on the speculations, conjectures and guesses of so called high handed theologians to know who or what God is? If the majority of Christians today want to base their salvation on some theologians hypothesis or theory, then that is between them and their God!  I chose to rely on the inspired Word of the One true God of the Holy scriptures.

I think John stated it well as to what a cult is in 2 John 7-9:

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son".

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by franklin
How often do we here the defenders of the trinity saying, it is something that will never be able to be explained or understood and it is a complete mystery? What kind of line of logic and reasoning is that anyway? It's a line of reasoning that I am no longer a part of !

Son of God Son of Man

The Trinity

The Incarnation

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Very good thread Ed.....  could it be possible that the trinitarians are involved in a cult?  After all, the doctrine is not founded in scripture at all!  If anything it is based on a theologian’s hypothesis or theory!  Let's take a look at Websters for the definition of Hypothesis:

Webster’s Dictionary, hypothesis, A system or theory imagined or assumed to account for what is not understood. An unproved theory. theory, a speculative plan...a formulation of underlying principles of certain observed phenomena which has been verified to some degree...a conjecture; guess.

How often do we here the defenders of the trinity saying, it is something that will never be able to be explained or understood and it is a complete mystery?  What kind of line of logic and reasoning is that anyway?  It's a line of reasoning that I am no longer a part of !
As followers of Christ do we need to rely on the speculations, conjectures and guesses of so called high handed theologians to know who or what God is? If the majority of Christians today want to base their salvation on some theologians hypothesis or theory, then that is between them and their God!  I chose to rely on the inspired Word of the One true God of the Holy scriptures.

I think John stated it well as to what a cult is in 2 John 7-9:

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son".

LOL Your writings and Avatar are a perfect match! LOL

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"So you say, over and over again, without any proof of your claim."

As you would yourself? I don't see the problem here. If you believe in absolute truth, then either you're right or we are. If you're unwilling to go further then that, I'm, as I'm sure gunny is, willing to play the waiting game and find out :)

Upvote 0

SunnyLin

taking the mission home.
Sep 9, 2002
Bridgewater NJ
✟339.00
Real proof exists in faith. For those unwilling and too hard-hearted to take the challenge of giving God an opportunity to at least try to make himself known, there is scientific proof.

ever hear about the shroud of turin?
http://ctct.essortment.com/shroudturinhol_rdbs.htm

In a chapel behind the alter in the Cathedral of John The Baptist in Turin, Italy, is stored an ancient burial shroud that is displayed only a few times each century. The cloth -- 14-feet-three inches long, by three feet-seven inches wide -- contains the straw-yellow image of a man who is clearly the tragic victim of a crucifixion, complete with blood, scourge marks, a spear wound in the side, nail marks on the wrists and feet, and wounds around the top of the head where a crown of thorns would have been.

Controversy surrounding the identity of the man on the shroud has swirled for centuries. Likewise, how the image got there in the first place has been the subject of much heated discussion. Some think the image is the result of a skilled artist’s brush. Others believe the image is a fluke of nature -- like random clouds forming pictures in the sky. Still others -- including some of the scientists who have studied it up close and personal -- believe the linen is the authentic burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth and that it is His image that appears there

what specific question do you have?

Upvote 0

franklin

May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Gerry
LOL Your writings and Avatar are a perfect match! LOL

Hey Gerry!  ya like that Av?  Good!  It kind of reminded me of you when I picked it out!  LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!    :D :D :D :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by Gerry
If you went to college, at least we know your major was not in History!

Actually it was invertebrate morphology. You apparently didn't take a lot of history either or you would know that the existence of Jesus as described in the bible is not a given by historians.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟21,635.00
Faith
Pagan
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"So you say, over and over again, without any proof of your claim."

As you would yourself? I don't see the problem here. If you believe in absolute truth, then either you're right or we are. If you're unwilling to go further then that, I'm, as I'm sure gunny is, willing to play the waiting game and find out :)

I'm really not sure what it is you are trying to say Louis. Can I assume that you're trying to say that a belief that you hold the absolute truth is good enough? If so that is illogical. I could believe that purple spotted dragons are absolute truth buit it won't make them real. Even so your, and Gunny's, belief that your God is the absolute truth is no more valid than any other religions claim. In order for it to be describable as "absolute truth", it must be shown, unequivocally, to be so.

As far as "you're right or we are", you're missing a very important set of possibilities. The entire set of possibilities to who is right about absolute truth would look something like this.

1. Louis and Gunny are right

2. I'm right

3. Someone else is right

4. none of us is right

You have to be careful of limiting possibilities when trying to prove your case

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franklin

May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by gunnysgt
JOHN 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Sarge, this seems to be one of your most favorite verses and I have to say, sorry, there is no trinity in it! 

Cheers

FR

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sarge, this seems to be one of your most favorite verses and I have to say, sorry, there is no trinity in it! 

Cheers

FR

Yes it is one of my favorite verses. You and ED might consider WWF tag team-You gents have the same proof scriptures-know em' forwards and backwards- OOHRAH!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.