Do You Believe That There's Life On Other Planets?

Do You Believe That There's Life On Other Planets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I only listed a few thing which are getting worse by the day, but there are literally hundreds more. I don't have the time to copy and paste hundreds of statistics, that's why I suggested you do a bit of research when you get the time.
The stats are mind blowing, all the bad things are increasing expediently while the good things are decreasing at an alarming rate.

This tells me that the theory of evolution is dead wrong and the truth is mankind is actually degenerating, into ever deeper depths of depravity just as the Bible predicted.

What's going on now has always been going on. The advent of almost instantaneous global communication just means you know about it now. It seems more because society as a whole is more connected than ever before.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Even Jesus said to obey the laws of the society you live in. Matthew 22:15 - 22.

Of course there are exceptions, but I'd think making sure your hunting is legal makes sense.
The left winged liberals have been trying to make hunting illegal for many years, they keep lobbying the government to add more animals to the protected list.
They place more value on animal life than human life, they keep adding things like snakes to the protected list. I always shoot the snake first, then have a closer look to see what kind it was.

We hunt on Crown land so we don't need permission from farmers, I've noticed lots of rotting carcasses laying around from other shooter. We find dead Koalas and kangaroos with starving babies in their pouches. At we make sure our animals are dead before we move on, but there's a lot of cowboys out there who just don't give a damn. They shoot anything that moves.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What's going on now has always been going on. The advent of almost instantaneous global communication just means you know about it now. It seems more because society as a whole is more connected than ever before.
I don't believe that for a minute, I remember looking at some stats which listed a huge increase over the last 50 years in murder, divorce, teen pregnancy, abortion, autism, cancer, drug addiction, STD's, mental health issues and the list just goes on and on.

You should consider the fact that the internet is getting more and more censured every day. They are removing facts at an alarming rate and replacing them with lies.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The left winged liberals have been trying to make hunting illegal for many years, they keep lobbying the government to add more animals to the protected list.

I don't see how that follows. Many animals are overbreeding and act as invasive species, disturbing ecosystems they weren't originally part of. In those cases, hunting to keep the numbers down is a good solution. Hunting invasive species is actually one way to protect native species that would be otherwise killed and eaten, or have their food supplies stolen.

Where I live, deer are a big problem.

They place more value on animal life than human life, they keep adding things like snakes to the protected list. I always shoot the snake first, then have a closer look to see what kind it was.

Well a snake is potentially dangerous, so unless everyone is expected to be an expert on which snakes are dangerous and which aren't, then erring on the side of caution like that seems like a good idea, especially in a place like Australia.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
So instead of taking the clear meaning of Scripture where it says that God desires that all be saved and that He loves all, you instead find a way to ignore that, brush it aside, or explain it away? That's an interesting hermeneutical choice.

-CryptoLutheran
You accuse me of doing that but you can't show me how and where. I take the whole counsel of God, into consideration when interpreting it's teaching and meaning.

It doesn't help to quote a single chapter of scripture and build a doctrine upon it. The Bible interprets the Bible for us, if we come across scriptures which seem contradictory it means our understanding is lacking and not the Bible. So we refer to all the other scriptures which deal with a certain doctrine and see what they say, then we can see the big picture.

I don't appreciate folks who blatantly deny the Word of God as He spoke it by His Prophets. If God said that He hates Esau while he was still in his mothers womb, then you must embrace Gods hatred of certain people and praise Him for it because everything He does is perfectly righteous.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like how we've gone from talking about the idea of their being life on other planets... to whatever this ^ is now.
There is life on other planets.

Just not the kind some think.

Not all life is strictly biological.

Them CHNO molecules can only do so much.

Nature is myopic.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
'Nature is myopic.'

Okay, you're going to have explain that to me since that is big-brain talk.
I thought I just did.

Nature can only do so much with her CHNO organic molecules.

She can't make angels.

And angels are on other planets -- including Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Thus nature is myopic. She can only do so much.

Not really. You just have trouble trying to keep the natural with the natural and the spiritual with the spiritual.
Also, I am pretty sure that I have never once seen anyone say that angel's live on planets outside of some very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
I only listed a few thing which are getting worse by the day, but there are literally hundreds more. I don't have the time to copy and paste hundreds of statistics, that's why I suggested you do a bit of research when you get the time.
The stats are mind blowing, all the bad things are increasing expediently while the good things are decreasing at an alarming rate.
OK, I can see you're a 'glass completely empty' kinda guy :rolleyes:

This tells me that the theory of evolution is dead wrong and the truth is mankind is actually degenerating, into ever deeper depths of depravity just as the Bible predicted.
What does the theory of evolution tell you that is remotely relevant?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If God said that He hates Esau while he was still in his mothers womb, then you must embrace Gods hatred of certain people and praise Him for it because everything He does is perfectly righteous.

Imagine young people hearing this then people wonder why nobody seems to be that keen on Christianity nowadays.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, I am pretty sure that I have never once seen anyone say that angel's live on planets outside of some very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible.
According to the book of Ezekiel, Lucifer was given employment here on Earth.

And although I don't think Lucifer lived here at the time, he certainly worked here.

We also know from Genesis 6 that angels not only lived here, but married our women and had children.

If you want to call that "very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible," go ahead.

I have a feeling you think Jesus walking on water is a "very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
According to the book of Ezekiel, Lucifer was given employment here on Earth.

And although I don't think Lucifer lived here at the time, he certainly worked here.

We also know from Genesis 6 that angels not only lived here, but married our women and had children.

If you want to call that "very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible," go ahead.

I have a feeling you think Jesus walking on water is a "very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible."

No, the only 'very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible' is when people say we'll find angels in outer space. (Side-eyes LDS...)

That's post hoc ergo propter hoc logic.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, the only 'very weird and very suspicious interpretation of the Bible' is when people say we'll find angels in outer space. (Side-eyes LDS...)
If some kind of scientific contraption finds angels in outer space, it's because angels wanted to be found.

Science can't find evidence of two million Jews living in a wilderness, where the book of Numbers in the Bible gives their complete itinerary, from city to city; even saying how long they camped there.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
If some kind of scientific contraption finds angels in outer space, it's because angels wanted to be found.

Science can't find evidence of two million Jews living in a wilderness, where the book of Numbers in the Bible gives their complete itinerary, from city to city; even saying how long they camped there.

Hey, maybe God swept up all the evidence and hid it away.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.