Do You Believe That There's Life On Other Planets?

Do You Believe That There's Life On Other Planets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby (hint: it's not). We just don't believe in a god or gods; that's all.

The context of this thread is life, and 'evolution' here means biological evolution, i.e. the fact of evolution and the theory that explains it. Biological evolution is the process by which populations of creatures tend to become better adapted to their circumstances. Superiority, in this respect, is simply having a reproductive advantage.

You claimed to be a scientist, but apparently it was not the biological sciences. People get old wrinkly and ugly, then die as part of the evolutionary process. Not all organisms work this way, but the more complex ones do, for a variety of reasons. Evolution, by its nature, takes many generations.

You claimed to be a scientist, but it clearly wasn't the physical sciences. Degeneration and decay is a feature of our universe (increasing entropy, the 2nd law of thermodynamics), and life leverages the decay of low entropy energy sources (e.g. the sun) to generate complexity and temporarily reduce local entropy by increasing overall entropy; i.e. life consists of dissipative systems. For every high energy photon that impinges on Earth, around 20 low energy photons are radiated back out.

Out of curiosity, what is/was your field of science?
Everything you claim above is based on circular reasoning. It has no foundation in reality, the whole thing was born out of someone's wild imagination.

As I mentioned before, science is based on fantasy. Then you build a theory around the idea, then you claim it as fact. That may float your boat, but I deal with hard evidence and proven facts.

I studied astronomy for almost 2 years, before I pulled out in disgust. It was a complete waste of time listening to so called professors pushing wild theories as fact. They rape your mind and conscience with their delusional trash.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I studied astronomy for almost 2 years, before I pulled out in disgust.
Astronomy assumes that "larger means older."

Thus the larger the universe is, the older it is.

But God created it large in the first place.

Imagine seeing a balloon ten miles in diameter and assuming it took days to blow it up, when in fact, it was created in the twinkling of an eye.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There may be some atheists that believe that, but there are plenty that think there has always been something, and probably even more that neither know nor care.

For those that define 'logic' as 'what Christians believe', that is logical(!). For everyone else, it's begging the question - not to mention that Christian beliefs differ widely enough that a logic based on Christian belief would necessarily be at least partly self-contradictory, and so - illogical...

Perhaps you want to restrict the logic claim to God as creator - i.e. special pleading?
Everyone knows that Atheism is a religion, in which you need to employ more faith than any other religion. See to believe that everything came from noting takes more faith than you can imagine, because you need to empty yourself of all reason and commonsense and surrender your life to the flying spaghetti monster.

Every other religion believes that nothing comes form nothing, except for Atheists who somehow get around their natural instincts and surrender to that monster.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Everyone knows that Atheism is a religion, in which you need to employ more faith than any other religion. See to believe that everything came from noting takes more faith than you can imagine, because you need to empty yourself of all reason and commonsense and surrender your life to the flying spaghetti monster.

Every other religion believes that nothing comes form nothing, except for Atheists who somehow get around their natural instincts and surrender to that monster.
Do you actually know any atheists who believe that everything came from nothing? See, I don't, and while I am not an atheist myself and only really talk in depth about the subject with atheists around here on this forum, you may have some evidence that what you claim about atheists is true which I haven't come across..

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

What a lurid straw man, but no accusations of baby eating, tut, tut,

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
See to believe that everything came from noting takes more faith than you can imagine, because you need to empty yourself of all reason and commonsense and surrender your life to the flying spaghetti monster.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with this, brother, as we believe God created the universe ex nihilo -- that is, out of nothing.

Atheists believe the universe came from a primordial atom, but that's as far as they can go back in time with that.

Where that primordial atom came from, they don't know.

And that's where their faith begins: in some primordial atom.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Astronomy assumes that "larger means older."

Thus the larger the universe is, the older it is.

But God created it large in the first place.

Imagine seeing a balloon ten miles in diameter and assuming it took days to blow it up, when in fact, it was created in the twinkling of an eye.
Triton is the largest of Neptune's 13 moons, it orbits in the opposite direction to it's planets orbit. This defies the law of physics and the law of probability. I had a professor try to push his theory for this anomaly as fact and that pushed me out of astronomy.

I have no problem with noting down observations such as calculating the time periods between solar eclipses and alike, but when we dive into the unknown and then expect students to swallow theory as fact it becomes a completely different animal.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What a lurid straw man, but no accusations of baby eating, tut, tut,
Some may have eaten their babies to survive, but it doesn't compare with sacrificing babies to Demons as every single mother who aborts her baby does. Sure they'll deny it but it's a fact.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do you actually know any atheists who believe that everything came from nothing? See, I don't, and while I am not an atheist myself and only really talk in depth about the subject with atheists around here on this forum, you may have some evidence that what you claim about atheists is true which I haven't come across..
Well every Atheist has to believe it, that's what makes them an Atheist. You must be thinking of Agnostics who simply claim they don't know anything.

God said there's no such thing as an Atheist or Agnostic, He simply said, you either serve Me or the Devil and there's no third option.

God said that everyone believes He exists, because He has revealed Himself to every single person through His creation. So when they look in the mirror and see that nose, they know that it was created and it didn't get there by some cosmic accident.

God said some deny the reality "in unrighteousness", that's old language for knowing something for a fact but pretending it's not there. He said they do this, in an attempt to plead ignorance before Him on judgement day. They deny the fact, so they can live a life of sin, rebellion and wickedness. We can't enjoy sin, until we remove God from our concise, so God said "I will turn them over to serve their sin". I'm not going to describe what awaits them, as this is not the place to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Triton is the largest of Neptune's 13 moons, it orbits in the opposite direction to it's planets orbit. This defies the law of physics and the law of probability.
Yup.

God has things that defy our man-made scientific paradigms ... like Triton and the Platypus ... but man just handwaves them off, gives them a label (like "monotremes"), and filters God out of the picture.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some may have eaten their babies to survive, but it doesn't compare with sacrificing babies to Demons as every single mother who aborts her baby does. Sure they'll deny it but it's a fact.
That demon has a name: Molech.

Saline solution burns the child out.

Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That demon has a name: Molech.

Saline solution burns the child out.

Leviticus 18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
I watched a video of a baby being aborted at around 3 months, I wish I didn't as it was one of those where the baby didn't die in the initial attempt and the doctor had to butcher it while it was still alive on the table.

• Prayers
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well every Atheist has to believe it, that's what makes them an Atheist. You must be thinking of Agnostics who simply claim they don't know anything.
What about atheists who believe that the universe (or mass/energy, anyway) has always existed in some form. They don't believe that "everything comes from nothing' do they?

God said there's no such thing as an Atheist or Agnostic, He simply said, you either serve Me or the Devil and there's no third option.

God said that everyone believes He exists, because He has revealed Himself to every single person through His creation. So when they look in the mirror and see that nose, they know that it was created and it didn't get there by some cosmic accident.

God said some deny the reality "in unrighteousness", that's old language for knowing something for a fact but pretending it's not there. He said they do this, in an attempt to plead ignorance before Him on judgement day. They deny the fact, so they can live a life of sin, rebellion and wickedness. We can't enjoy sin, until we remove God from our concise, so God said "I will turn them over to serve their sin". I'm not going to describe what awaits them, as this is not the place to do so.
No, you've already preached more sectarian doctrine than is appropriate for this forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Triton is the largest of Neptune's 13 moons, it orbits in the opposite direction to it's planets orbit. This defies the law of physics

I don't see how.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist

Hmm... a Trump-like contempt for facts & truth; to be so consistently and arrogantly wrong, you're either trolling or you're first-rate Dunning-Kruger material.

It's amusing for a while, then it becomes boring.

• Agree
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
I studied astronomy for almost 2 years, before I pulled out in disgust. It was a complete waste of time listening to so called professors pushing wild theories as fact. They rape your mind and conscience with their delusional trash.
Ah, a failed astronomer. That would explain the bitterness.

There's probably something you could be good at - maybe something manual?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Atheists believe the universe came from a primordial atom, but that's as far as they can go back in time with that.

Where that primordial atom came from, they don't know.

And that's where their faith begins: in some primordial atom.
Oops! You said 'atheists' when your post is talking about scientists. A common error on these forums - unless you were being deliberately provocative.

Btw, the idea of a 'primordial atom' is outdated.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.