Do you believe in the “caught up together” event in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17?

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then make you own charts that are correct and post them.
You forgot already that I told you I'm not ever going to make any charts? No wonder you need charts. You can't understand words. You're like the children who need pictures in their books to understand anything.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
pre-trib implies pre-70th week the rapture must take place. I do not hold that position. The rapture could end up taking place after the 70th week begins.

You guys want to make me a dispensationalist because you are at war with dispensationalism. You want to make me pre-trib, because you are at war with pre-tribbers. I am neither, so just stop, when I say that I am neither.
But, you are pre-trib. You made it clear that the rapture has to occur before the future tribulation period that you believe in.

Allow me to remind you of what you said. You didn't use a chart to say it, so I can understand how you may have forgotten.

Douggg said:
I believe there will be a great tribulation timeframe of 1335 days, triggered by the placing of the abomination of desolation statue image of the beast on the temple grounds.

The rapture must take place before then
And there it is. You are pre-trib. Maybe your own flavor of pre-trib, but still pre-trib.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not say that them born and saved during the millennium will be kings and priests of the Kingdom of God.
Do you believe those who become saved during the millennium will be in the kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You forgot already that I told you I'm not ever going to make any charts? No wonder you need charts. You can't understand words. You're like the children who need pictures in their books to understand anything.
two apples plus two apples is five apples. Words. Rationale or correct in their assertion?

Which is true, the words or the chart below?

upload_2020-12-7_21-49-39.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
two apples plus two apples is five apples. Words. Rationale or correct in their assertion?

Which is true, the words are the chart below?
I would say that two apples plus two apples is five apples makes more sense and has more truth to it than your doctrine as shown in your charts.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And there it is. You are pre-trib. Maybe your own flavor of pre-trib, but still pre-trib.
Do you want me to say that you have your own flavor of pre-trib? And thus are pre-trib. Just stop with the false assertions of what I believe. If you want to say I don't believe in the post-trib view - then that is fine.

pre-trib mandates that the rapture MUST take place before the 70th week begins. I provided you charts showing the difference between anytime rapture view timing and pre-trib view timing.

upload_2020-12-7_21-58-43.jpeg

upload_2020-12-7_22-0-54.jpeg

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would say that two apples plus two apples is five apples makes more sense and has more truth to it than your doctrine as shown in your charts.
Then you make a chart with all of the end times events of where they fall on a timeline and in relation to each other. ....but it is not going to happen. I realize that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are not going to threaten me. I don't bow down to bullies.
You have to follow the forum rules like everyone else.

You are welcome to say that I am a non-dispensationalist, futurist, anytime rapture view as I say on my screen-name to the left. Non-Denominational.

You are also welcome to say that I am not post trib.

You are also welcome to say that I am not new covenant theology movement, nor new covenant theology movement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How can it be that only martyred trib saints would reign with Christ as priests of God and of Christ when in this passage John said that Jesus, "the prince of the kings of the earth", had already made him and his fellow believers "kings and priests unto God and his Father"? Doesn't this make it clear that all believers reign with Christ and are "priests of God and of Christ"?
Because one group reigns in Paradise and the other on the earth. Not your theology that crams private interpretation into Scripture. One has to rightly divide God's Word and understand how God sees things. God does not use human labels like tribes, Gentiles, Israel when it comes to the church and Paradise, but the kingdom on earth is all the nations and tribes with division. Paradise is just viewed as one in Christ.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Correct charts destroy the erroneous assertions of partial preterist, covenant theology, new covenant theology, amils, Judaism, post trib, and the like, interpretations of the bible. So they hate them. I realize that.

Since your theology differs from that of everyone else, may we refer to it as Dougggism?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you want me to say that you have your own flavor of pre-trib? And thus are pre-trib. Just stop with the false assertions of what I believe.
I don't believe in pre-trib, you do. Once again, I will remind you of what you said since you keep forgetting.

Douggg said:
I believe there will be a great tribulation timeframe of 1335 days, triggered by the placing of the abomination of desolation statue image of the beast on the temple grounds.

You believe the rapture has to occur before a great tribulation time period. That is pre-trib. There isn't just one version of pre-trib out there, so why act act as if there is? You believe in the rapture before a time of tribulation. I don't know what else to call that but pre-trib.

pre-trib mandates that the rapture MUST take place before the 70th week begins.
According to you, but I don't believe that has to be the case. There are other pre-tribs who only see the tribulation as being 3.5 years which is similar to your 1335 day tribulation period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You are welcome to say that I am a non-dispensationalist, futurist, anytime rapture view as I say on my screen-name to the left. Non-Denominational.

You are also welcome to say that I am not new covenant theology movement, nor new covenant theology movement.

I am not breaking any rule. I reserve the right to interpret your theology as I see it. So, keep your threats to yourself. It is clear Pretrib is on the ropes in this discussion.

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So, what do you call the following then:
Douggg said:

Should we call this pre-great trib?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe in pre-trib, you do. Once again, I will remind you of what you said since you keep forgetting.
again, my rapture timing view is the anytime rapture view depicted on the chart below.

upload_2020-12-7_22-44-51.jpeg

You believe the rapture has to occur before a great tribulation time period. That is pre-trib. There isn't just one version of pre-trib out there, so why act act as if there is? You believe in the rapture before a time of tribulation. I don't know what else to call that but pre-trib.

You are inventing a rapture view based on the beginning of the great tribulation. Which Jesus indicated the great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is standing in a holy place. And in Daniel 12:11-12 when the daily sacrifice is stopped and the abomination of desolation "set up"......

and you are calling it pre-trib.

But that is not what the pre-trib rapture mandates. The pre-trib rapture view considers the entire 7 year 70th week as "tribulation". The adherents also assert that 7 year timeframe begins when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty involving Israel.

According to you, but I don't believe that has to be the case. There are other pre-tribs who only see the tribulation as being 3.5 years which is similar to your 1335 day tribulation period.
You need to stop changing my words for sake of argument. The 1335 days is the length of the great tribulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You claim that it's not dispensationalism or pretribulationism or anything else.

So how else would we identify it?
"a" futurist view, as there is a lot of variance between futurists. But I can see your point. Maybe something like "endtimes eventism". If you go with that, I am good with it. My eschatology is "endtimes eventism".

I started this thread (linked) accordingly - Endtimes Eventism

:doh:The kind of things I have to do to keep everyone happy. But it's okay, I have already come up with the name (anytime) for my view of the rapture timing, and the blanket term of the great opposer to Jesus, instead of the Antichrist as a blanket term, as well.

Now everybody off my back, and quit saying things I am not and don't subscribe to, just because you are at war with dispensationalism.

I have given you a box to put me in. Endtimes Eventism. Thanks jgr for insisting. Now you are going to have to deal with it....:clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0