Do some of Trump's critics seem increasingly unhinged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I do feel that BLM exists for fake reasons. And Obama, in his words and actions, supported their creation an existence.

If BLM was serious, they would be discussing a change that would make a tangible difference - black on black crime reduction. As they currently exist, they look, literally, like fools to the rest of us.

The BLM does a fairly good job of managing our public lands here in Arizona....and I am pretty sure it was around far before Obama. : )

• Haha
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I heard of Repubs who voted for Clinton.

Frankly, though, no offence but the internet is pretty much the last place where I would accept anecdotal evidence from anyone. Sorry.
i guess this is is the same issue we all are dealing with - so no offense taken as this is only a friendly discussion anyway

God Bless you my friend

• Friendly
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The BLM does a fairly good job of managing our public lands here in Arizona....and I am pretty sure it was around far before Obama. : )

No, not the Commie Nazis that charge true American freedom fighters illegal fees for grazing cattle on public land. B-L-M the Commie Nazis that think the police should not be allowed to execute Black NRA Members at traffic stops seconds after they tell the officer they are armed.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean when you say "fake" reasons? Do you believe there is a race based delusion occurring in US culture?

No, not the Commie Nazis that charge true American freedom fighters illegal fees for grazing cattle on public land. B-L-M the Commie Nazis that think the police should not be allowed to execute Black NRA Members at traffic stops seconds after they tell the officer they are armed.

As interesting as @Almost there 's opinion on BLM probably is, let's not get too far off topic por favor.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean when you say "fake" reasons? Do you believe there is a race based delusion occurring in US culture?
I mean the reasons they used are based on hype and false naratives. e.g. the "hands up, don't shoot" nonsense that was utterly false. And the false narrative about the epidemic of unarmed black men killed by cops. This one is really damning. The numbers have been going down every year, but the real problem with this is how many, TOTAL happen every year. and it doesn't even take into account that, though unarmed, some of them were looking to get shot via their actions.
This study found race matters in police shootings, but the results may surprise you

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I used the BLM example because it is an example of what you get when you have the kind of rhetoric coming out of the white house that Obama offered. You know, stuff like "The police acted stupidly" regarding a tiny local event that was completely irrelevant - and he was also wrong.

If you think the President's reaction to the, frankly stupid*, treatment of Professor Gates was a direct cause to the formation of BLM, I don't think you really grasp what BLM stands for.

* Arresting a 59 year old college professor who walks with a limp and a cane for being cranky after a long trip and locked out of his house was pretty stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not really. Since the list you gave would be best titled "Things that have happenned while trump has been president" as opposed to things he accomplished.

ps....find a me democrats who LOVE him.

There's a number of new democrat state reps who probably appreciate the boost he gave them in the recent election.

• Winner
Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do Trump's critics seem increasingly unhinged?

Removed the word 'liberal' from the title because, imo, it's not a left or right thing in the unhinged department. I'd also ask that people actually read the article, as the guy doesn't sound like a particular fan of Trump.

Anti-Trump fervor is making liberals far more illiberal. Commentators in the Washington Post and New York Times have called for selective censorship of ideas and doctrines they abhor. A recent Washington Post article touted 38 fixes for democracy including mandating three years of compulsory labor for young people in the military of AmeriCorps-like programs, outlawing private education, punitively punishing gun owners, and vastly increasing redistribution to end racial inequities.

Many Trump opponents are the same type of zealots who, in the late 1700s, proudly labeled themselves “Friends of Government.” In their eyes, Trump’s greatest sin is tarnishing the majesty of the presidency and the federal government. Trump is exposing the sham of a Leviathan Democracy which pretends that presidents will be philosopher kings — instead of merely talented vote catchers. However, Trump cannot be blamed for destroying Americans’ trust in Washington. This was already achieved by presidents such as George W. Bush and Obama who the media occasionally exalted to the skies.

You like Trump? You think he's doing a good job?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I mean the reasons they used are based on hype and false naratives. e.g. the "hands up, don't shoot" nonsense that was utterly false. And the false narrative about the epidemic of unarmed black men killed by cops. This one is really damning. The numbers have been going down every year, but the real problem with this is how many, TOTAL happen every year. and it doesn't even take into account that, though unarmed, some of them were looking to get shot via their actions.
This study found race matters in police shootings, but the results may surprise you
a simulation? Really?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,554.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed due to flaming throughout.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.