Do some of Trump's critics seem increasingly unhinged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
i agree

what are the 4 sides?

God Bless you my friend
political ideology can and is often related to economic ideology, so instead of simple left-right measurment, it really becomes more of a four division cross-hair - where you have left & right but also authoritarian and Libertarian. So the four views become:
Authoritarian Left, Authoritarian Right, Libertarian Left, Libertarian Right

• Informative
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
not true

many of them are republican career politicians - the reason people do not support the gop career politicians but they do support Trump.
“Many” is accurate. Many does not mean “all”. And you are correct that many of his critics are Republicans.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
“Many” is accurate. Many does not mean “all”. And you are correct that many of his critics are Republicans.
yes i agree

this is what makes his election win almost a bipartisan win because people from all sides voted for him - people the polls said would never support him

this is why i started looking at what was going on

i wasn't political until 2-3 months ago - i was a non-political conservative

i've been wondering what this new phenomena is - why did blue people vote for a red president? - why do people from all sides love him? - why do people from all sides hate him? - why is the hate based on his words taken out of context and respun? - why is the love based on what he is actually doing? - why has Trump had a love/hate relationship for these same reasons with politicians and media since he was 27 years old?

these things have caused me to think that something other than what the media says is really going on

God Bless you my friend

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
feels like but the facts say differently

the reason it "feels" like it is that most media focuses on what Trump says in an extremely out of context manner and not on what he actually does - like his accomplishments
Not really. Since the list you gave would be best titled "Things that have happenned while trump has been president" as opposed to things he accomplished.

ps....find a me democrats who LOVE him.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. Since the list you gave would be best titled "Things that have happenned while trump has been president" as opposed to things he accomplished.
True. But in a very real way they are the same thing. The president owns what happens during his presidency, good or bad. And because of his bully pulpit, he has the ability to promote change. e.g. Obama is why we have BLM.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
True. But in a very real way they are the same thing. The president owns what happens during his presidency, good or bad. And because of his bully pulpit, he has the ability to promote change. e.g. Obama is why we have BLM.

So Bush is the reason we have Hurricanes?

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Bush is the reason we have Hurricanes?
Not acts of God or anything else the FedGov has no power over and their input does not affect.

I used the BLM example because it is an example of what you get when you have the kind of rhetoric coming out of the white house that Obama offered. You know, stuff like "The police acted stupidly" regarding a tiny local event that was completely irrelevant - and he was also wrong.

And yes, trump does that sort of thing too. They all do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
The fact that getting people to admit this is like pulling teeth should really say something.

Getting people to admit (agree) that people on both sides of the aisle are unhinged is not really like pulling teeth.

Getting people to agree that critics of a particular politician are unhinged in a tone that paints those particular critics as unique is another thing entirely.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith

ps....find a me democrats who LOVE him.
the dems who love Trump: the ones who voted for him because they are tired of the political and media corruption that has not helped them find jobs - get tax breaks - get health care they can afford - the legal aliens who are thrilled to be living in the safety of a democracy like the usa

saying "the good things that have happened while Trump has been president" is acceptable to me - i personally don't have a problem crediting Trump with the good things that have happened while he has been president

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
the dems who love Trump: the ones who voted for him because they are tired of the political and media corruption that has not helped them find jobs - get tax breaks - get health care they can afford - the legal aliens who are thrilled to be living in the safety of a democracy like the usa
This is insufficient as evidence to me as I haven't heard any dem say anything like this. The "ones who voted for him" voted for him because they hated/didn't want Hillary.
I know of NO dems who actively chose Trump because they thought he was a better candidate.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But not REALLY. When we say a president needs to own something, they need to OWN the ACTIONS that they themselves take.

We don't speak to the calibre of a person unless we can see them making smart decisions, and using sound judgement to create a good result. If something happens that has nothing to do with a person, we don't give them credit for it. Makes no sense.

Just to be clear though: You do not feel BLM has ANY ACTUAL reason to exist and it ONLY exists because of OBama. Right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to be clear though: You do not feel BLM has ANY ACTUAL reason to exist and it ONLY exists because of OBama. Right?
Actually, I do feel that BLM exists for fake reasons. And Obama, in his words and actions, supported their creation an existence.

If BLM was serious, they would be discussing a change that would make a tangible difference - black on black crime reduction. As they currently exist, they look, literally, like fools to the rest of us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is insufficient as evidence to me as I haven't heard any dem say anything like this. The "ones who voted for him" voted for him because they hated/didn't want Hillary.
I know of NO dems who actively chose Trump because they thought he was a better candidate.
i haven't heard any dems say they voted for Trump because they hated Hillary

it seems more likely to me they voted for Trump because he's not a politician - that is the reason i have heard from all sides

the dems could have not voted at all - but imo dems, reps, women, minorities, etc voted for Trump because we are all tired of politicians who serve only themselves and leave us all out in the cold - we are all tired of the swamp no matter what color (red or blue) it is

• Winner
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
i haven't heard any dems say they voted for Trump because they hated Hillary

it seems more likely to me they voted for Trump because he's not a politician - that is the reason i have heard from all sides

the dems could have not voted at all - but imo dems, reps, women, minorities, etc voted for Trump because we are all tired of politicians who serve only themselves and leave us all out in the cold - we are all tired of the swamp no matter what color (red or blue) it is
I heard of Repubs who voted for Clinton.

Frankly, though, no offence but the internet is pretty much the last place where I would accept anecdotal evidence from anyone. Sorry.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Actually, I do feel that BLM exists for fake reasons. And Obama, in his words and actions, supported their creation an existence.
What do you mean when you say "fake" reasons? Do you believe there is a race based delusion occurring in US culture?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.