Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's many times that the New Testament says that it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich people to enter to the kingdom of God.

There is nothing in the scripture that specifically states that rich people cannot enter into Heaven. Understand the intent behind what Jesus said when he said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven.

What Jesus was saying was that because rich men trust in their riches, they think they have no need of God, much less any need to repent of their sins. The rich young ruler who said he wanted to follow Jesus did not follow him because he placed more trust in his wealth than he did in Jesus.

It is the trust in the riches that the wealthy have that keeps them out of Heaven, but let us also remember that Joseph of Arimathea was a man of wealth and yet a disciple of Jesus. Was it not a rich man’s tomb in which the body of Jesus was placed. And was it not from the tomb of a man of wealth that Jesus was raised from the dead?

Wealthy people need Jesus every bit as much as the poor. It’s just that the circumstances of the poor cause them to be more reliant on something higher than themselves and therefore tend to be more receptive to the Gospel than the rich who are not as likely to give the message of the Gospel the time of day because the abundance of their wealth blinds them to their need for God and to their sin.

It takes a lot for a person of wealth and power to place his or her trust in the Lord in comparison to someone who is not a person of wealth. Bear in mind also that Jesus did not condemn wealth in and of itself. He simply said that the trust therein is what keeps the rich out of Heaven, but that doesn’t mean that it is not impossible for a rich person to be persuaded to place their trust in Christ.

But if I were to go to a certain place to preach the Gospel, I would first go out to those whom I know would be the most receptive and they would be the people who are neither wealthy, hold positions of power or influence, nor possess credentials, but if one possessing wealth, power, influence, or any set of credentials were to come to me in their search for God, I certainly am not going to turn them away because Jesus would not.

He died for the sins of all men; rich and poor, renown and unknown, the educated and uneducated, the ruler and the subject, male and female, people of every color, ethnicity, nation, walk of life, of every background and of every age.

Remember also that the early church was also made of people from every walk of life and the Gospel was spread to all people no matter who they were or what their station in life was. Even the Apostles were a diverse lot.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
All people, including the rich, are saved in the Lord (Romans 10:13). Indeed, wealth is a major detriment to salvation as it can be very addictive (Matthew 19:20-22). But, God does the impossible (Matthew 19:26), which is saves us inspite of us. Those of us who are blessed are sternly warned to share more (1 Timothy 6:17). Peace in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
For us, it is not possible of anyone to enter the Kingdom, but with God all things are possible, including entering the Kingdom, yes, even the rich.

I doubt many rich people will enter the kingdom of heaven.

For the following reasons....

They desire and worship the love of money.

They tend to store wealth instead of using it to do good in society and they often oppress/exploit those that are not so wealthy to gain even more wealth.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I doubt many rich people will enter the kingdom of heaven.

For the following reasons....

They desire and worship the love of money.
This is so judgmental I couldn't help but laugh.

I wonder how exactly each of you who are saying things like Steve here actually define "rich". Because chances are if you're engaging in this forum from America... you...are.. rich.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
This is so judgmental I couldn't help but laugh.

I wonder how exactly each of you who are saying things like Steve here actually define "rich". Because chances are if you're engaging in this forum from America... you...are.. rich.

Its true though.

The super wealthy are an abomination to society. Its reached the point now where their greed has let to the point where our planet faces potential destruction through global warming.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Its true though.

The super wealthy are an abomination to society. Its reached the point now where their greed has let to the point where our planet faces potential destruction through global warming.
lol, I needed a good laugh. Seriously, thank you for that.

I bet you’re rich according to world standards, which is why you replied referring to the “super rich”.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, think of it this way.

You are rich.
You love your material possessions.
You love acquiring them.
Your life is focused on your bank account.
You enter a place where there ARE NO material possessions
Only the spiritual ones, the treasures in heaven
That you didn't bother to store up
Or use your material wealth to gather...

...Do you call that place Heaven?

Same thing for someone who centered their lives around passion and lust.
They did not cultivate the desire for God.
They enter a place where there is nothing to lust for
(and possibly nothing to lust WITH)
Just the thing they did not cultivate desire for.

… Do they call that place Heaven?

Another person might learn to love lies (especially about themselves)
And suddenly find themselves in a place where there is ONLY Truth

Would they call that place Heaven?

...Or Hell?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its true though.

If I decided to give you 10 million dollars today....tomorrow, would you now be an abomination to society?

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
If I decided to give you 10 million dollars today....tomorrow, would you now be an abomination to society?

I don't need 10 million dollars and neither do you.

If i had that sort of money i would try to do some good with it. However excessive wealth corrupts you.

Money changes the way we think and behave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
lol, I needed a good laugh. Seriously, thank you for that.

I bet you’re rich according to world standards, which is why you replied referring to the “super rich”.

No i am poor.

I work for a poor wage and someone else gets filthy rich of the back of my labours.

But i take comfort that my riches will be in heaven with the lord when i get there.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are people who make a lot of money that give most of it away. I happen to be a business owner, and a very successful one at that. But I don't work to make money. I work because God said that work is good. God is the one that provides for me and my family. All the wealth that I have is given to me by God, because He is the one that provides.

I work hard because people with character work hard. I do the best I can at work, because it brings glory to God. God decides whether or not my business will continue to succeed. Everything I make is a gift from God and belongs to God.

I take the money that God gives me and use it as wisely and as glorifyingly as possible.

I personally find the sweeping judgments being made by people here to be more a reflection of their poor character than a reflection of truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't need 10 million dollars and neither do you.

If i had that sort of money i would try to do some good with it. However excessive wealth corrupts you.

Money changes the way we think and behave.
I know I dont need it....which is why im offering to give it to you. If you were to accept this gift.....Would you, afterwards, become an abomination to society?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No i am poor.

I work for a poor wage and someone else gets filthy rich of the back of my labours.

But i take comfort that my riches will be in heaven with the lord when i get there.
What if the rich continue to keep the money you make for them, because they know the poor feel that they would become an abomination if they were to share it with them?

You state the it would corrupt you and change the way you think. So arent the rich, doing you a favor by keeping their money and not sharing it with you? Arent they helping your entrance into heaven, and therefore are doing you a good deed?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its true though.

Didn’t one of those “super wealthy” guys just pay off the entire student debt for a college graduating class? Yes, some of the “super wealthy” are greedy, but many are very generous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Didn’t one of those “super wealthy” guys just pay off the entire student debt for a college graduating class? Yes, some of the “super wealthy” are greedy, but many are very generous.

Only a small minority are generous. The wealthiest 10% in the world have more wealth than the whole world combined.

42 people hold as much wealth as the 3.7 billion people who make up the poorer half of the world’s population.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol.

You don't have 10 million dollars to offer mate.
You are right. I have much more than 10 million to offer.... If it makes it more imaginable for you....Lets bring it down to 5 mill. If I give you 5 million... Would you become an abomination to society?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
There are people who make a lot of money that give most of it away. I happen to be a business owner, and a very successful one at that. But I don't work to make money. I work because God said that work is good. God is the one that provides for me and my family. All the wealth that I have is given to me by God, because He is the one that provides.

I work hard because people with character work hard. I do the best I can at work, because it brings glory to God. God decides whether or not my business will continue to succeed. Everything I make is a gift from God and belongs to God.

I take the money that God gives me and use it as wisely and as glorifyingly as possible.

I personally find the sweeping judgments being made by people here to be more a reflection of their poor character than a reflection of truth.

My judgement maybe harsh, but true.

I lost my home a few years back because of an incredibly selfish wealthy person.

Your a good tenant, pay your rent on time,look after the property and after 10 years your landlord decides to thank you by selling the property so he can have even more money and then [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es off to Spain to live in his new villa.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
You are right. I have much more than 10 million to offer.... If it makes it more imaginable for you....Least bring it down to 5 mill. If I give you 5 million... Would you become an abomination to society?

Dollars are no good to me, i am not American.

I would settle for about 4 million dollars which is around 2.5 million pounds.

All i want is enough money to buy a home for my family and to be able to pay the bills and put food on the table.

Would i be an abomination, no cause the money meets my needs.

Upvote 0