Do Protestants believe in the Ten Commandments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of wise guys on this thread...not surprised. My friends, I DO NOT wear jeans to church out of RESPECT for my Lord. I dress every Sunday very nice. I wouldn't be caught dead in jeans in church. You know, Guy doud the Protestant turned Catholic was the one who said his church was "blue jeans preferred". Even he saw the Holy Catholic church and it's members dressed mostly in suits and ties, and nice clothing. Again, it is called RESPECT. Get it?
Whoa!! I dress nice also!!
I wear Jeans, nice shirts, blouses, sweaters(not sweatshirts -but if I do so what , some are very pretty), in the summer I wear nice shorts, capris, and again nice tops, and sandals or whatever.
Who say's Im not dressed nice?
Furthermore Bella, A question for you and only you...

If someone came in off the street, a man or women that wrecked of pee, had ripped clothing, dirty clothing, were dirty themselves, would you move in disgust?
Do you think people like that shouldnt be allowed to come into the churches because they show a lack of respect to God?
What about if a drugged up prostitute or some druggie came in and sat next to you, again, would you move?
(No the person isnt acting all funny-but the way they are dressed and murmuring one can just tell).
Should they be allowed in God's house to Worship? Again there is that lack of respect, they way they are dressed and all.
What kind of dress codes should be allowed? When should the Church turn people away because of the way they are dressed?

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
:eek: Everyday was a Sabbath in the Garden :)

I respectfully disagree. If you read the language in the original texts it says the 7th day was sanctified ( which is set aside for Holy use ), the other days were for dressing the garden and caring for the paradise of God.

Thanks, but I will just wait for the new "land/heaven" after it is purified. :)

That's entirely your purogative. God certainly gave you the choice to serve Him or not as well as to whether or not you will obey His commandments. No man should ever judge you for your decisions.

God Bless you
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That is nice and I even noticed the catholics an etiquette site on how to dress. :)

http://catholicism.about.com/cs/theology/ht/massetiquette.htm

Understanding how to act or knowing what to do during a Catholic Mass can be frustrating especially if you never attended one. Here are some suggestions on what you can do when you attend.
Clothing: People should try to wear their best to Church. Dressing conservative is the key. Men are not required to wear a shirt and tie. Woman should wear a dress, skirt, or slacks. Tank tops and mini skirts are not appropriate.
http://catholicism.about.com/cs/theology/ht/massetiquette.htm

haha, I dont think or hope anyways most wouldnt wear a tanktop or miniskirt to Church ;)
If they did I wouldnt say anything though as they have everyright to be there, maybe one day they'd feel embarrassed though and cover up abit :D

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Um No because they have omitted one..I just wondering why that is?
http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=2&ch=20&l=14&f=s#x

Yeah, it's the same.
2 I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt not have strange gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them: I am the Lord thy God, mighty, jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me:

Upvote 0

Iron Sun 254

Insane Genius
Aug 23, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Visit site
✟20,473.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, bella, but if you're actually trying to claim that every Roman Catholic attends church every Sunday you're either confused or being dishonest.

Take this example to understand.

Person 1, attends church every Sunday dressed in the nicest of clothes and spends the rest of their Sunday watching TV.

Person 2, volunteers every Sunday at a homeless shelter and because of the schedule, often misses church and even when they make it, they're not dressed very nice.

Which of these people is truly honoring God?

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Uhmmm linssue55? I'd like to agree with you, and I think I get what you're saying right up to here:
and right there I got lost. :sorry: care to explain?
tulc(sort of confused) :sigh:
Means without the military protecting us (we would have been taken over long ago) we would not have our precious freedom to learn about the Lord everyday. Instead we would be prisoners to our invaders, like the Jews were for 400 years. God bless our military.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Means without the military protecting us (we would have been taken over long ago) we would not have our precious freedom to learn about the Lord everyday. Instead we would be prisoners to our invaders, like the Jews were for 400 years. God bless our military.
Having 2 large oceans on each side of us kind of helps also. :D

Upvote 0

Kristin364

Jul 5, 2005
Minnesota
✟15,396.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Wow this thread is intense. Why is the original question aimed at protestants? I know a LOT of Roman Catholics who do not attend church every Sunday (or Saturday, whatever). I know a LOT of Protestants who attend church EVERY WEEK without fail. I don't think that there is any substance to this discussion.

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I respectfully disagree. If you read the language in the original texts it says the 7th day was sanctified ( which is set aside for Holy use ), the other days were for dressing the garden and caring for the paradise of God.

God Bless you
Jim Larmore

In the creation story the 7th day was the only day where the end isn't specified. Like it is for other days like day 6 '31And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day."

I don't think you will find any record in Genesis that anyone other than God rested on the 7th day.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the creation story the 7th day was the only day where the end isn't specified. Like it is for other days like day 6 '31And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day."

I don't think you will find any record in Genesis that anyone other than God rested on the 7th day.
That is my view.

1 And the heavens and the land are being finished/kalah and all hosts of them.
2 And 'Elohiym is finishing/kalah in Day, the Seventh, work/m@la'kah of Him which He makes/`asah, and He is ceasing/shabath in day of the seventh from all of work of Him which He makes/`asah
3 And 'Elohiym is hallowing Day of the Seventh, and He is hallowing him, that in him He ceases/shabath from all work of Him which 'Elohiym creates/bara', to make/`asah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Means without the military protecting us (we would have been taken over long ago) we would not have our precious freedom to learn about the Lord everyday. Instead we would be prisoners to our invaders, like the Jews were for 400 years.
Ahhh! ok I think I get it now (not sure I agree but that would be another thread! :)

God bless our military.
:amen:
tulc(on that we agree!) ;)

Upvote 0

bella1955

Dec 31, 2006
✟366.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm sorry, bella, but if you're actually trying to claim that every Roman Catholic attends church every Sunday you're either confused or being dishonest.

Take this example to understand.

Person 1, attends church every Sunday dressed in the nicest of clothes and spends the rest of their Sunday watching TV.

Person 2, volunteers every Sunday at a homeless shelter and because of the schedule, often misses church and even when they make it, they're not dressed very nice.

Which of these people is truly honoring God?

Ironsun, how would you know? Your not a Catholic! And yes, all Catholics I know, and in which I see the same faces EVERY Sunday attend church in their nicest of clothes out of respect for our Lord. Our churches are packed and we have Mass 4 times on a Sunday and twice on Saturday. You can volunteer any other day of the week. Christ prefers you to attend Mass on Sunday whether you acknowledge this or not. Remember, "KEEP THE SABBATH HOLY", and we Catholics do exactly that..

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But as explained to you UMPTEEN times this thread Bella - The Sabbath is a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Alow me to repeat that so you can't say no one hasn't made it quite clear to you:

The Sabbath is a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Now, is that clear for everyone reading the thread?

Yes? Good.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
But as explained to you UMPTEEN times this thread Bella - The Sabbath is a Saturday, not a Sunday.

Alow me to repeat that so you can't say no one hasn't made it quite clear to you:

Now, is that clear for everyone reading the thread?

Yes? Good.

God gives us one day at a time in this church age. There is no saturday or sunday (the first day of our week) in the church age. We are to learn and worship doctrine everyday. Churches should teach everyday of the week.

THE SABBATH IS EVERYDAY!!!

Reactions: Eila
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is everyday?

Sorry, scripture disagrees.

In Hebrews 4 when it is talking about Sabbath rest it mentions that Today is the day of rest.

"4For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS"; 5and again in this passage, "THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST."
6Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience,
7He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before,
"TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS."
8For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that.
9So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God."

Our Sabbath rest is everyday now!!

Reactions: linssue55
Upvote 0
When we stand before God on Judgement day, will he be asking did you wear your very best clothes to church? I don't think so. You cannot show ONE scripture text that says a woman must only wear a skirt/dress to church. The sad thing is some (hypocrites) who pushes that, dress immodestly other days during the week and thinks it's ok. :sigh: (not saying you do)

God will be asking though, did we have the clean & pure heart he commands, did we love our brothers & enemies as ourselves, (more scripture that deals with that than dress) did we share the gospel of Christ with others & did we encourage, exhort others in their walk with Christ.

What you are asking, is a question that the Jewish leaders (Pharisees) asked of Jesus. It was about the law/rules with them, when there is sooo much more to it. Being a christian is soooo much more than rules but a true relationship with God & living life daily that's pleasing and honoring to him. It's also about sharing the gospel of Christ with others and encouraging others in their walk with Christ.

Instead of asking if a person goes to church on a certain day or wear a certain type of clothing, how about encouraging them in their walk with Christ.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we stand before God on Judgement day, will he be asking did you wear your very best clothes to church? I don't think so. You cannot show ONE scripture text that says a woman must only wear a skirt/dress to church. The sad thing is some (hypocrites) who pushes that, dress immodestly other days during the week and thinks it's ok. :sigh: (not saying you do)

God will be asking though, did we have the clean & pure heart he commands, did we love our brothers & enemies as ourselves, (more scripture that deals with that than dress) did we share the gospel of Christ with others & did we encourage, exhort others in their walk with Christ.

What you are asking, is a question that the Jewish leaders (Pharisees) asked of Jesus. It was about the law/rules with them, when there is sooo much more to it. Being a christian is soooo much more than rules but a true relationship with God & living life daily that's pleasing and honoring to him. It's also about sharing the gospel of Christ with others and encouraging others in their walk with Christ.

Instead of asking if a person goes to church on a certain day or wear a certain type of clothing, how about encouraging them in their walk with Christ.

One of the best posts on CF!! :clap:
tulc(well said!) ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.