Do males like receiving Flowers?

Do you think males like receiving flowers?

• Yes

• No

• Who cares

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think it depends on the guy. A lot think of flowers as a girly kind of gift, because thats the traditional gift guys give to to girls. But I know some guys who love flowers. With my ex, if I wanted to make his day, all I had to do was buy him flowers - although an actual potted flower. He would rave about it for months afterwards. but he was a gardener, and that was his passion. so it made sense.

never tried giving him a bouquet of flowers. that might've been interesting :mmh:

I think if you don't know how he'd react, then just take him out for coffee or dinner or give him a giftcard for somehting you know he'd like.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think if the guy isn't one of the "anti-feminine" type then he'll like the flowers and be happy because you did such a sweet thing. I mean, I don't like flowers but if a guy gave me flowers I'd be pretty happy. ^_^

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've known guys who like flowers. Just depends on the person.

At the moment I'm taking a plant diversity class, which basically involves a 50 specimen plant collection and looking at tiny details to differentiate between flower families, genera and species in a key to species that is 4 inches thick and about 5 pounds.

If a guy gets me flowers at this point, I swear I will shoot him. I could never see another flower again and be happy.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The reason why I ask is because I like a guy, but I can tell that he's not happy much. I would like to send him flowers so when he sees them he WILL smile. Any ideas or think this is a DUMB idea? Be honest even its mean I'll accept honestly :)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post

It's a double edged sword. One the one hand, he'll be overjoyed to know that you like him. On the other hand...he'll probably bawl his face off because eventually those flowers will wilt and die....like everything else he touches. And then he'll wonder why, why, whyyyyy. And then he'll start wondering if maybe you're affection for him died with the flowers. Maybe that's what he was watching all the time. Fruitlessly dumping water on them in vain to give them some extra level of sustenance they withered and shriveled up like clams. His own hands will have destroyed them...and he wont' deserve to live anymore...not with his own murderous hands. And then he'll...

So anyway as you can see it's a bad idea.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Q

Quoth

While I view giving a guy flowers as an unconventional thing, if that's how a woman tells me of her affections, I would gladly take them and appreciate them. However, I would probably not do more with them than put them in a vase of water and let them sit until they've passed on. I'd be more focused on the fact that (for once in my life) a woman actually likes me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've given a guy a Bonsai (sp?) plant. You know, like the one from the Karate Kid.

But never flowers. That seems girly to me.

I would rather give a guy a pie or brownies or a new shirt. The last one mostly for my own benefit but hey, me being happy should make him happy too ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinkstars86

May 5, 2010
Kentucky
✟15,272.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think there's a huge difference between a plant and actual bouquets of flowers. A plant is not girly and if they're big nature people or plant officianados a plant would be kinda cool. But only if they're into that stuff. Otherwise again, prob will be weirded out. Either way I STILL go with food. :)

Upvote 0