Do Democrats Have A Better Chance in 2024 Having Lost The House?

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From a crass political perspective, IMO, Democrats are much better off for 2024 without control of the House.

1) With full control for 4 years, I suspect that more would want a change. This would hurt most in the Seante where 23 Democratic seats are up.

2) It is not clear that the Democratic "progressives" will be controllable without Pelosi.

3) One more vote in the Senate does really help much for legislation. Manchin would just need a buddy. There are several that think that Biden has gone far enough on partisan bills. Much needs to be passed, but with Republican support (e.g. DACA, child care credit, drug treatment and enforcement).

4) And then, there is the spectacle in the House. Our citizens will well understand what it means to have Republican leadership: government shutdowns, reduced Social Security, reduced Medicare, reduced Medicaid, reduced aid for Ukraine, and so much more.

The goals of Republican leadership in the Senate may be acceptable to a majority of voters, or to voters in key districts. The House is the House.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
too much depends on the presidential candidates, which are in flux atm.

Trump has declared, and Biden has declared unofficially, but so much can happen to either of them along the way that we could end up with totally different candidates. There is a very non-zero chance that one or both of them die. One is over 80 and the other thinks exercise kills you. This is I would honestly be shocked if either of them is around for 28, and that will be on the mind of voters. Few if any dems are enthusiastic about the idea of Harris as president, but they could hold their nose if Trump takes on MTG as his running mate.

There are just too many variables and until the field clears a bit, it is hard to predict what 2024 will bring for the house. We know who 2 of the candidates could be, but not who may challenge them, and who they (biden) may step aside for.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From a crass political perspective, IMO, Democrats are much better off for 2024 without control of the House.

1) With full control for 4 years, I suspect that more would want a change. This would hurt most in the Seante where 23 Democratic seats are up.

2) It is not clear that the Democratic "progressives" will be controllable without Pelosi.

3) One more vote in the Senate does really help much for legislation. Manchin would just need a buddy. There are several that think that Biden has gone far enough on partisan bills. Much needs to be passed, but with Republican support (e.g. DACA, child care credit, drug treatment and enforcement).

4) And then, there is the spectacle in the House. Our citizens will well understand what it means to have Republican leadership: government shutdowns, reduced Social Security, reduced Medicare, reduced Medicaid, reduced aid for Ukraine, and so much more.

The goals of Republican leadership in the Senate may be acceptable to a majority of voters, or to voters in key districts. The House is the House.
I think the Dems are going to be very very sorry they started the investigation game in the House, what went around is about to come around and it is not going to be pretty for them

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I think the Dems are going to be very very sorry they started the investigation game in the House, what went around is about to come around and it is not going to be pretty for them

I don’t believe you don’t remember the countless futile Benghazi investigations the Republicans led. Even by the end Kevin McCarthy admitted it was just to hurt Clinton’s political aspirations. The Republicans started this carousel.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whitewater, Benghazi, Horowitz, Durham

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don’t believe you don’t remember the countless futile Benghazi investigations the Republicans led. Even by the end Kevin McCarthy admitted it was just to hurt Clinton’s political aspirations. The Republicans started this carousel.
I remember how many Americans were left to die in Benghazi, I also remember Clinton saying "what difference does it make" I remember that the lie about the cause of the Benghazi was formulated and supported by the Obama administration, too bad some people forget the facts so quickly

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the content on the laptop belonging to Hunter Biden, Gosh who could the big guy be that was to get 10% of the action.
HB is less than stellar but what of that 10%? What is the evidence that Biden ever knew let alone agreed to any deal? What was the “action”?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They started the investigation game? Hillary says hello.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember how many Americans were left to die in Benghazi, I also remember Clinton saying "what difference does it make" I remember that the lie about the cause of the Benghazi was formulated and supported by the Obama administration, too bad some people forget the facts so quickly
So they needed 5 completely different House investigations? Done at different times (the last investigation in 2016 and, again, Republicans actually stated it was done solely to hurt Clinton's election chances), despite all of them showing no wrongdoing. This doesn't include any other investigations done, such as the ones by the Senate. The first hearing was appropriate, the last four were Republicans playing "the investigation game" and, from what I can recall, there has been no similar retaliation by Democrats.

Just to be clear, there was 1 House investigation into "Russian collusion" and it was done by the Republican controlled House; you can't even blame Democrats for that one. There was 1 House investigation into the whistle blower report over the Ukrainian phone call. There has been 1 House investigation into the events of Jan 6, 2021. There was cause for each of those investigations, regardless of your belief into the guilt or innocence of any individual. Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm failing to see where Democrats have played the "investigation game," particularly in the manner that Republicans have.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bobulinsky has made the rounds of the right wing talk shows - how much is he getting paid? While it is true that he alleges that Hunter had planned to a "set aside" 10% of something, it has not been proven that Joe Biden knew anything about this or that it was ever done. So that is pretty much nothing more than a disgruntled partner trying to save his own skin.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So they needed 5 completely different House investigations? Done at different times (the last investigation in 2016 and, again, Republicans actually stated it was done solely to hurt Clinton's election chances), despite all of them showing no wrongdoing. This doesn't include any other investigations done, such as the ones by the Senate. The first hearing was appropriate, the last four were Republicans playing "the investigation game" and, from what I can recall, there has been no similar retaliation by Democrats.

Just to be clear, there was 1 House investigation into "Russian collusion" and it was done by the Republican controlled House; you can't even blame Democrats for that one. There was 1 House investigation into the whistle blower report over the Ukrainian phone call. There has been 1 House investigation into the events of Jan 6, 2021. There was cause for each of those investigations, regardless of your belief into the guilt or innocence of any individual. Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm failing to see where Democrats have played the "investigation game," particularly in the manner that Republicans have.
Investigations are a good thing we need all the House investigations that can possibly be done, I can hardly wait for the results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bobulinsky has made the rounds of the right wing talk shows - how much is he getting paid? While it is true that he alleges that Hunter had planned to a "set aside" 10% of something, it has not been proven that Joe Biden knew anything about this or that it was ever done. So that is pretty much nothing more than a disgruntled partner trying to save his own skin.
Yes move along nothing to see here. Until the investigation begins then there is plenty to see.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes move along nothing to see here. Until the investigation begins then there is plenty to see.
Nothing but a bunch of showboating. If there were any there there, we would have heard all about it by now from Mr. Giuliani, Mr. Trump, Mr. Bannon and Mr. Stone. They have complete access to the backups, so they must know everything already. Why would they be shy about it?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Investigations are a good thing we need all the House investigations that can possibly be done, I can hardly wait for the results.
Then we should never hear another complaint from you about any House investigation into former Pres. Trump or Republicans in general. In fact, with this attitude, you shouldn't complain about any DoJ investigation, or state investigation, into former Pres. Trump -- the more investigations the better, right?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nothing but a bunch of showboating. If there were any there there, we would have heard all about it by now from Mr. Giuliani, Mr. Trump, Mr. Bannon and Mr. Stone. They have complete access to the backups, so they must know everything already. Why would they be shy about it?
The Media decides what you hear or do not hear.

Upvote 0