Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Speaking of watching elections in Democratic-run areas... also from Trump's Iowa tour.

Trump Says He’d Win California and New York If Only Jesus and God ‘Came Down’ To Oversee Election

“I actually believe that if they didn’t have rigged elections out there, if they didn’t have all the paper bal– you know, they send out like 36 million ballots and nobody knows where the [heck] they’re going to or coming from. I think a few people know where they’re going to and a few people know where they’re coming from,” said Trump about California.

“But I think if you had a real election and Jesus came down and God came down and said, I’m going to be the scorekeeper here, I think we would win there,” said Trump. “I think would win in Illinois, and I think it would win in New York, which is all places that, in theory -- [wild applause]”

My offering for when he loses those states:
1701720478685.png

Sigh, yeah. Does anyone have Jesus' phone number?

I think the South Park kids do. They once got him to help rescue Santa after his sleigh was shot down over Baghdad.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God AND Jesus? Maybe he's unaware of the Holy Spirit. Or maybe he's an Arrian heretic and does not believe Jesus was God the Son. Or maybe he just ignorant of the Trinity.

To be easy on Mr. Trump -- it is a hard doctrine to keep in one's head. It's one of those that you can convince yourself you understand and then the moment you stop concentrating it falls back in to the natural place of a father and a son, which just makes a lot more sense based on ordinary experience.
But then, God (The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit) are not and never were citizens of the Unites States of America and therefore have no say in our elections.

I think he's looking for divine intervention to cheat for him. There is no other way he can think that California would go for him.

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's a sad admission that you've reached 'banana republic' status.

The US regularly has international observers for its major elections. And has so for decades.

The OSCE has deployed a special observer mission for every US major and mid-term election since 2002.
Democracy Volunteers, a UK based group, has observed a number of recent US elections.
The Organization of American States was invited to observe to 2020 election.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The US regularly has international observers for its major elections. And has so for decades.

The OSCE has deployed a special observer mission for every US major and mid-term election since 2002.
Democracy Volunteers, a UK based group, has observed a number of recent US elections.
The Organization of American States was invited to observe to 2020 election.
That's a surprise to me. I've not heard of it before. Did none of those organisations have any input into the claims of election fraud? After checking, I found a few articles on them, One on the OSCE here: International Observers Monitor Midterm Elections in US

'The OSCE, based in Austria and which has been monitoring U.S. elections since 2002, sent nearly 200 observers to eight states and the District of Columbia for the midterm elections.

Several voters interviewed outside the Durant Arts Center polling station in Alexandria expressed mixed feelings about international observers showing up in their neighborhood.

"I suppose it's a little disconcerting that Americans, who are supposed to be the bastion of democracy, need election observers. But I'd rather have them than not," said Ed Schatz, an environmental lawyer.'

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's a surprise to me. I've not heard of it before. Did none of those organisations have any input into the claims of election fraud?

OCSE was SCATHING of Trump and the Republican party, particularly about the strategy of intentionally sowing of distrust in the electorate concerning the result. OAS was critical too, but much more obliquely.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of watching elections in Democratic-run areas... also from Trump's Iowa tour.

Trump Says He’d Win California and New York If Only Jesus and God ‘Came Down’ To Oversee Election

“I actually believe that if they didn’t have rigged elections out there, if they didn’t have all the paper bal– you know, they send out like 36 million ballots and nobody knows where the [heck] they’re going to or coming from. I think a few people know where they’re going to and a few people know where they’re coming from,” said Trump about California.

“But I think if you had a real election and Jesus came down and God came down and said, I’m going to be the scorekeeper here, I think we would win there,” said Trump. “I think would win in Illinois, and I think it would win in New York, which is all places that, in theory -- [wild applause]”
The term for it is "name dropping"
Name-dropping (or name-checking) is the practice of naming or alluding to important or famous people and institutions within a conversation, story, song, online identity, or other communication in order to subtly indicate one's association with them. The term often connotes an attempt to impress others

He obviously feels the need to remind his followers that he is supposedly on team Jesus, he thinks it will get them excited, and more importantly, excited about him, their god warrior.

Invoking the name of Christ for political self gain.

Others talk about God and Jesus with regards to giving thanks or praise, D Trump invokes them to work for him, so that he can win the election and become the most powerful person in USA. They are now integrated into his BIG LIE. Nice one Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Per his perfect find me votes phone call he won every state in the last presidential election.

• Informative
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see one small splinter of truth in Trump's quoted statements: Maybe it's time for an outside observer to be brought in for our next presidential election.
As far as I am aware the USA election has insignificant levels of fraud, thus actual fraud is not a significant problem.
The problem is that you have certain politicians spreading the lie that the election is rigged with massive amounts of fraud.

Despite his failure to present any evidence of fraud and despite his 60+ failures in court, and despite his top lawyer being quoted as telling the court that he wasn't bringing a case of fraud to the court. Trump's fan base believe whatever Trump tells them.

Bringing in Jesus or outside observers isn't going to make the USA elections more secure with less fraud. Trump is using this rhetoric simply to instill fear in his base, to associate himself with Jesus (in an attempt to excite his evangelical supporters), and to build up to a new campaign of complaining about rigged elections and trying to get Republican officials to ignore the vote of the people and to simply vote D Trump regardless of who wins the people's vote.

Really, the only way to address the problem of perceived poor election integrity is to have politicians not lie about fraud. Fat chance getting D Trump to show integrity and grace and to do the "right" thing for the sake of the safety and stability of USA.

• Agree
Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, told his supporters on Saturday to "go into" Philadelphia and two other Democratic-run cities to "guard the vote" in 2024, repeating his unfounded claims of widespread election fraud in 2020 as justification for the call to action.

"So the most important part of what's coming up is to guard the vote. And you should go into Detroit and you should go into Philadelphia and you should go into some of these places, Atlanta," Trump said in Ankeny, a suburb of Des Moines.

Timothy Naftali, a senior research scholar at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs, said Trump's comments calling for scrutiny of elections in large Democratic-controlled cities were concerning because he made them while seeking to undermine trust in U.S. elections.

"We are in a very volatile period in our democracy," Naftali said. "If he is seeking to increase trust in our system, he should be more explicit. But what he said today was in the context of his mistrust of our system."
Democracy is not for everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see one small splinter of truth in Trump's quoted statements: Maybe it's time for an outside observer to be brought in for our next presidential election. I don't think Jesus is available, but perhaps a team from Canada or one of our other neighbors. It's embarrassing to say, because I'm not used to thinking of American elections in this way, but if we're going to have partisan teams "guarding" the election, and then the Philadelphia police guarding the "guards" to make sure they don't interfere with voting too much, maybe we need international election observers who clearly don't belong to any American political party.
I can just see the hysteria that being monitored by an outside agency would cause.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evaluating which ones are OK you mean like ensuring that only people on voter rolls vote?
And not wantonly deleting people from certain districts willy-nilly. Some GOP election boards have withdrawn from ERIC in favor of a rival system being sold which is not yet developed or reliably functional.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Per his perfect find me votes phone call he won every state in the last presidential election.
"Raffensperger: Mr. President, the problem you have with social media, they — people can say anything.

Trump: Oh this isn't social media. This is Trump media. It's not social media. It's really not it's not social media. I don't care about social media. I couldn't care less. Social media is Big Tech. Big Tech is on your side. I don't even know why you have a side, because you should want to have an accurate election. And you're a Republican."

There is a disconnect somewhere, and I suspect it is somewhere in Trump's head.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As far as I am aware the USA election has insignificant levels of fraud, thus actual fraud is not a significant problem.

I agree: The problem is not actual fraud, but widespread belief in fraud.

Spreading a belief in fraud (when no significant fraud has occurred) is more damaging to US democracy than the presidency of any particular person would be.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And not wantonly deleting people from certain districts willy-nilly. Some GOP election boards have withdrawn from ERIC in favor of a rival system being sold which is not yet developed or reliably functional.
Georgia passed a law that anyone can file unlimited challenges to names on the voter rolls. Their goal is to purge the rolls of everyone they think might vote for the Dems or against Donald.

Upvote 0