St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And yours is too broad ( broad is the way to destruction) see I can use scripture out of context too.
Yeah, I noticed that already.

What I mean is the principles of God are not adversarial nor disconnected, but rather complementary. In other words God doesn't turn off part of His nature in one situation and turn in on in another... but it doesn't really matter, clearly this is way over your head... btw, I'd consider changing your avatar. Not good to people the wrong idea.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why won't you answer my questions that I asked with corresponding scriptures?

I can't tell you the exact page number in the bible you are holding... you claim to be a pastor...I expect you to know scriptures. I'm not a pastor but I know scriptures. I'm just an electrician...I in no way could claim such holy status you are claiming but for whatever reason you don't seem to recognize the scriptures.

That’s my point the things you are claiming are not in the Bible that’s why I am asking you to provide the Scriptures with chapter and verse numbers.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Court of public opinion is usually wrong.

So I never follow it.
But there are many people here on this forum that have PHDs and lots and lots of knowledge of scriptures and the faith we hold most dear. (And even more idiots of the faith too)

And we, who are asking you to stop, do more research on a subject that you obviously don't really know are trying to look out for YOUR best interests. God has his opinions...I suggest that you learn more about them.

You have continuously not provided scripture for any of your assertions you have made through all your responses. I think you should take your own advice and study the Bible more, you clearly do not understand it.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What I mean is the principles of God are not adversarial nor disconnected, but rather complementary. In other words God doesn't turn off part of His nature in one situation and turn in on in another... but it doesn't really matter, clearly this is way over your head... btw, I'd consider changing your avatar. Not good to people the wrong idea.

How has God ever changed if we are adulterous to God And follow other gods or if we reject his son Jesus and divorce him essentially will God forgive us

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s my point the things you are claiming are not in the Bible that’s why I am asking you to provide the Scriptures with chapter and verse numbers.

I have provided direct scripture quotes. Why don't you know the scriptures?

Sure I've mentioned other things...but that has no bearing on the scriptures I've quoted that you still refuse to recognize or simply don't know.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If we commit adultery against God by serving other gods or if we commit adultery against Jesus by following another spiritual husband will God forgive us?

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have provided direct scripture quotes. Why don't you know the scriptures?

Sure I've mentioned other things...but that has no bearing on the scriptures I've quoted that you still refuse to recognize or simply don't know.

Quote Them again then and stop beating around the bush you’ve argued about not providing scriptures in your last six responses.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus was not a scholar he was a simple carpenter and Peter couldn’t even read and write and he was the leader of the church. So if these men came today you wouldn’t believe them either because you are looking for scholars .
You need to look up the definition of the word "Rabbi".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Try only reading the bible. Other people’s interpretations confuse what the bible is saying with clever arguments in Greek lol.
A 'pastor' who is willing to ignore the Greek text of the New Testament in favor of a mistranslated English text is dubious. Are you claiming to read the Bible only in the 'original KJV' delivered straight from heaven?

You claim the exception in Matthew is for adultery. The problem is that the Greek word for 'adultery' is not used in the text. Instead, a rather enigmatic word with lots of possible meanings is found in Matthew. You don't know the specific meaning of that word in context. You seem to only be aware of what a particular English translation uses. The English word use of the Bible is not inerrant. The Greek word use is, but it still requires careful determination to figure out what it really means.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No I’m saying the Greek translation of a word must flow with the life of Jesus and his disciples or else the Greek argument is wrong. It must also flow with other scriptures in the bible.
It is the ENGLISH translation of a word that must flow. Maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't. The Greek is the original. The English is only an attempt to make sense of the original. The English is not God breathed but only an attempt at translating what was God breathed in Greek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How has God ever changed if we are adulterous to God And follow other gods or if we reject his son Jesus and divorce him essentially will God forgive us
What I am saying has nothing to do with this. Clearly it is too difficult for you to grasp. That's OK, you go ahead and keep shouting at the clouds.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A 'pastor' who is willing to ignore the Greek text of the New Testament in favor of a mistranslated English text is dubious. Are you claiming to read the Bible only in the 'original KJV' delivered straight from heaven?

You claim the exception in Matthew is for adultery. The problem is that the Greek word for 'adultery' is not used in the text. Instead, a rather enigmatic word with lots of possible meanings is found in Matthew. You don't know the specific meaning of that word in context. You seem to only be aware of what a particular English translation uses. The English word use of the Bible is not inerrant. The Greek word use is, but it still requires careful determination to figure out what it really means.

He isn't using the KJV (Oxford Cambridge translation)
I'm not sure which translation he is using.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thanks. Seems to think the English came before the Greek though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I am saying has nothing to do with this. Clearly it is too difficult for you to grasp. That's OK, you go ahead and keep shouting at the clouds.
Adultery is adultery what I’m saying is if we commit adultery against God will he forgive us so then why do you think that he would tell a husband that he hast to stay with a wife who has committed adultery. I can’t see how you can’t make the connection.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the ENGLISH translation of a word that must flow. Maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't. The Greek is the original. The English is only an attempt to make sense of the original. The English is not God breathed but only an attempt at translating what was God breathed in Greek.

The original was actually spoken in Aramaic but written in Greek so the God breathed scripture was actually spoken by Jesus in Aramaic what I’m saying is Greek or English it must flow with the rest of the scriptures in the Bible and the example of Jesus and the disciples.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adultery is adultery what I’m saying is if we commit adultery against God will he forgive us so then why do you think that he would tell a husband that he hast to stay with a wife who has committed adultery. I can’t see how you can’t make the connection.

So...this has something to do with another theological position you are holding onto desperately and you can't see your way past it to even look at what we are saying...

Gotcha.

Hosea doesn't exist in your Bible?

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m saying Greek or English no matter what the language it must flow with the rest of the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I’m saying that Joseph seems to understand the exception very clearly as the Bible states he is a righteous man and he was going to divorce Mary over adultery even though this was not the case.

Upvote 0