Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This thread seems to be more about a clash of spirits than anything else...

My expectation of fruitful exchange is rather low...
Starting to agree.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter didn't say that about Paul. Paul was a serious academic and his teachings were hard to understand - yet they were from God.
Paul in the matter of dietary and circumcision issues had to defer to Peter. At the end of the day all understanding about Jesus had to be aligned with peters understanding Who was a Illiterate. Also Paul’s scholarly ambitions is what got him in trouble in the first place it’s his Pharisee traditions that had him killing Christians and standing by holding the coats while Stephen was stoned to death, it’s not his scholarly acumen that made him the apostle he was but rather his repentance.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See, that wasn't so hard was it?

Part of what you posted was if a man divorces a woman NOT because of adultery and she remarried, she is committing adultery. That puts her (and him) into bondage to one another and to the law, which Jesus continually set people free from and never enslaved them into.
Yes I believe that if a man divorces his wife and she did not commit adultery that This is wrong as he is causing her to commit adultery and he is committing adultery if he remarries.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul in the matter of dietary and circumcision issues had to defer to Peter. At the end of the day all understanding about Jesus had to be aligned with peters understanding Who was a Illiterate.

Can you explain Gal 2:11-

when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he https://biblehub.com/nasb_/galatians/2.htm#fnstood condemned. 12For prior to the coming of some men from [j]James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and separate himself, fearing those from the circumcision. 13The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14But when I saw that they were not [k]straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, “If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews?[l]

15“We are Jews by nature and not sinners from the Gentiles; 16nevertheless, knowing that a person is not justified by works of [m]the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of [n]the Law; since by works of [o]the Law no [p]flesh will be justified.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the end of Chapter 13 in Matthew?
Where Jesus said that basically he would speak plainly to the apostles but only in parables to Pharisees and grammitons.

Doesn't chapter 19 come after 13?
You are now speaking of parables versus straight talking not two different messages.

Upvote 0

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You sure you want to continue?

You aren't doing so well. I've buried you in scriptures and you haven't even begun to dig your way out yet...

I was so hoping for a good debate...there is an argument to be made in favor of your position but you haven't gotten anywhere close to it yet. *Sigh *
I think you’re a little delusional you have not provided any scriptures please provide Scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ashley Amos

May 25, 2020
Edmonton
Visit site
✟6,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Th
I'm guessing that he went home for the night...he wasn't doing well anyway.

Maybe tomorrow after a good night sleep.
That is your opinion but to date you have provided no Scriptures at all to back up your position. That’s my opinion.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Th

That is your opinion but to date you have provided no Scriptures at all to back up your position. That’s my opinion.
So while you have decided to preach Jesus the Merciless...and don't seem to understand much yet.
Who was Jesus talking to in the 19th chapter? Keeping in mind what He says at the end of the 13th chapter?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Nice to have you with us...

I would love to engage you on a thread concerning the order of Melchizedek if you have time...

O'Boy,I would have to read up on it.

But sure, I have the time, this dark time of year is ideal for study.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am being a bit naughty really - last time I shared this topic with a Jewish backpacker he pleaded that I should not pray for Him as he was not ready to embrace the life changing truth he was seeing trough this important teaching. Melchizedek trumps both Moses and Abraham - the question is - who was He ???

Lets chat on another thread when you are ready...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I believe that if a man divorces his wife and she did not commit adultery that This is wrong as he is causing her to commit adultery and he is committing adultery if he remarries.
And that would put her in bondage to him, and to the law, yet Jesus came to set the captives free... he who the son sets free... So this IS contrary to Jesus' nature.

Now, there is a circumstance where you are right and it would be considered adultery, but understanding the difference requires close examination.

• Winner
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I am being a bit naughty really - last time I shared this topic with a Jewish backpacker he pleaded that I should not pray for Him as he was not ready to embrace the life changing truth he was seeing trough this important teaching. Melchizedek trumps both Moses and Abraham - the question is - who was He ???

Lets chat on another thread when you are ready...

I have never noticed a life changing experience when reciting Psalms 110.

It refers to Abraham the whole Psalm.

v 4,
The Lord has sworn and will not regret:
"You shall be a Priest forever, just as Melchizek."

Shem, the Priesthood and Kingship that was given to him.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0