Mount Juliet
✟83,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I had a guy (theologian) in college tell me the earth was, at one time, surrounded by a thick layer of water vapor. This water vapor also served to block out much of the radiation, which allowed people to live much longer due to the lack of radiation from the sun. Then one day, all the water vapor fell to the earth..in essence...causing the great flood.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a guy (theologian) in college tell me the earth was, at one time, surrounded by a thick layer of water vapor. This water vapor also served to block out much of the radiation, which allowed people to live much longer due to the lack of radiation from the sun. Then one day, all the water vapor fell to the earth..in essence...causing the great flood.

I've said this numerous times over numerous threads here. The water vapour kept the earth at an even warm temperature allowing for great growth(mega flora) and long life. After the canopy fell at the flood the earth was exposed to space radiation and more UV light. Volcanoes erupted across the earth during the flood throwing a huge amount of ash into the atmosphere which caused an ice age directly after the flood. Add to that man's misuse of the environment and we end up where we are now with temperature extremes, growing natural disasters and global warming.

Upvote 0

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I've said this numerous times over numerous threads here. The water vapour kept the earth at an even warm temperature allowing for great growth(mega flora) and long life. After the canopy fell at the flood the earth was exposed to space radiation and more UV light. Volcanoes erupted across the earth during the flood throwing a huge amount of ash into the atmosphere which caused an ice age directly after the flood. Add to that man's misuse of the environment and we end up where we are now with temperature extremes, growing natural disasters and global warming.

Seems they have given up on the water vapour canopy idea as being feasible.
The Collapse of the Canopy Model
Explaining the Flood without the Canopy

Higher atmospheric pressure pre-flood make more sense:

{QUOTE}
Then, while reading an article about Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy for treating injuries, a possible answer came in a bolt of inspiration: Could it be that the reason men lived longer in pre-flood days was because the Earth's atmospheric pressure was considerably higher back then and that man was originally made to thrive in a higher-pressure, higher oxygen concentrated atmospheric environment?

In Hyperbaric therapy, a person is placed in a pressurized chamber and the air pressure is increased 1 to 2 times that of normal sea level atmospheric pressure (14.7 psi). Under the increased air pressure more oxygen gets into the bloodstream. This process seems to accelerate healing of wounds, promotes tissue repair, and even favorably affects metabolic rates and the performance of the hormonal systems. In fact, in researching the subject, there appears to be a wide range of medical benefits from living in a pressurized environment. It almost seems to be something that should be natural. So why isn't the world like that today if such conditions are so naturally beneficial? Perhaps before the flood, it was the natural order of things.

If that was indeed the case, then men and women age quicker and start dying sooner these days because we are living in conditions that are not optimal for our original biological design. If the antediluvian world had a much higher atmospheric pressure, then a large volume of Earth's atmospheric gas has since vanished. How and why? We can assume that the ratio of the various gases in the atmosphere back then was similar to today (i.e. nitrogen 78.1%, oxygen 20.9%, argon 0.9%, carbon dioxide 0.035%, water vapor, and other gases), otherwise the difference in chemical composition would show up in the polar Ice Core measurements. And the temperature dependent ratio of oxygen18 to oxygen16 isotopes would not have been affected by differences in air pressure, to the best of my knowledge. I am unaware of any paleo proxy measurement that could verify the possibility of increased atmospheric pressure on the earth at that time, as compared to today.{
QUOTE}
The Windows of Heaven of Noah's Flood - Water out of Thin Air

Upvote 0