✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolution makes far more sense.

It makes no sense if you figure "nothing" produced something. They play games with the naive by showing them a lot of intricate details ... without ever explaining where the material they were made out of came from.

They usually refuse to discuss that matter of the origin of matter in depth. Then they suddenly look stupid. For, they had been pulling stories out of a hat that conceals their inconsistencies. Its usually higher IQ arrogant people telling lower IQ people things that take them into "imagination land." Its not a pretty picture.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It makes no sense if you figure "nothing" produced something. They play games with the naive by showing them a lot of intricate details ... without ever explaining where the material they were made out of came from.

They usually refuse to discuss that matter of the origin of matter in depth. Then they suddenly look stupid. For, they had been pulling stories out of a hat that conceals their inconsistencies. Its usually higher IQ arrogant people telling lower IQ people things that take them into "imagination land." Its not a pretty picture.

We live in a real world that can be sensed, observed and measured. We are then asked to believe that this world was brought into existence by a spiritual entity that cannot be sensed, observed or measured but is itself uncreated and has never not existed. It makes me think that perhaps our real world has itself always existed in one form or another and was not created.

I am reminded of Celsus, a 2nd century pagan apologist in speaking of Christianity who wrote "For why is it an evil to have been educated, and to have studied the best opinions, and to have both the reality and appearance of wisdom? What hindrance does this offer to the knowledge of God? Why should it not rather be an assistance, and a means by which one might be better able to arrive at the truth?"

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We live in a real world that can be sensed, observed and measured. We are then asked to believe that this world was brought into existence by a spiritual entity that cannot be sensed, observed or measured but is itself uncreated and has never not existed. It makes me think that perhaps our real world has itself always existed in one form or another and was not created.

I am reminded of Celsus, a 2nd century pagan apologist in speaking of Christianity who wrote "For why is it an evil to have been educated, and to have studied the best opinions, and to have both the reality and appearance of wisdom? What hindrance does this offer to the knowledge of God? Why should it not rather be an assistance, and a means by which one might be better able to arrive at the truth?"
I notice you waxed philosophical with me, as one does who is not a believer. Why is that? I must have missed something.

As far as education of believers? I have known professors, educators, and scientists who have no problem with what the Bible says... Because, they all possessed real faith.. and know God is real.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I notice you waxed philosophical with me, as one does who is not a believer. Why is that? I must have missed something.

As far as education of believers? I have known professors, educators, and scientists who have no problem with what the Bible says... Because, they all possessed real faith.. and know God is real.

There are a great many Christians who have waxed philosophical over the centuries. Philosophy does not make one an unbeliever. My unbeliefs might differ from your unbeliefs but I have been a Christian for over 70 years.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They were abominations caused by the Nephilim and their giant offspring and were destroyed in the Flood by God.

That's why they weren't on the ark.

Abominations caused by the Nephilim? Not likely, given they became extinct by some cause (maybe an asteroid strike) 65 million years ago.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dinosaurs demonic?

Just one...
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Abominations caused by the Nephilim? Not likely, given they became extinct by some cause (maybe an asteroid strike) 65 million years ago.

That mysterious "asteroid" may have really been when Lucifer rebelled...

Isaiah tells us that Lucifer was the "Morning Star" that used to herald in the mornings (of the previous creation). That asteroid? Was Lucifer being THROWN down to earth in God's anger when Lucifer rebelled.

To bring in the morning Lucifer had to have light and heat to bring in the mornings of the prehistoric world. That was a lot of light and heat. God created Lucifer with very great abilities to reflect the nature of God..

Only in this creation do we have a sun, moon, and stars. In the previous creation, it appears certain angels (bearers of light) were called "Morning Stars. Yet, not all angels were qualified to be called "Morning Stars." Job 38:7

God is light.. and certain angels were designed to reflect this unusual quality of God. And, did not Daniel speak of believers in the future shinning brightly?

I believe that "asteroid" (that scientists never can find) was Lucifer being cast down from heaven in God's wrath. As a result, with Lucifer's heating ability a great part of the prehistoric creation was destroyed. Hence =extinction mystery.

Job by the Spirit of prophesy transcended time and he saw a vision back to the time the earth was established, with all the angels watching... Jb 38:4-7

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels (sons of God) shouted for joy?

There was a distinction made between 'light bearing angels' (morning stars) and regular angels.

The Hebrew for this expression—“light-bringer” or “shining one”—is translated “Lucifer” (Isa 14:12)

Lucifer was at one time called the bright morning star who used to herald in the mornings of the prehistoric creation before the making of the sun as we now know it. Isaiah 14:12

In the prehistoric world apparently there was no sun needed for the previous creation. For, Lucifer used to "herald" in the mornings, and God would provide the light of the day. It was just like we saw the first day in Genesis One. There was no sun existing during the first day in Genesis One! Yet there was light of day recorded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
there isn't much in the bible about it. at the moment, I go along with the premise of the OP.

There is not much in English translations. That is why, unless you are serious about learning the Bible, you can not benefit from knowing the truth. The Bible was not written in English. Much of what we read has been watered down and can at times easily mislead.

We need to seek the Lord with all our heart. Lazy believers never get there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of you act as if this is not real. That you will not be standing before the Lord someday to be evaluated and made accountable for what was made available to us, to learn and to know, in our life on earth. And, we all will be evaluated. Some will be winners. Others will be losers. (1 Cor 3:11-15)

There has been plenty of information on record about the creation as found in the Original languages of the Bible. The way some act about their Christianity? It makes me wonder if they know they are saved.

Well... that's between them and the Lord. In the mean time.

Here is something to consider. Now, if knowledge bores or scares you? I would suggest not clicking on the link. Without Form and Void - Chapter 1

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of you act as if this is not real. That you will not be standing before the Lord someday to be evaluated and made accountable for what was made available to us, to learn and to know, in our life on earth. And, we all will be evaluated. Some will be winners. Others will be losers. (1 Cor 3:11-15)

There has been plenty of information on record about the creation as found in the Original languages of the Bible. The way some act about their Christianity? It makes me wonder if they know they are saved.

Well... that's between them and the Lord. In the mean time.

Here is something to consider. Now, if knowledge bores or scares you? I would suggest not clicking on the link. Without Form and Void - Chapter 1
So in summation, if we don't believe dinosaurs were demonic we are not saved and God will forever cast us into the lake of fire? Okie dokie, Smokie. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0