• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Dinosaurs demonic?

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by mathinspiration, Mar 30, 2018.

1. mathinspiration

mathinspiration Member

+64
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    My gung ho friend believes that dinosaurs are really demons or part of the devil's creation? I find that hard to believe in some dinosaurs like Triceratops and Brontosaurus but with T-rexes , maybe.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+4,567
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Where exactly does it say in the Bible that Satan has the power to create an animal?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,057
    United States
    Christian
    Private

1 Enoch 7:4-6 explains :

...... the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.
    • 1 Enoch 7:4-6

Books of Enoch

That's why they were Destroyed in The Flood. Because they were not apart of "The Original" created species of God. They were abominations.

4. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+6,162
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    The devil’s creation? That in itself is a strange idea. What did the devil create?

If we’re made in God’s image, if we reflect his nature in some way, then it seems likely to me that God is in some way as fascinated by his creation as we are. God presided over the creation and development of some pretty amazing stuff, the tendency to try and reduce it all down into narrow religious categories is a bit dry, to put it mildly.

5. Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth Active Member

+258
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Maybe your friend is a fan of the band, Alice in Chains (?)
    Few years back, the re-formed Alice in Chains released an album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.

That said, I assume every breed of dinosaur was created by God. And I've always wondered why they were extinguished..

6. messianist

messianist Well-Known Member Supporter

+495
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Are dinosaurs in the bible actually called dragons?

7. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Really? seriously? Really we need to be basing comments on evidence, not stating conjecture derived from obtuse verses.

8. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,057
    United States
    Christian
    Private

They were abominations caused by the Nephilim and their giant offspring and were destroyed in the Flood by God.

That's why they weren't on the ark.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Can I point out the the larger dinosaurs were in fact herbivores

10. Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Hiscosmicgoldfish3 Active Member

+90
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I agree. the raptor types were abominations.

11. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Oh cmon...ru seriously saying the dinosaurs where creatures akin to something out of lord of the rings? You dont see that as totally unfounded and far fetched?

12. MoneyGuy

MoneyGuy Newbie

+558
    Christian
    Married
    Don't be calling the Toronto NBA team the devil's creation.

13. Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Hiscosmicgoldfish3 Active Member

+90
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    no. I have thought this for ages on my own, without Enoch. the raptors look like abominations. there were natural animals also.

• List
  14. genez

genez Contributor Supporter

+882
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    When Adam fell only certain animals took on ferocity.

Prior to the fall of Adam all animals were vegetarians.

"Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face
    of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.
    They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth
    and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along
    the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give
    every green plant for food.” And it was so."
    Gen 1:29-30​

Not all animals became carnivores after the fall of Adam. Only some. Many animals after the fall of Adam remained herbivores.

Likewise. In the previous creation before this one? God gave angels dominion over the prehistoric creation (like Adam was given dominion over this one). After Satan and his angels fell? Then only some of the prehistoric animals the angels had dominion over, took on ferocity and becoming carnivores.

15. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+5,039
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I would argue that dinosaurs are the dragons of old.

16. genez

+882
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Then.. Where did leprechauns come from?

Not every fable has a correlation with real history, nor prehistoric creation.

Dinosaurs were the animals created for the prehistoric world where angels (not man) were given dominion over that earth.

17. tampasteve

tampasteve Messianic and Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,867
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Can you back that up with scripture? Not all of them were giant...there were tiny dinosaurs, big ones, flying ones....all sorts. Why could they not just be another type of animal that has gone extinct? With this line of thinking, what of the mammal mega fauna like woolly mammoths, saber cats, giant ground sloths, etc.?
    We really do not know that. Or it is possible they went extinct before the flood. Maybe some made it on and live to this day in the deep jungles and forests of the equator? There are plenty of sightings along that line.

18. genez

+882
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The only thing in Genesis 6 that speaks of giants were the offspring of women and angels. Animals were not in the picture. The dinosaurs were the animal kingdom of the prehistoric angel dominion of the previous creation that was destroyed before Genesis 1:2.

The problem here is that most pastors are not doing their jobs. It makes these truths seem like something odd, when they have been understood for quite some time.

If you want to learn about the prehistoric creation and destruction you can order this free publication.
    http://www.rbthieme.org/Publications/creationchaosandrestoration.html

[​IMG]

There is no charge for this excellent work.

You can order here...
    R. B. Thieme, Jr., Bible Ministries — Ordering and Contact Information

• List
  19. tampasteve

tampasteve Messianic and Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,867
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    That sounds reasonable to me, thanks for the information.

20. genez

+882
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Our creation replacing the prehistoric creation is nothing new to God. He will once again replace our creation with a new one once the Millennium begins.

When that happens? The lion will lay down with the lamb, and both with eat grass! This present creation will be the next prehistoric creation to those alive on earth during the Millennium.

God sets up different worlds to reveal something different that He wants to make know about the truth of the lives He created.