Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This digital money thing is starting to creep me out. Eventually there won't be any cash. The government will like that because they'll be able to check every penny you spend and tax you even with a purchase at a garage sale. They'll say they're going all digital to prevent crime and they'll be right. It will stop a lot of bad deeds. The Bible says we won't be able to buy or sell anything without the mark of the Beast and it will be on your hand and forehead. I wonder if this new technology will be what will be used. You take a picture of your head with the phone in your hand. It is the safest thing out there because you have to blink to prove someone is not taking a picture of your picture. Here's an interesting thought. I saw it more than 30 years ago. I'm not saying it's proof of anything but at the very least it is interesting. A=6 (as in 666.....the Beast's mark) B=12 C=18....Z=26x6=156. If you do the word "computer" using multiples of 6 it comes to 666. Try it! The younger generation will likely think my idea is insane and computers are sweet and innocent and we should love our smart devices as much as we would any friend but I think there's something more sinister going on with that object they worship so much.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This digital money thing is starting to creep me out. Eventually there won't be any cash. The government will like that because they'll be able to check every penny you spend and tax you even with a purchase at a garage sale. They'll say they're going all digital to prevent crime and they'll be right. It will stop a lot of bad deeds. The Bible says we won't be able to buy or sell anything without the mark of the Beast and it will be on your hand and forehead. I wonder if this new technology will be what will be used. You take a picture of your head with the phone in your hand. It is the safest thing out there because you have to blink to prove someone is not taking a picture of your picture. Here's an interesting thought. I saw it more than 30 years ago. I'm not saying it's proof of anything but at the very least it is interesting. A=6 (as in 666.....the Beast's mark) B=12 C=18....Z=26x6=156. If you do the word "computer" using multiples of 6 it comes to 666. Try it! The younger generation will likely think my idea is insane and computers are sweet and innocent and we should love our smart devices as much as we would any friend but I think there's something more sinister going on with that object they worship so much.
btc_value.png

1 Bitcoin today equals
$13,900 US Dollar

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't think you're insane. I, too, bought the latest issue of Scientific American and found the cover story quite interesting. In fact, this probably is a part of it the "scheme of things." However, while I agree that you're right about the technological aspect of it, I'm more prone to interpret the number of the beast as a Jewishly veiled reference to the direct worship of Wealth, Sex and Power...y'know, those things that King Solomon ruined his reputation over before the face of God. And now we're all just in a fit to find out what Hugh Hefner's lifestyle and mindset was all about ... :cool:

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This digital money thing is starting to creep me out. Eventually there won't be any cash. The government will like that because they'll be able to check every penny you spend and tax you even with a purchase at a garage sale.

When you are paying with cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, it cannot be backtracked to you.

• Winner
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Digital money is not necessarily the same thing as a cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is digital money, but digital money does not have to be a cryptocurrency. Several countries are talking about going to a digital currency, but it is a stanrad currency made only digital, not a cryptocurrency.

I would not let the rise of cyrptocurrency think that it is a herald of "the beast", if anything the governments and treasuries of the world are more threatened as it is less traceable than standard transactions.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These last two posts missed my point. It's not the tracking that I view as sinister. It's the fact that we won't be able to buy or sell anything without this mark that being forced on us in slow motion.
Ah, then you are more frightened by the rise of smart phones and the like? Funny enough, it is not as pervasive globally as we in the USA or Europe might think. Many advanced societies are still very cash based. Take Japan for example, definitely an advanced society, but many transactions are still cash only.

Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I didn't proof read that last post. I'm new here and can't find a way to delete it so let me clarify. I don't really want every penny I spend tracked. I realized Bitcoin was invented in 2008 to stop that. But if the government did track every penny I spent that would be bad but not necessarily evil. I'm not trying to get out of paying taxes for a shovel I bought at a garage sale. I just don't think it's the government's business I bought it (or the business of the hacker that breaks into my account). People should have the choice to use digital currency if they want but my choice to not use it will be taken away....and when it happens we'll see Biblical prophecy unfold. The mark of the Beast may already be with us. It just hasn't come to fruition yet. We haven't yet been forced to go digital but we will.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I think the mark of the beast will be digital money put on to microchip implants. It's many people who are implanted in the head and hands already.
(revelation 13:16-18)

Good point. Thanks for sharing it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the mark of the beast will be widely considered, by the religious, to be money, computers.....things that make sense to the carnal mind and things that you can see with your eye.

In the end, it will be something you cant see....let will me present in us all.....because we are steadfast looking without, when we should be looking within......

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I personally think that the "Mark of the Beast" will be a silicon chip implant either in the back of the hand or the forehead, in a cashless society.

I've got a booklet "Towards a Cashless Society" put out by a committee set up way back in the 1980's by the then Hawke government in Australia to investigate future issues, and this was one of them ("Commission for the Future" if I remember rightly).

This particular report was chaired by an atheist, Phillip Adams (who has his heart in the right place), so it certainly wasn't a fundamentalist publication. At one point it noted that the easiest way for a government to keep track of all it's people would be the use of electronic cash-less banking, and this was mooted by a think tank of American lawyers way back circa 1975.

The following link isn't the booklet that I've got, but it does point to the fact the Hawke government was considering the issue way back in 1986. The booklet would have come out of this debate.

https://industry.gov.au/innovation/reportsandstudies/ASTEC/Towards-a-Cashless-Society.PDF

It gave an example of how this could be done using a a John B. Citizen, who was under surveillance, and the sort of assumptions and deductions a suitably programmed computer might make about the person's movements as he went about his daily life. The example given was actually based on an American example, and then modified into an Australia context.

Catholics don't talk about this much, but I think the Church is asleep when it comes to these sorts of developments.

There are already watch bands which can be used instead of credit and debit cards, and there's a company in Sweden where the employees have silicon chip implants to gain access to their offices, computers etc.

https://phys.org/news/2018-05-microchips-skin-technophile-swedes.html

Personally I think such a chip would be allied with a means of punishment eg. a small vial of fatal poison which could be fractured by remote signal, in case you've been a naughty boy. All it would take would be a really major terrorist outrage (eg. nuclear or dirty bomb) to set the scene for the Western public in particular to cry for protection at the expense of their own freedom. The technology is already there.

If you want to go a step further, the familiar "www" of internet fame could be interpreted as "666" using the Hebrew alphabet, although I'm not much into codes and all the rest of it. I've long assumed the 666 is just short of 777, or perfection ie. the Anti-Christ would still be just a fallible man, despite his seeming insuperable powers. Whatever.

Is "www" in Hebrew equal to 666?

Reactions: Gell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm a Christian and I invest in cryptocurrency. There is nothing Satanic or evil about it. It cannot be tracked to you and is completely anonymous. It's simply a deregulated type of currency.
Hi Saucy, I agree basically. But the bankers don't like it because they don't control it. And it is not the product they are selling. They want you in dollars and them holding them. It is the elite bankers is where the danger is.

btw, investing in crypto is not the same as using it. I don't use it, but I do the same as you.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These last two posts missed my point. It's not the tracking that I view as sinister. It's the fact that we won't be able to buy or sell anything without this mark that being forced on us in slow motion.

The point you seem to be missing is that if it can't be Tracked to you, then you are not MARKED by it at all.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I personally think that the "Mark of the Beast" will be a silicon chip implant either in the back of the hand or the forehead, in a cashless society.

So since scripture says "the right hand", that would mean as long as we get the implant in our left hand, we should be good to go?

Upvote 0