USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I am saying to you. You are falsely prophesying the future. The fruit of which, if it runs its full course; is death and destruction for multitudes.
I haven't said a word. Just that those who Rorschach the scriptures with wild imaginations are no doubt misleading others of the same feather.

Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If they are dead then it is on the last day. The same day all are resurrected, the good and the evil.
If it is when they are alive then it is in 70AD. It really does matter.
Blessings
My point exactly.The text says EVERY eye will see Him....
That points quite clearly to a future time.If it were in 70 A.D.,It would have been impossible for EVERY eye to see Him.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't said a word. Just that those who Rorschach the scriptures with wild imaginations are no doubt misleading others of the same feather.
Whoops,
Sorry Dave. That was not meant for you.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is why I ask if we missed our turn. We were supposed to see the fulfillments from the time of writing on.

Well they haven't been fulfilled yet! We have not seen the Gog invasion, the one world govt., the ten kings, the rise of the antichrist, nor any part of teh 70th week. It is still awaiting to happen.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who pierced Jesus? These people will "see Him" so are they alive or are they dead?
I believe he's talking about a people probably the Jews. Acts 2:36
36“Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you interpret scripture literally, you are never going to come out of it smelling like roses. God is spirit, and his word is spirit.

Mostly, I interpret the Bible literally except in Revelation, Book of Daniel and other prophecies. For example, one day = one year in Daniel. I have not understood all the symbols, so probably have missed the signs in the past. I admit I haven't read the Bible like that.

ETA: Here's one. The mark of the beast. We cannot buy or sell without the mark of the beast. We are going from buying using credit/debit cards to computer chips. Maybe they will be implanted in the near future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no prophecy is of any private interpretation and your interpretations could never be made using an inductive method and certainly could be labeled a private interpretation. Do not be led into every wind of doctrine... you had to be taught this idea and with a concordance and Bible you would never come to this but would have to be led to it. The literal view can be deduced inductively. The fact is Israel is a nation and they have plans and prepared everything for the next temple already. The stage is set for a world government to rise and one that has every literal aspect of a Satanic government. This is a great evidence that the future view is correct. If Israel did not raise the flag then perhaps you would have had a better argument. Now they are there and the perilous times have come and the global scope of the literal events is very much in focus. This should cause one to reflect weather the historical view may be the one in error.
Modern Israel fits just fine into my view of Bible prophecy. But your falsely prophesying the future base in your complete lack of knowledge of the times and seasons of Bible prophecy. If the false prophecy in the guise of end time prophecy teachings you have accepted as gospel runs its full course. The fruit of it will be death and destruction for multitudes. As per its design. Which is to rob Christians of a scriptural vision of the future based on the 100+ chapters of Bible prophecy for this age. And replace those prophecies with the end time prophecy of the Old Covenant Age and the end time prophecies of the age of the four gentile empires that came 1400 years later.

You have been robbed and you are robbing believers all
over the world of their power to overcome the evil of their day. They need the prophecies about this age of promise to do so. Yet they have been blinded to them. As you have. They may as well not even exist.
What chapters of prophecy am I referring to? Here are just three of them. If your the least bit interested. The Bride of Christ

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well they haven't been fulfilled yet! We have not seen the Gog invasion, the one world govt., the ten kings, the rise of the antichrist, nor any part of teh 70th week. It is still awaiting to happen.
You are looking for the symbols to appear instead of what they represent and missing the entire meaning of Revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's vague, so how can they matter?
John said the Spirit of Antichrist was already present in his day. And many believe it was Nero replaced by the image of the beast who was the Papacy. Some see Islam as the next fulfillment.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are looking for the symbols to appear instead of what they represent and missing the entire meaning of Revelation.

John said the Spirit of Antichrist was already present in his day. And many believe it was Nero replaced by the image of the beast who was the Papacy. Some see Islam as the next fulfillment.

No I know the symbols have meaning! And I know what most of them represent.

The spirit of Antichrist is different from the person of the antichrist!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I know the symbols have meaning! And I know what most of them represent.

The spirit of Antichrist is different from the person of the antichrist!
But they all share the same unholy spirit.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Each of these manifestations did not render the others moot. Each culture had their own "day of the Lord" judgment. Just as our current culture will see its own "day". The events to come are actually nothing new, they are a final escalation of the tribulation that has been in effect since the ascension. God's word is eternal. Don't be lulled into thinking it is of no more effect.

I think the "Day of the Lord" has happened already and is yet to come. It probably isn't one day as it could represent a period of time in prophecy. The phrase is oft used in the Bible, so it isn't new, but what is new is that we see that some of it has been fulfilled already. It does not mean that they have all been fulfilled as there is a time yet to come. What's new is we have to understand and accept that it has happened already, i.e. fulfilled prophecies (some people really get off on fulfilled prophecies; perhaps they think we are getting nearer?), and the major one yet to come for end of days. But it probably isn't a literal one day.

• Winner
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But they all share the same unholy spirit.

No they can't. Evil spirits are not omnipresent. hey share the same attitude but therew is that spirit (mans spirit) of being against Christ, and then there is the man who is AntriChrist who will be a world ruler who is the physical son of Satan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mostly, I interpret the Bible literally except in Revelation, Book of Daniel and other prophecies. For example, one day = one year in Daniel. I have not understood all the symbols, so probably have missed the signs in the past. I admit I haven't read the Bible like that.

ETA: Here's one. The mark of the beast. We cannot buy or sell without the mark of the beast. We are going from buying using credit/debit cards to computer chips. Maybe they will be implanted in the near future.

So basically, you're saying that you're picking and choosing what to interpret as literal and not literal. I'd love to know how you think you have the authority to do that?

None of it is literal, and that is not what buying selling is, and not what the mark of the beast is.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That points quite clearly to a future time.If it were in 70 A.D.,It would have been impossible for EVERY eye to see Him.
Not wanting to be argumentative but there are other views and I am just pointing out the alternate. Many try to apply this to pagan authorities every eye, but the context is Israel. The phrase, “then all the tribes of the earth will mourn” is better understood as “then all the tribes of the land will mourn”, as in all the tribes of land of Israel. Same goes for Rev 1:7, “Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth [land] will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.” Both texts speak to the tribes of Israel. Not the nations of the “world”.
Anyway, I am a partial Preterist so we will go round and round on this.
Blessings

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Every person could visit the ocean at least once in their lives, and say that they've seen it, but that doesn't mean they all saw the ocean at the same time.

Reactions: jamesbond007
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Modern Israel fits just fine into my view of Bible prophecy. But your falsely prophesying the future base in your complete lack of knowledge of the times and seasons of Bible prophecy. If the false prophecy in the guise of end time prophecy teachings you have accepted as gospel runs its full course. The fruit of it will be death and destruction for multitudes. As per its design. Which is to rob Christians of a scriptural vision of the future based on the 100+ chapters of Bible prophecy for this age. And replace those prophecies with the end time prophecy of the Old Covenant Age and the end time prophecies of the age of the four gentile empires that came 1400 years later.

You have been robbed and you are robbing believers all
over the world of their power to overcome the evil of their day. They need the prophecies about this age of promise to do so. Yet they have been blinded to them. As you have. They may as well not even exist.
What chapters of prophecy am I referring to? Here are just three of them. If your the least bit interested. The Bride of Christ
I am glad that you are so confident that you can label others as false and robbing people but if you are wrong that measure you have used will be measured against you. The New covenant is a fact and we are under it and in fact no one was ever saved apart from it. We are taught absence from the body present with the LORD as a result of the new covenant. The scriptures taught Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness and yet Jesus described Abraham in the grave with Lazarus and the rich man in another section that was a place of torment. All the saints who sing in Rev 5 proclaim they have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb and will rule with Him upon the earth. The scriptures have many unfulfilled promises in them and Israel being saved both nationally and spiritually are well documented. The New Covenant when it was announced noted that it was replacing the covenant made with Moses. This was a conditional covenant that carried the animal blood sacrifice for the covering of sin. This new covenant did not replace the unconditional covenant made with Abraham as a nation that has the boundaries God ordered. God knew that Jerusalem and the Temple would be destroyed after Jesus was rejected. So in Jer 31 God knowing that there would be no Israel for 1800 years inserts twice a claim that Israel will not cease to be a nation in His eyes. He even promises a day when certain gates in Jerusalem will never be thrown down again and He notes this is at a time when dead bodies are everywhere.
Compare Luke 1 with Zech 14.
67 Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying:
68 “Blessed is the Lord God of Israel,
For He has visited and redeemed His people,
69 And has raised up a horn of salvation for us
In the house of His servant David,
70 As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets,
Who have been since the world began,
71 That we should be saved from our enemies
And from the hand of all who hate us,
72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers
And to remember His holy covenant,
73 The oath which He swore to our father Abraham:
74 To grant us that we,
Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.

In Zech 14 it is Jesus come and the scriptures note it is the LORD who comes. In that day the LORD is king over all the earth. The LORD comes when Israel is being overrun. He fights for Israel and they are delivered just as Luke 1 promises Jesus would do. They will serve Him without fear and in Holiness because Satan is bound and Jesus is ruling with a rod of iron they say in that day the LORD is one. This is Israel confessing Jesus is LORD. Eze 36 promises a people gathered back to Israel will be given a new spirit and in that day they will know that I am the LORD. Israel is brought into the new covenant. Life continues in Zech 14 after the LORD has come and is king as it says the nations that are left will need keep the feast of Tabernacles or they get no rain. This is not the new Jerusalem as the new river formed when the Mt of Olives splits flows year round. You see those beheaded for refusing the mark are also promised to reign with Jesus for 1000 years and it starts this day. The new covenant being in place does not effect these other realities which by the way are lining up to happen just as the literal view suggests.

I hope our application is the same to live holy and share the gospel. The real enemy is sin and death apart from believing in Christ. If we share these things we are more brothers than adversaries and we will see who is right soon enough.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they can't. Evil spirits are not omnipresent. hey share the same attitude but therew is that spirit (mans spirit) of being against Christ, and then there is the man who is AntriChrist who will be a world ruler who is the physical son of Satan!
Actually, Paul calls him the man of sin. He is only recognized as Antichrist by the fruits he bears.

Upvote 0