United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Daniel didn't know that either.

His 70th week is all about Messiah, the Christ.

Not some mythical dispensational antichrist.

Wrong agai but you will find out in time!

Once you learn basic grammar you will learn different.

Once you recognize that preterism, covenant theology and allegory has butchered the Scripturtes you will figure it out!

Once again according to the preachers you and your allies quote here!

1. The 70 weeks of Daniel run continuous with no breaks!

2. So after 69 weeks (483 years) Messiah is cut off (killed).

3. That puts Jesus death at the beginning of the 70th week which according to your preachers is the time He was Baptized. Unless of courser you think that 69 1/2 weeks =after 69 weeks. or 486 1/2 yeaqrs is close enough.

4. Daniel 9:
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

5. You make Jesus the prince of Rome! For they are the people that will come and destroy the sanctuary!

6. Then in verse 27 you violate all rules of grammar to make Jesus the one who confirms the covenant with many! IOW you change the Bible to fit your doctrine instead of changing your doctrine to fit the Bible

7. You violate normal grammar again by making the sacrifice and oblation ending to mean that Jesus death which ended the efficacy of the sacrifices to mean the actual ceasing of the sacrifical system which is what is written!

8. Then you accuse Jesus of making the temple desolate so that idols and detestable things can fill the temple to the wings of the temple!

Sorry, but I will accept the Bible as written and not rewritten to fit someones ideas.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[QUOTE
Keep waiting.......:).
Just stick with the carnal dispensationalist futurists commentaries.

It does seem that most "carnal" futurists want to avoid reading Josephus in relation to Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and Revelation..........

For those viewing this thread, here are some links/ commmentaries from a Preterist view........
================
"Ye will hear of battles and rumors of battles" 1st century concluding in Judea/Jerusalem 70ad

Matthew 24:
6 “And you will hear of battles and rumors of battles. See that you are not troubled;
for all these things must come to pass,
but the end is not yet.
=================================
William Patton : The Judgment of Jerusalem (1876)

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Roman: Emperor Nero | General Vespasian | General Titus | The Roman Army || Jewish: General / Historian Josephus | Factional Leaders in Jerusalem || Administrators of Roman Judea Targets: Jerusalem | Herod's Temple // Maps of the Roman Invasion // Theological Timeline

CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Proof that Matthew 24 was fully fulfilled in 70 AD!
Also see:
Rapture refuted

William Patton : The Judgment of Jerusalem (1876) Free Online Books @ PreteristArchive.com, The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterism and Preterist Eschatology

All Prophecies Fulfilled! | 817-793-9461 | Preterist Bible Commentary

PRETERIST BIBLE COMMENTARY ON ALL MAJOR END TIME BIBLE VERSES:

I had to remind my self when I read many of your commentaries that I was not reading watchtower material! They both are wonderfully fictional accounts based on loose loose interpretations and twisting meanings to fit their doctrine.

so you believe we are living in the reign of Jesus on earth invisibly just like the Watchtower.

Boy if this is how he rules with a rod of iron- we should get a refund!

But praise God He has not returned yet- He will return physically for all to see and not some mysterious invisible phantom!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Woke said:
You are correct, the great tribulation does not happen to destroy all people. If God wanted to do that during it Christ would just do it, and do it quickly. There would be no reason for any separating of people once Christ returns after it. Revelation 3:10 calls the great tribulation a trial or test. It happens to test the beliefs of people who have not fully accepted God, to see if they will still stubbornly refuse God. Revelation claims a great crowd will come out after having passed that trial. Not just Jews will turn to God. So will some Christians who are not accepted by Christ as his church before it starts.

As you stated it makes the most sense that God does not turn his attention again to the nation of Israel until the Great Tribulation starts. The reason is that scriptures claim he does not do that UNTIL the last gentile member is grafted into the church. And millions of gentiles are being born all the time before it starts. God will not stop them from turning to Christ in order turn his attention to Israel.
YOu have some mistakes in your reasoning's.

1. God promised the church is not destined for wrath but to obtain delverance. Wrath (when not modified) always refers to the 70th week of Daniel or the great Trib as is commonly called. All who are in Christ will be caught up! There is no hint of others being left behind at all!

2. The two witnesses are two people, Just a reading of the passages, even assuming the most symbolic thought, clearly shows them to be two entities. They are killed, the world parties at their death. and after 3 1/2 days they are resurrected and caught up to heaven! Other than a predisposed prejudice, there is no reason to think it is anything other than two people. Who is what is unklnown now!
jgr said:
Rapture Wimpism
Any student of Scripture with even a cursory knowledge of the NT Church knows that tribulation in the form of persecution, suffering, and death has been the lot of the Church ever since its birth. From its persecution at the hands of the Jews, to that under the Roman emperors and empires, to that today under Islam and other ideologies; the Church's experience with tribulation has been unrelenting, and its death toll over the millennia is counted in the tens of millions.

In the NT, we see in the book of Acts a complete account of how the disciples and Christ's followers were hated and persecuted as Jesus had predicted (Matthew 24:9). In Acts 4: "And they laid hands on them [Peter and John], and put them in prison" (verse 3). In Acts 5, they were "beaten" (verse 40). As they departed from the "council", they rejoiced "that they were counted worthy to suffer for his name"(verse 41). In Acts 7, Stephen was killed for his stand (verses 54-60). In Acts 8:1 "There was a great persecution against the church." In Acts 16, Paul and Silas were beaten and cast into prison. In Acts 21, persecution resulted in Paul being beaten, and brought before rulers, before whom he testified (Acts 22). In Acts 22:19 we read that Paul confessed that prior to his conversion, he had "imprisoned and beaten in every synagogue" those who believed in Christ.

There was, and is, no lack of tribulation for the NT Church.

But deplorably, we see today a generation of what can best be described as “rapture wimps.” This generation of North American believers, the most “molycoddled and milquetoast” in the history of the Christian Church, seems in large part to believe that it is also entitled to escape the trials and privations which have beset the historic Church, and to be “...carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease” as the beloved hymn “Am I a Soldier of the Cross” describes.

The following partial enumeration of NT tribulation references...:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

...makes it clear that there is no room for rapture wimps in the Christian Church. In solidarity with other believers in parts of the world who suffer tribulation even as we read this, we must be prepared to, as did and do these, “fight to win the prize and sail through bloody seas”, as we see the hymnwriter further pen.

God has promised...:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

...that we can be triumphant in Him even in the midst of tribulation. He promises us all of His grace and resources to make this a reality.

But the promise is only for those who refuse to be rapture wimps.
And I teach all my students and fellow church members that if we live Godly we shall suffer persecution and tribulation. But I am not talking about general suffering for the name of the Lord- but the consequences fo the 70th week of Daniel which Revelation calls the wrath of the Lamb and the Day of His wrath and multiple places in the OT calls it the Day of wrath! I am talking that specific 7 year peiod which encompasses the trumpets and vials and the genocide of the anitchrist! Not general suffering for the name of Jesus!
jgr said:
In the midst of the 70th week of Daniel, Christ upon the cross took the wrath which should have fallen upon us.

Isaiah 53
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Then instead of wrath He bought and brought salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
It was at Calvary, in the midst of the 70th week of Daniel, that Christ assuaged God's wrath.
And I agree with all that But 1 Thess. 5 is not the lake of fire but the 70th week of Daniel!

REV. 6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Joel 2:1
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

oel 2:11
And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

As the context is the Day of the Lord and not eternity that is moot!
jgr said:
The 70th week of Daniel is all about Messiah.
No it is not and you should know that!
jgr said:
Daniel didn't know that either.
His 70th week is all about Messiah, the Christ.
Not some mythical dispensational antichrist.
Once you learn basic grammar you will learn different.Once you recognize that preterism, covenant theology and allegory has butchered the Scripturtes you will figure it out! Once again according to the preachers you and your allies quote here!
3. That puts Jesus death at the beginning of the 70th week which according to your preachers is the time He was Baptized. Unless of courser you think that 69 1/2 weeks =after 69 weeks. or 486 1/2 yeaqrs is close enough.
4. Daniel 9:
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

5. You make Jesus the prince of Rome! For they are the people that will come and destroy the sanctuary!

6. Then in verse 27 you violate all rules of grammar to make Jesus the one who confirms the covenant with many! IOW you change the Bible to fit your doctrine instead of changing your doctrine to fit the Bible

7. You violate normal grammar again by making the sacrifice and oblation ending to mean that Jesus death which ended the efficacy of the sacrifices to mean the actual ceasing of the sacrifical system which is what is written!

8. Then you accuse Jesus of making the temple desolate so that idols and detestable things can fill the temple to the wings of the temple!

Sorry, but I will accept the Bible as written and not rewritten to fit someones ideas.
Perhaps you can discuss that on this other thread concerning a gap in the 70 weeks................

Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"
Edit
  1. No
    28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Yes
    27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. I don't know
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other
    1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. *
    Fully fulfilled
    2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Half complete Half Future
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All Future
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you can discuss that on this other thread concerning a gap in the 70 weeks................

Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"
Edit
  1. No
    28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Yes
    27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. I don't know
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other
    1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. *
    Fully fulfilled
    2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Half complete Half Future
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All Future
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Well as polls mean little to nothing when it comes to the word of God- I think I will pass.

but as you love to cite Josephus so much as an authority of biblical truth (I like Him and have used his works in teaching.) you have a serious serious problem

Josephus declared the abomination of desolation to be Antiochus Epiphenes of the 2nd Century B.C.

However here is what Jesus said:

Matt. 24:15: 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Jesus places the abomination as yet future ! I wonder who we should believe Jesus or Josephus?????????

Unless of course you accept another group of preterist preachers who say that the 70 weeks of Daniel are continuous with no breaks and that Daniel 9:27 is all about Jesus only, so that would make Je3sus the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the Prophet!

I dunno but both preterists groups sound too much like the watchtower and their work of fiction as well.

By the way, I read several of the commentaries your preterist experts wrote and you linked to. Still noticed they don't want to touch the seals, trumpets, bowls and angels.

They make three people the beast and Vespasian teh resurrection of Nero!

I also noticed the bible says the mark of the beast is to be on ones foreheads or in their right hands, but your "scholars" say it was simply a coin in disagreement with Scripture!

What authority do they have to rewrite Scripture?????

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well as polls mean little to nothing when it comes to the word of God- I think I will pass.
That thread is on the Word of God as spoken by the LORD thru the great Prophet Daniel. [who, along with Gabriel and Michael, is also mentioned by Jesus in the NT]

Dan 9:2
in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the LORD through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
Dan 10:11
And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling.
======================
Is the Rapture shown in 1Thess 4 showing in Revelation? If so, where?

Could the 2 Messengers in Revelation 14 be Michael and Gabriel at the Harvest?
Let's look at Gabriel and Michael in the Bible..........

Daniel 8:16 And I heard a Man's voice between the banks of the Ulai, who called, and said,
Gabriel, make this man understand the vision.”

Daniel 9:21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the Man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering.

Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days.
Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help Me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
Revelation 14:
14 Then I looked and behold! a white cloud,
and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another Messenger came out of the Sanctuary, crying out with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud,
“Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap,for the harvest of the land is ripe.”
16 So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth,
and the earth was reaped.
======================================
Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?
It looks like the 70 weeks of Daniel is a popular topic in Christianity today, so I thought I would create one and include a poll. I also am interested in discussing this.

YLT)
Daniel 9:
24 ‘Sevens, seventy are determined for thy people, and for thy holy city, to shut up the transgression, and to seal up sins, and to cover iniquity, and to bring in righteousness age-during, and to seal up vision and prophet, and to anoint the holy of holies.
25 And thou dost know, and dost consider wisely, from the going forth of the word to restore and to build Jerusalem till Messiah the Leader [is] seven weeks, and sixty and two weeks: the broad place hath been built again, and the rampart, even in the distress of the times.
26 And after the sixty and two weeks, cut off is Messiah, and the city and the holy place are not his, the Leader who hath come doth destroy the people; and its end [is] with a flood, and till the end [is] war, determined [are] desolations.
27 And he hath strengthened a covenant with many — one week, and [in] the midst of the week he causeth sacrifice and present to cease, and by the wing of abominations he is making desolate, even till the consummation, and that which is determined is poured on the desolate one.’

Dan 9:24
Dan 9:25

Dan 9:26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Once you learn basic grammar you will learn different.

Once you recognize that preterism, covenant theology and allegory has butchered the Scripturtes you will figure it out!

Once again according to the preachers you and your allies quote here!

4. Daniel 9:

See Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Keep waiting.......:).
Just stick with the carnal dispensationalist futurists commentaries.

It does seem that most "carnal" futurists want to avoid reading Josephus in relation to Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and Revelation..........

For those viewing this thread, here are some links/ commmentaries from a Preterist view........
================
"Ye will hear of battles and rumors of battles" 1st century concluding in Judea/Jerusalem 70ad

Matthew 24:
6 “And you will hear of battles and rumors of battles. See that you are not troubled;
for all these things must come to pass,
but the end is not yet.
=================================
William Patton : The Judgment of Jerusalem (1876)

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Roman: Emperor Nero | General Vespasian | General Titus | The Roman Army || Jewish: General / Historian Josephus | Factional Leaders in Jerusalem || Administrators of Roman Judea Targets: Jerusalem | Herod's Temple // Maps of the Roman Invasion // Theological Timeline

CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

Also see:
Rapture refuted

William Patton : The Judgment of Jerusalem (1876) Free Online Books @ PreteristArchive.com, The Internet's Only Balanced Look at Preterism and Preterist Eschatology

All Prophecies Fulfilled! | 817-793-9461 | Preterist Bible Commentary

PRETERIST BIBLE COMMENTARY ON ALL MAJOR END TIME BIBLE VERSES:

Well I finally had time to read many of these! Especially concerning the seals, trumpets and bowls!

All I can say is WOW! They are more fanciful than the Watchtower and more creative than Joseph Smith when He stole the novel from a Christian author to make His religion up!

Those people who made this stuff up? There judgment is sure!

First lets us tear apart their mark !

1. Israel had already been using Roman Coins long before 70 AD.
2. Everyone had to pay taxes and they were in Roman coinage.
3. Matthew was a tax collector and collected roman coins from the people.
4. Jesus received a Roman coin from a pharisee from his purse.
5. IN the bazaar of Annas in the outer courts they had the money changers to change Roman coins into temple shekels so people could put offerings in the temple or buy goods from the high priests approved sellers!

So their fiction on the mark of the beast isn't even close to what the bible says! Also they decided to not even comment on what it meant that people had to have the mark on their foreheads or in their right hand! I have an idea! Maybe people had to wear their coin purse tied to their forehead likea phylactry? or wrap it around their right hand?

Next let us expose the lie of the preterist unholy trinity!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That thread is on the Word of God as spoken by the LORD thru the great Prophet Daniel. [who, along with Gabriel and Michael, is also mentioned by Jesus in the NT]

Dan 9:2
in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the LORD through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
Dan 10:11
And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling.
======================
Is the Rapture shown in 1Thess 4 showing in Revelation? If so, where?

======================================

NO that thread is about decievers who have twisted the Word of God and laid captive vulnerable saints with their lies.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NO that thread is about decievers who have twisted the Word of God and laid captive vulnerable saints with their lies.

Speaking of "decievers", nobody can figure out where C.I. Scofield got his doctorate.
Nobody can figure out why a preacher like Scofield would be a member of the "Lotus Club".

Read the book "The Incredible Scofield and His Book" by Joseph M. Canfield.

Scofield's notes at Revelation 14:6 are found below.
See Scofield's reference to the "everlasting Gospel".

Revelation 14:6

gospel

Gospel. This great theme may be summarized as follows:

I. In itself, the word Gospel means good news.

II. Four forms of the Gospel are to be distinguished:

(1) The Gospel of the kingdom. This is the good news that God purposes to set up on the earth, in fulfilment of the Davidic Covenant: (2Sa_7:16): a kingdom, political, spiritual, Israelitish, universal, over which God's Son, David's heir, shall be King, and which shall be, for one thousand years, the manifestation of the righteousness of God in human affairs.

(See Scofield) - (Mat_3:2).

Two preachings of this Gospel are mentioned, one past, beginning with the ministry of John the Baptist, continued by our Lord and His disciples, and ending with the Jewish rejection of the King. The other is yet future (Mat_24:14) during the great tribulation, and immediately preceding the coming of the King in glory.

(2) The Gospel of the grace of God. This is the good news that Jesus Christ, the rejected King, has died on the cross for the sins of the world, that He was raised from the dead for our justification, and that, by Him, all that believe are justified from all things. This form of the Gospel is described in many ways. It is the Gospel...

"of God" (Rom_1:1) because it originates in His love;
"of Christ" (2Co_10:14) because it flows from His sacrifice, and because He is the alone Object of Gospel faith;
of the "grace of God" (Act_20:24) because it saves those whom the law curses;
of "the glory"; (1Ti_1:11); (2Co_4:4) because it concerns Him who is in the glory, and who is bringing the many sons to glory; (Heb_2:10);
of "our salvation" (Eph_1:13) because it is the "power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"; (Rom_1:16);
of "the uncircumcision" (Gal_2:7) because it saves wholly apart from forms and ordinances of "peace" (Eph_6:15) because through Christ it makes peace between the sinner and God, and imparts inward peace.

(3) The everlasting Gospel. (Rev_14:6). This is to be preached to the earth-dwellers at the very end of the great tribulation and immediately preceding the judgment of the nations (Mat_15:31). It is neither the Gospel of the kingdom, nor of grace. Though its burden is judgment, not salvation, it is good news to Israel and to those who, during the tribulation, have been saved; (Rev_7:9-14); (Luk_21:28); (Psa_96:11-13); (Isa_35:4-10).

(4) That which Paul calls, "my Gospel" (Rom_2:16). This is the Gospel of the grace of God in its fullest development, but includes the revelation of the result of that Gospel in the outcalling of the church, her relationships, position, privileges, and responsibility. It is the distinctive truth of Ephesians and Colossians, but interpenetrates all of Paul's writings.

III. There is "another Gospel" (Gal_1:6); (2Co_11:4) "which is not another," but a perversion of the Gospel of the grace of God, against which we are warned. It has many seductive forms, but the test is one -- it invariably denies the sufficiency of grace alone to save, keep, and perfect, and mingles with grace some kind of human merit. In Galatia it was law, in Colosse fanaticism (Col_2:18); etc. In any form, its teachers lie under the awful anathema of God.

angel

(See Scofield) - (Heb_1:4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As Little lamb has given us a preterist opinion of who the unholy trinity is let us expose that!

This is a direct quote of the preterist definition of the unholy Trinity!

A Preterist Commentary on Revelation 13: Summary and Highlights
In the following Preterist Bible commentary on Revelation 13 the trinity of the beast is revealed! In this commentary on Revelation 13 readers will see that all the prophecies in Revelation 13 were fulfilled in the first century around the time of Israel’s war with Rome in the actions of three Caesars all of whose names are represented by the 666 Gematria. Greek and Hebrew letters also have numerical values. Thus while it is well known that the sum total of the Greek form of Nero Caesar transliterated into Hebrew characters adds up to 666, the same total is also found in Caesar Vespasian and Caesar Titus, two of Nero’s successors. This beast trinity fulfills all the prophecies in Revelation 13. Like the three-in-one God worshipped by Christians, all three emperors were worshipped in the imperial cult as a god.

Now let us look at REv. 13 from Gods Word!

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Now the bible describes the unholy trinity as 1. The dragon, the beast, and the other beast like a lamb with 2 horns!

People worshipped the dragon and teh beast! Israel never succumbed to Caesar Worship!

We must assume that preterists think the dragon is Nero! REvelation 12 calls that dragon the devil! One lie debunked!

Gods Word says that people wondered after the beast ( I am guessing Vespasian) saying who is able to make war with him? Well Jews did not wonder! They made war with Him and it took 4 years and thousands of Roman deaths for them to take Jerusalem! You tube even has a documentary of thye Roman siege of Jerusalem that is from history and not some fanciful commentary!

Lie 2 debunked.

Gods Word says: 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Preterist commentary
So Seeing as Vespasian already had power over the empire I wonder what authority this was that was given to him.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Preterist commentary:
Well Vespaian did not even have all the gentiles of the Empire worship him. never mind those areas that Rome had not conquered!

Gods Word:
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Preterist commentary:

So Titus spoke like Nero? Titus caused everyone to worship Nero the dragon who committed suicide and his deadly wound was healed by Vespasian taking over? Really?????

Lie 3 debunked!

Gods Word says:

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live

Preterist commentary:

The miracle that Titus (the lamb wit 2 horns) was fire arrows launched against Jerusalem! REally???
Seeing as Jews even used fire arrows- do you really think that anyone would think of these as a miracle (that is what wonders mean) and that the whole world ( I guess preterists think this means either Israel or the Roman EMpire) by a long used weapon of war???

Lie 4 debunked.

Gods Word:

that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Preterist Commentary

That Titus had the legions worship the ensigns that bore Vesapsians image in the temple (but it is supposed to be Nero whose deadly wound was healed!) and made the ensigns come alive?????
Then everyone had to start using Roman coins which they already been using for at least 1/2 century already! And put them on their foreheads or in their right hand! Maybe we have to wait to find out what that means because God forbid this verse in Gods Word could actually mean what it says!

Lie 5 debunked!

Maybe I will ost another post and debunk more of these lies! Little lamb , you have been deceived by people who at best were deceived or at worst are intentional con artists! This is not just a question of a SMALL DISAGREEMENT, BUT THIS IS INTENTIONAL MALFEASANCE against the Word of God!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of "decievers", nobody can figure out where C.I. Scofield got his doctorate.
Nobody can figure out why a preacher like Scofield would be a member of the "Lotus Club".

Read the book "The Incredible Scofield and His Book" by Joseph M. Canfield.

Scofield's notes at Revelation 14:6 are found below.
See Scofield's reference to the "everlasting Gospel".

Revelation 14:6

gospel

Gospel. This great theme may be summarized as follows:

I. In itself, the word Gospel means good news.

II. Four forms of the Gospel are to be distinguished:

(1) The Gospel of the kingdom. This is the good news that God purposes to set up on the earth, in fulfilment of the Davidic Covenant: (2Sa_7:16): a kingdom, political, spiritual, Israelitish, universal, over which God's Son, David's heir, shall be King, and which shall be, for one thousand years, the manifestation of the righteousness of God in human affairs.

(See Scofield) - (Mat_3:2).

Two preachings of this Gospel are mentioned, one past, beginning with the ministry of John the Baptist, continued by our Lord and His disciples, and ending with the Jewish rejection of the King. The other is yet future (Mat_24:14) during the great tribulation, and immediately preceding the coming of the King in glory.

(2) The Gospel of the grace of God. This is the good news that Jesus Christ, the rejected King, has died on the cross for the sins of the world, that He was raised from the dead for our justification, and that, by Him, all that believe are justified from all things. This form of the Gospel is described in many ways. It is the Gospel...

"of God" (Rom_1:1) because it originates in His love;
"of Christ" (2Co_10:14) because it flows from His sacrifice, and because He is the alone Object of Gospel faith;
of the "grace of God" (Act_20:24) because it saves those whom the law curses;
of "the glory"; (1Ti_1:11); (2Co_4:4) because it concerns Him who is in the glory, and who is bringing the many sons to glory; (Heb_2:10);
of "our salvation" (Eph_1:13) because it is the "power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"; (Rom_1:16);
of "the uncircumcision" (Gal_2:7) because it saves wholly apart from forms and ordinances of "peace" (Eph_6:15) because through Christ it makes peace between the sinner and God, and imparts inward peace.

(3) The everlasting Gospel. (Rev_14:6). This is to be preached to the earth-dwellers at the very end of the great tribulation and immediately preceding the judgment of the nations (Mat_15:31). It is neither the Gospel of the kingdom, nor of grace. Though its burden is judgment, not salvation, it is good news to Israel and to those who, during the tribulation, have been saved; (Rev_7:9-14); (Luk_21:28); (Psa_96:11-13); (Isa_35:4-10).

(4) That which Paul calls, "my Gospel" (Rom_2:16). This is the Gospel of the grace of God in its fullest development, but includes the revelation of the result of that Gospel in the outcalling of the church, her relationships, position, privileges, and responsibility. It is the distinctive truth of Ephesians and Colossians, but interpenetrates all of Paul's writings.

III. There is "another Gospel" (Gal_1:6); (2Co_11:4) "which is not another," but a perversion of the Gospel of the grace of God, against which we are warned. It has many seductive forms, but the test is one -- it invariably denies the sufficiency of grace alone to save, keep, and perfect, and mingles with grace some kind of human merit. In Galatia it was law, in Colosse fanaticism (Col_2:18); etc. In any form, its teachers lie under the awful anathema of God.

angel

(See Scofield) - (Heb_1:4).

Well I see you feel you can only gain an advantage by strainig at gnats and using ad-hominems against those you disagree with!

But as the word gospel simply means good news- yes there is multiple good news that are declared.

1. The gospel of Salvation which is that Jesus died, was buried and rose again from the dead physically to pay for all our sins. this is the good news which saves our soul!

2. There is the gospel of the kingdom which is preached at 2 different times with two different emphases. Prior to Israel committing the unpardonable sin- the Apostles and John the Baptist went out and proclaimed the gospel of the kingdom (Repent for the kingdom of God is here!) and it will alspo be preached during the 70th week of Daniel with the added gospel of salvation added! for th ekingdom will be coming seven years to the day the Antichrist makes the 7 year covenant with Israel!

3. The everlasting gospel which only angels are written as to preaching which is simply "fear God and give Him glory". That is the everlasting good news!

We have elevated the word gospel and sectioned it to mean only the death and resurrection of Jesus, when it simply was a common word that meant (in modern terms ) Hey, that's great! Good hews!

Others may add other forms of preaching that is good news (gospel) and I have no problem with that!
But the only good news (gospel) that has the power to save is the good news heard that Jesus died, weas buried and physically rose again from the dead!

But I hope you realize there are plenty of others proclamations the people fo God make that are good news (gospel)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I see you feel you can only gain an advantage by strainig at gnats and using ad-hominems against those you disagree with!

But as the word gospel simply means good news- yes there is multiple good news that are declared.

1. The gospel of Salvation which is that Jesus died, was buried and rose again from the dead physically to pay for all our sins. this is the good news which saves our soul!

2. There is the gospel of the kingdom which is preached at 2 different times with two different emphases. Prior to Israel committing the unpardonable sin- the Apostles and John the Baptist went out and proclaimed the gospel of the kingdom (Repent for the kingdom of God is here!) and it will alspo be preached during the 70th week of Daniel with the added gospel of salvation added! for th ekingdom will be coming seven years to the day the Antichrist makes the 7 year covenant with Israel!

3. The everlasting gospel which only angels are written as to preaching which is simply "fear God and give Him glory". That is the everlasting good news!

We have elevated the word gospel and sectioned it to mean only the death and resurrection of Jesus, when it simply was a common word that meant (in modern terms ) Hey, that's great! Good hews!

Others may add other forms of preaching that is good news (gospel) and I have no problem with that!
But the only good news (gospel) that has the power to save is the good news heard that Jesus died, weas buried and physically rose again from the dead!

But I hope you realize there are plenty of others proclamations the people fo God make that are good news (gospel)

Former Dispensationalist Jerry Johnson on "ad-hominems"

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Well as I AM NOT PREACHING ANOTHER GOSPEL, i WILL TAKE YOUR QUOTING GALATIANS AS ANOTHER ASSAULT FALSELY LAID.

I don't hide from Schofield, nor Clarence Larkin. I don't agree with all they have taught! Do you agree with everything covenant theologians taught? or preterists?

I have learned there are two forms of the kingdom- the mystery form we are living in today and the future millenial kingdom when God will fulfill His promises to Israel and then comes eternity again where we know not what is in store!

But let me ask you do you reject this passage form Gods word?

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Do you believe Jesus sits as King forever? If you do then please explain this passage:

1 Cor. 15:
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Jesus does not reign as King in Eternity!

If you thinbk He is reigning as king now then how do you answer that evil is winning more than righteousness? Is Jesus an impotent king?

How do you respond when covenant theology believers back away form their founders like Augustine or their protestant founders after the reformation?

Do you intimate that preterists are right while amillenialists or post millenialists or premillenialsts are wrong? Do you hate them as much who hold to covenant theology that differs from you as you do dispensationalists?

How do you know God will keep His promises to the church if He breaks His promises to Israel?

So far everything He promised has come true!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I am one who fully recognizes that within Dispensational Theology there has been loads of wild specualtion on matters of eschatology. The Daivid Wilkersons, Hal Lindsays and even Clarence Larkin from ages past! But so doesn't covenant theology have its wild speculators.

On these threads one linked to your teachers that said the unholy trinity (dragon, beast from sea and beast from land) are Nero, Vespasian and Titus! The Mark of the beast is a coin (though they wisely avoided trying to give an answer on how they had to have that on their foreheads or IN their right hands)

They even have had Jesus return to earth! Once again if this is how you guys believe Jesus reigns on this planet as King-WOW!

or Jesus is commander of all nations so He was the prince who led th eRomans to destroy the sanctuary.

So He was commander of the allies and also the axis armies during WW 2? He is after all king of all nations!

Dispensational Theology simply recognizes that Jesus will physically return to earth in the future.
He will establish a physical kingdom on earth as written in the Scriptures.
The church will reign with HIm as His Bride
Israel will govern the earth under the king as written in the scriptures
The Apostles will judge the twelve tribes as written in Scripture.
Jesus will physically climb the mount of olives after vanquishing the antichrist as written in Scripture
The church is different from the OT saints as written in the Scriptures
That the millenial kingdom is the fulfillment of promises and ends and eternity begins (that is metaphorical)

I don't know how covenant theology declares that two people of God doctrine but I know how I do as instructed by my teachers.
The distinctions only apply during the millenial kingdom.
We reject the false concept that OT saints are part of the church (the body of Christ) because Jesus said to Peter that He will build HIs church, not has been or keep building His church!
We simply let the bible speak for itself and not realize that we must allegorize the OT to make sense of it! We know we can make applications to today. We also recognize all SCripture is equally inspired but it is not all equally applicable!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We reject the false concept that OT saints are part of the church (the body of Christ) because Jesus said to Peter that He will build HIs church, not has been or keep building His church!

The land promise to the Old Testament Saints is found below.
It is one of the many passages you have to ignore to make the Two Peoples of God doctrine work.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Are you trying to say John the Baptist is not a part of Christ's Church?

Luk_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
nolidad said:

BABerean2 said:
nolidad said:
Interesting.
Let's look at the Greek...........

oikodomeo from the same as 3619;
to be a house-builder, i.e. construct or (figuratively) confirm:--(be in) build(-er, -ing, up), edify, embolden.

TR Occurrences 39x in 21 unique form(s)
Occurrences: οἰκοδομήσω —3 times in 3 verses

Parsing: Future Indicative Active 1st Person Singular

Matthew 16:18
I am yet saying to thee that thou art being Peter/Petros <4074> and upon this, the rock, I shall be building of Me the Assembly and gates of Hades not shall be prevailing of it.

Mark 14:58 That we hear Him saying that I shall be demolishing this Sanctuary the hand made and during/thru three days another I shall be building without hands

Luke 12:18 And He said this I shall be doing I shall be pulling My barns and greater ones I shall be building and I shall be gathering there all My grain and My goods
================
STRONGS NT 3618: οἰκοδομέω
οἰκοδομέω, οἰκοδομῶ; imperfect ᾠκοδόμουν; future οἰκοδομήσω; 1 aorist ᾠκοδόμησα (ὀικοδόμησα Tr WH in Acts 7:47; see Tdf. at the passage; Proleg., p. 120; WHs Appendix, p. 161; Lob. ad Phryn., p. 153; Winers Grammar, § 12, 4; Buttmann, 34 (30)); passive (present ὀικοδομοῦμαι (infinitive οἰκοδομεῖσθαι, Luke 6:48 Treg.); perfect infinitive οἰκοδομῆσθαι (Luke 6:48 T WH)); pluperfect 3 person singular ᾠκοδόμητο; 1 aorist ὠκοδομήθην (ὀικοδομήθην, T WH in John 2:20); 1 future ὀικοδομηθήσομαι; (οἰκοδόμος, which see); from Herodotus down; the Sept. for בָּנָה; to build a house. erect a building;
a. properly,
α. to build (up from the foundation): absolutely, Luke 11:48 G T WH Tr text Luke 14:30; 17:28; οἱ οἰκοδομοῦντες, a substantive, the builders (cf. Winers Grammar, § 45, 7; Buttmann, § 144, 11), Matthew 21:42; Mark 12:10; Luke 20:17; Acts 4:11 Rec.; 1 Peter 2:7, from Psalm 117:22 (Ps. 118); ἐπ' ἀλλότριον θεμέλιον, to build upon a foundation laid by others, i. e. (without a figure) to carry on instruction begun by others, Romans 15:20; οἰκοδομεῖν τί, Galatians 2:18; πύργον, Matthew 21:33; Mark 12:1; Luke 14:28; ἀποθήκας, Luke 12:18; ναόν, Mark 14:58; passive John 2:20 (on the aorist cf. 2 Esdr. 5:16); οἶκον, passive, 1 Peter 2:5 ((here T ἐποικον), cf. Winer's Grammar, 603 (561), and add ὀικούργειν τά κατά τόν οἶκον, Clement of Rome, 1 Cor. 1, 3 [ET]); (οἰκίαν, Luke 6:48 (cf. Winer's Grammar, the passage cited)); συναγωγήν or οἶκον τίνι, for the use of or in honor of one, Luke 7:5; Acts 7:47, 49 (Genesis 8:20; Ezekiel 16:24); οἰκίαν ἐπί τί, Matthew 7:24, 26; Luke 6:49; πόλιν ἐπ' ὄρους, Luke 4:29.
β. contextually equivalent to to restore by building, to rebuild, repair: τί, Matthew 23:29; Matthew 26:61; Matthew 27:40; Mark 15:29; Luke 11:47 and R (L brackets Tr marginal reading) in 48.
b. metaphorically,
α. equivalent to to found: ἐπί ταύτῃ τῇ πέτρα οἰκοδομήσω μου τήν ἐκκλησίαν, i. e. by reason of the strength of thy faith thou shalt be my principal support in the establishment of my church, Matthew 16:18.
β. Since both a Christian church and individual Christians are likened to a building or temple in which God or the Holy Spirit dwells (1 Corinthians 3:9, 16ff; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21), the erection of which temple will not be completely finished till the return of Christ from heaven,
those who, by action, instruction, exhortation, comfort, promote the Christian wisdom of others and help them to live a correspondent life are regarded as taking part in the erection of that building, and hence, are said οἰκοδομεῖν, i. e. (dropping the figure) to promote growth in Christian wisdom, affection, grace, virtue, holiness, blessedness: absolutely, Acts 20:32 L T Tr WH; 1 Corinthians 8:1; 1 Corinthians 10:23; τινα, 1 Corinthians 14:4; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; passive to grow in wisdom, piety, etc., Acts 9:31; 1 Corinthians 14:17; universally, to give one strength and courage, dispose to: εἰς τήν πίστιν, Polycarp, ad Philip. 3, 2 [ET] (yet here to be built up into (in) etc.); even to do what is wrong (A. V. embolden), εἰς τό τά εἰδωλόθυτα ἐσθίειν, 1 Corinthians 8:10 (cf. Winer's Grammar, § 39, 3 N. 3). This metaphorical use of the verb Paul, in the opinion of Fritzsche (Ep. ad Romans, iii., p. 205f), did not derive from the figure, of building a temple, but from the O. T., where "בָּנָה and הָרַס with an accusative of the person (to build one up and to pull one down) denote to bless and to ruin; to prosper and to injure, anyone"; cf. Psalm 27:5 (Ps. 28:5); Jeremiah 24:6; Jeremiah 40:7 (Jer. 33:7). (Compare: ἀνοικοδομέω, ἐποικοδομέω, συνοικοδομέω.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To me, this seems to be a concern about false teachings and imposter letters - not a "worry" about the Day of the Lord coming to them.
, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
This was their exact concern

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dave L said:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:Revelation 1:1 (KJV 1900)
Berean Tim said:
Question for 70 AD folks ,
If the Parousia was exclusive to the Jew and Judea. Why were the Thessalonians so worry about it ?
2ndThessalonians 2:1-2
1Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
mkgal1 said:
To me, this seems to be a concern about false teachings and imposter letters - not a "worry" about the Day of the Lord coming to them.
, 2that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
This was their exact concern
Did the 1st century pre-70AD Hebrew Jews realize what the Day of the Lord meant for them back then?

Amos 5:
16 Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Hosts, the Lord, says:
“There will be wailing in all the public squares and cries of ‘Alas! Alas!’ in all the streets. The farmer will be summoned to mourn, and the mourners to wail.
17 There will be wailing in all the vineyards, for I will pass through your midst,” says the LORD.
18 Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD! What will the Day of the LORD be for you? It will be darkness and not light.
It will be like a man who flees from a lion,only to encounter a bear, or who enters his house and rests his hand against the wall, only to be bitten by a snake.
20 Will not the Day of the LORD be darkness and not light, even gloom with no brightness in it?
21 I hate, I despise your feasts! I cannot stand the stench of your solemn assemblies.
22 Even though you offer Me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them;
for your peace offerings of fattened cattle, I will have no regard.
23 Take away from Me the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
25 “Did you bring Me sacrifices and offerings forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?
26 You have taken along Sakkuth your king and Kaiwan your star god,b the idols you made for yourselves.
Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,” says the LORD, whose name is the God of Hosts.

============================
Eze 20:38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
Hos 5:2 The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them.

====================
Also see:
Rapture refuted

The Destruction Of JERUSALEM An Absolute and Irresistible PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF CHRISTIANITY: INCLUDING A NARRATIVE OF THE CALAMITIES WHICH BEFEL THE JEWS

Last edited:
Upvote 0