Did the early church worship on Sabbath?

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are reading into that verse and ignoring other parts of scripture. Scripture clearly tells us not to go outside of God's Word. Isa 8:20

Jesus also in His own Words tells us if we keep our traditions over the commandments of God - quoting right from the Ten- one heart is far from Him- is that what a believer wants- to have our hearts far from God which is opposite of the New Covenant- God's law written by God in our hearts. Heb 8:10. While some traditions are fine- it's when they lead us away from God's Word Isa 8:20- away from God's commandments Mat 15:3-14- it is literally taking one down the wrong path and a path that leads one in a ditch Mat 15:14. We have free will, but its not the direction I would want to go. Jesus tells us not a jot or tittle can be removed from His law until all is fulfilled which is when Jesus returns. His teachings will lead us on the path back to Him we just need to place our faith in Him and trust His Word.
It is time for you to come out of the first covenant, which Jesus finished and made obsolete, and be obedient to his teachings in his own New Covenant.

Scripture refutes your dogma of scripture alone! Scripture does not need to be stated any plainer than this:

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then,
brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.

Like I said before, I cannot continue a conversation with anyone who denies the fact that God's word was handed down by word-of-mouth tradition and by letter, aka scripture tradition. Both traditions are equally important.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is time for you to come out of the first covenant, which Jesus finished and made obsolete, and be obedient to his teachings in his own New Covenant.

Scripture refutes your dogma of scripture alone! Scripture does not need to be stated any plainer than this:

brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.

Like I said before, I cannot continue a conversation with anyone who denies the fact that God's word was handed down by word-of-mouth tradition and by letter, aka scripture tradition. Both traditions are equally important.
You might consider trying to reconcile the scriptures that puts this one verse in its context. If its danger going outside of God's Word Isa 8:20, do not edit or add to His Word Pro 30:5-6- which comes with some consequences - the traditions this verse speaks of has to be in harmony with God's Word, not going against the very teachings of Jesus Mat 5:18-30, Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13 which His Words we are to live by Mat 4:4

The New Covenant is God's law written in our heart Heb 8:10, not tradition where we can make up our own rules over obeying God's- something Jesus condemned. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you're going to ignore all of the scripture that puts this one verse in its context. Thats a choice one can make.

The New Covenant is God's law written in our heart Heb 8:10, not tradition where we can make up our own rules over obeying God's- something Jesus condemned. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13

You may continue to ignore this New Covenant teaching. This is your choice to make.

I am unsubscribing from this thread. I have nothing more to add to this topic. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
the fact that the apostles were observing the Sabbath as has been shown many times over in the book of Acts.
... not only in the book of Acts,
but all other books of Scripture,
and as YHVH permitted or even directed Himself in the small percentage of reported "news" that is not/was not/ deceptive for the last 2000 years.

Upvote 0