• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Did Paul consider himself a "sinner", are we supposed to think of ourselves as sinners...?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Neogaia777, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Can I ask how and why Jesus made Peter the rock that Christ built His church upon, when Jesus told Peter He would deny Him three times and not only did Peter reply , ‘Never Lord’ and then did just that but was warned in advance by Jesus he would do it.

In your theology, Peter would be willfully sinning.

2. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Amen

3. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,515
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Matthew 1:21
    And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Do you believe Christ has done this yet? If So, what is your definition of being saved from sin?

4. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,966
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I’ve stated this already—being forgiven.

5. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    That was before the crucifixion wasn't it? And Peter repented bitterly. Without the Holy Spirit we sin. When did Peter receive the Holy Spirit?

6. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    What willful sins would you be committing if you walked in the Spirit and you are dead to sin? Romans 6:2 and Romans 8:8-9? Did Jesus plan on you to continuously sin in rebellion when He has given you His Spirit who never sins?

2 Peter 1:9 "For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins." (And that is ALL of his old sins. There is no sin too bad before coming to Christ that would make Him not cleanse you and give you His Spirit.)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  7. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The question is not whether Peter sinned, the question is

"Why after Peter's sin, did Jesus Christ, God Himself call Peter the rock that He would build His Church upon"

Because if God, who Jesus Christ is did not believe that He died for willful sin, like Peter's than wouldn't Christ be being dishonest in that He would build His Church upon a man who would do right to His Face what He would not justify us for later, after His death?

How does that make sense in the understanding that Jesus Christ is God and perfect? That would be God contridicting His own rules that He would soon be putting into the New Covenant.

God doesn't contridict Himself.

8. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why are you asking me to answer a question that is not even my hyothesis or theology?

You tell me you never lie to your boss about that you are sick. Or that you never want what someone else has, a car, a house, children, a happy marriage or shoes, or anything.

Let's go through each of the ten commandments because you are not holding yourself to the perfection of them if you say you do not sin. Never not love your neighbor, not love anyone. Never are selfish, give your money to those in need, the least of these who are hungry, widows orphans, helping everyone who needs help. Never being selfish.

You are putting yourself right in line with the perfect life after salvation that Christ lived, so let's talk about your life and mine and let's be honest.

I don't want to talk hypotheticals. Let's talk life, each day how we live and be honest.

You game? I am

9. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Jesus KNEW Peter would sin, but He also KNEW that Peter would repent. It is called foreknowledge.

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

The knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God is the rock. Jesus is the cornerstone, not Peter.

10. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    The scriptures that I quoted are NOT in your theology? What book is your theology based on?

11. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Sorry, but I am not going to brag about my life. You have no idea, and it is not up to us to SAY we don't sin, but to show it with our life for others to judge.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  12. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Show that Peter repented for this particular sin in the Bible.

This other verse has nothing to do with the previous verses it is a different context and situation.

So let's get back to Peter denying Jesus three times and Christ building His Church upon Peter after willful sin.

13. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    So your life is so perfect, like Christ's that you would be bragging about all the wonderful things God is doing in your life each and every day and how loving and perfect you are that you keep all of God's commands perfectly as Christ did?

You are Jesus Christ's mini-me.

Why not brag, I'm sure others will be very inspired by all the love and perfection you do in the world and for God's Kingdom each day.

Perfection often inspires. So inspire me please.

I promise I will not judge you for being perfect and like Christ if that is what you are, like God Himself, Jesus Christ every moment of every second of every day, week, year and decade.

I'll be impressed and I don't impress easy.

14. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Matthew 26:75 "And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly."

That is repentance.

15. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Sorry, anyone can discern your motives are not what you say.

16. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    They are part of scripture and Bible verses, but they must be in context.

So I'm saying you do not understand them correctly.

17. ToBeLoved

+5,670
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Well, you just called me a liar, which is bearing false witness against me, because my motives are true and GOD KNOWS THAT, but you are not perfect like God and you have broken the Law and sinned.

So, you just proved yourself a sinner.

So please don't tell me how you don't sin. You sin 5 minutes after you tell me how you NEVER sin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  18. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Okay, so take those verses and explain them.

Romans 6:2

Romans 8:8-9

19. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    No, because it was the truth. Who is the sinner? Judge yourself and see.

20. 1stcenturylady

+4,159
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    I will continue this later. Signing off for now.