Did Jesus give us an Eleventh Commandment?

How do you see Jesus' new commandment?

• An additional commandment brings the total commandments to eleven in the new covenant.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A replacement of the ten previous commandments where we no longer have to keep the Sabbath.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Brother, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you. There is only one Church. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday January 13, 2023 at 9:55 am EST! One church when that church follows God's word and not human traditions in contradiction to God's word.
This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.
I believe we already talked about the entire church keeping the same laws. With that in mind, have laws about the feasts been made clear to the church? Also united in one body!
So far, what the word of God reveals to me is different than the tradition of my church, including the traditions of all known Christian denominations. I believe that what the Bible is revealing is a modified Passover where the death of an animal is replaced with new symbolism of Jesus' body and blood as substitutes for the prior death of animals. Here is what our prophetess said on the topic, where I highlight an example of how Passover changed once they arrived in the promised land as an example of how it should change after Jesus.

“The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till He come.” 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.​
Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages.​
The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord's Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds.​
At the time of their deliverance from Egypt, the children of Israel ate the Passover supper standing, with their loins girded, and with their staves in their hands, ready for their journey. The manner in which they celebrated this ordinance harmonized with their condition; for they were about to be thrust out of the land of Egypt, and were to begin a painful and difficult journey through the wilderness. But in Christ's time the condition of things had changed. They were not now about to be thrust out of a strange country, but were dwellers in their own land. In harmony with the rest that had been given them, the people then partook of the Passover supper in a reclining position. Couches were placed about the table, and the guests lay upon them, resting upon the left arm, and having the right hand free for use in eating. In this position a guest could lay his head upon the breast of the one who sat next above him. And the feet, being at the outer edge of the couch, could be washed by one passing around the outside of the circle.
Christ is still at the table on which the paschal supper has been spread. The unleavened cakes used at the Passover season are before Him. The Passover wine, untouched by fermentation, is on the table. These emblems Christ employs to represent His own unblemished sacrifice. Nothing corrupted by fermentation, the symbol of sin and death, could represent the “Lamb without blemish and without spot.” 1 Peter 1:19.​
“And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is My body. And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.” (The Desire of Ages, pages 652-653)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all given to drink into one Spirit."

If you believe that humans were able to make this not true because some of us (or all of us) have believed wrong things,
then that would be a place where we're seeing it differently.

United in one church, which is his body.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
"For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all given to drink into one Spirit." If you believe that humans were able to make this not true because some of us (or all of us) have believed wrong things, then that would be a place where we're seeing it differently.
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday January 20, 2023 at 10:01 am EST! Humans have separated Jews from Greeks when God's word has always been for both. Just as a doctor can give a diagnosis based on the symptoms and signs presented by the patient, the Holy Spirit, through His guarantied word in the Bible, has written the diagnosis for our time. Most of the Christian world has abandoned the "truth" and have turned aside to "myths" (a widely held but false belief or idea), because they wrongly conclude that what God wanted in the past led to death when it was then, as it is now, the human replacement of what God wants that leads to death.
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. (2 Timothy 4:1-5 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday January 20, 2023 at 10:01 am EST! Humans have separated Jews from Greeks when God's word has always been for both. Just as a doctor can give a diagnosis based on the symptoms and signs presented by the patient, the Holy Spirit, through His guarantied word in the Bible, has written the diagnosis for our time. Most of the Christian world has abandoned the "truth" and have turned aside to "myths" (a widely held but false belief or idea), because they wrongly conclude that what God wanted in the past led to death when it was then, as it is now, the human replacement of what God wants that leads to death.
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. (2 Timothy 4:1-5 NIV)​

Brother, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

"But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels, to the festal gathering and Church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel."
Hebrews 12

In Corinth, some people had strange ideas:
"Now if Christ is preached, that he has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?"

Yet Paul was convinced that:
"For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all given to drink into one Spirit."

Holding some wrong beliefs didn't make the Corinthians more than one body.

"There is one body and one Spirit."
If you believe that there is more than one body of Christ, or no body at all, then that's a significant place where we see it differently.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

You probably know that in order to post here legitimately, a person has to say they believe:
In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

If you don't fully agree with that, you may want to ask yourself if you are posting here in an honest and above board fashion.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Holding some wrong beliefs didn't make the Corinthians more than one body.
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, January 27, 2023 at 10:08 am EST! Do you think you are in good standing before God as long as you belong to a group that you conclude should be part of the body of Christ, no matter what their "sins" are? In your opinion, a Christian is in good standing if he finds a group that suits him as long as he is a member of a group, because that group should be part of the body of Christ, regardless of the sins in which they participate. Then let me remind you of a passage where the word of God calls us to "come away from her", "do not take part in her sins", or you will be "punished with her". Remaining in sin by belonging to a group when called upon to "do not take part in her sins" is a guaranteed punishment for any member who does not heed God's warning.

He gave a mighty shout: “Babylon is fallen—that great city is fallen! She has become a home for demons. She is a hideout for every foul spirit, a hideout for every foul vulture and every foul and dreadful animal. For all the nations have fallen because of the wine of her passionate immorality. The kings of the world have committed adultery with her. Because of her desires for extravagant luxury, the merchants of the world have grown rich.” Then I heard another voice calling from heaven, “Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her. For her sins are piled as high as heaven, and God remembers her evil deeds. (Revelation 18:2-4 NLT)​

What are these sins that we must "come away from her" and "do not take part in her sins" or you will be "punished with her"? The prophet Daniel wrote about this influential period of our past that would come after Daniel.

“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:23-25 NIV)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, starting this Friday, January 27, 2023 at 10:08 am EST! Do you think you are in good standing before God as long as you belong to a group that you conclude should be part of the body of Christ, no matter what their "sins" are? In your opinion, a Christian is in good standing if he finds a group that suits him as long as he is a member of a group, because that group should be part of the body of Christ, regardless of the sins in which they participate. Then let me remind you of a passage where the word of God calls us to "come away from her", "do not take part in her sins", or you will be "punished with her". Remaining in sin by belonging to a group when called upon to "do not take part in her sins" is a guaranteed punishment for any member who does not heed God's warning.

He gave a mighty shout: “Babylon is fallen—that great city is fallen! She has become a home for demons. She is a hideout for every foul spirit, a hideout for every foul vulture and every foul and dreadful animal. For all the nations have fallen because of the wine of her passionate immorality. The kings of the world have committed adultery with her. Because of her desires for extravagant luxury, the merchants of the world have grown rich.” Then I heard another voice calling from heaven, “Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her. For her sins are piled as high as heaven, and God remembers her evil deeds. (Revelation 18:2-4 NLT)​

What are these sins that we must "come away from her" and "do not take part in her sins" or you will be "punished with her"? The prophet Daniel wrote about this influential period of our past that would come after Daniel.

“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:23-25 NIV)​

Brother, the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

The body of Christ is not the great prostitute of Babylon.

"But you have come to Mount Zion. You have come to the city of the living God. This is the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to a joyful gathering of angels. There are thousands and thousands of them. You have come to the church of God’s people. God’s first and only Son is over all things. God’s people share in what belongs to his Son. Their names are written in heaven. You have come to God, who is the Judge of all people. You have come to the spirits of godly people who have been made perfect. You have come to Jesus. He is the go-between of a new covenant. You have come to the sprinkled blood. It promises better things than the blood of Abel."

United in one faith!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The body of Christ is not the great prostitute of Babylon.
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 3, 2023 at 10:14 am EST! Those who "do not take part in her sins" are recognized because they obey "God's laws", unlike those who do not heed God's warning in the next passage.

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ (Matthew 7:21-23 NLT)​

Those who will be "punished with her" continue the sins of their mother church that has "fallen". A mother church who reigned over God's people for a "time, times and half a time".

This mother church thinks to this day it has the authority to change the "set times and the laws" by substituting human laws for "God's laws", such as Sunday, in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment.

The proliferation of Sunday churches is evidence to them of their authority, when God has already warned us, "do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her". In the past, Israel sinned against God by asking for a human king when they had rejected God as their king. God permitted them to have a human king after warning them of the pitfalls of having a human king over them. The papacy is another rejection of God as our king by having a human king with greater authority than the human kings of Israel. Not surprisingly, "fallen" has this mother church with its human king, as Israel went astray every time they had a bad king, not possible when God is our king.

"God, not Man, seperateth that which the Pope dissolves; therefore what can you make of the Pope but that he is God? The Emperor Constantine, at the council of Nice, called all Prelates Gods; therefore the Pope, being above all prelates, is above all gods. Wherefore, the Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ."--Decretal. De Translat, Episcop. Cap. Quanto. (Chandler Curtis, Illustrations of Popery 1838, page 210)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 3, 2023 at 10:14 am EST! Those who "do not take part in her sins" are recognized because they obey "God's laws", unlike those who do not heed God's warning in the next passage.

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ (Matthew 7:21-23 NLT)​

Those who will be "punished with her" continue the sins of their mother church that has "fallen". A mother church who reigned over God's people for a "time, times and half a time".

This mother church thinks to this day it has the authority to change the "set times and the laws" by substituting human laws for "God's laws", such as Sunday, in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment.

The proliferation of Sunday churches is evidence to them of their authority, when God has already warned us, "do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her". In the past, Israel sinned against God by asking for a human king when they had rejected God as their king. God permitted them to have a human king after warning them of the pitfalls of having a human king over them. The papacy is another rejection of God as our king by having a human king with greater authority than the human kings of Israel. Not surprisingly, "fallen" has this mother church with its human king, as Israel went astray every time they had a bad king, not possible when God is our king.

"God, not Man, seperateth that which the Pope dissolves; therefore what can you make of the Pope but that he is God? The Emperor Constantine, at the council of Nice, called all Prelates Gods; therefore the Pope, being above all prelates, is above all gods. Wherefore, the Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ."--Decretal. De Translat, Episcop. Cap. Quanto. (Chandler Curtis, Illustrations of Popery 1838, page 210)​

Do you believe that the body of Christ is the great prostitute of Babylon?

"Get wisdom.
Get understanding.
Don’t forget, and don’t deviate from the words of my mouth."
- Proverbs

United in one hope!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that the body of Christ is the great prostitute of Babylon?
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 10, 2023 at 10:21 am EST! This "fallen" mother church does share in the "body of Christ" by eating the bread and drinking the wine, just as all Israel was united by eating the sacrifices at the altar. Many partake of the "body of Christ" but not all do what Jesus asks of them.

Jesus plainly tells us above that only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven "will enter" the Kingdom of Heaven and not those who substitute human traditions for God's laws such as Sunday instead of the Sabbath rest day of the Fourth Commandment.

So, my dear friends, flee from the worship of idols. You are reasonable people. Decide for yourselves if what I am saying is true. When we bless the cup at the Lord’s Table, aren’t we sharing in the blood of Christ? And when we break the bread, aren’t we sharing in the body of Christ? And though we are many, we all eat from one loaf of bread, showing that we are one body. Think about the people of Israel. Weren’t they united by eating the sacrifices at the altar? (1 Corinthians 10:14-18 NLT)​

As Paul compares us to Israel above, this "fallen" church committed the same sin as Israel before Jesus of replacing the word of God with human traditions, putting Sunday in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment. Human traditions that shut the door of the "kingdom of heaven" in people's faces, as Jesus says in the following passage.

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either. “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are! “Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ Blind fools! Which is more important—the gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding. How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it. And when you swear ‘by the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. And when you swear ‘by heaven,’ you are swearing by the throne of God and by God, who sits on the throne. (Matthew 23:13-22 NLT)​

This "fallen" mother church replaced the truth of Jesus' Sabbath day of rest with the human tradition of Sunday. Most Christian churches today have not heeded God's warning to "not take part in her sins". Those who will be "punished with her" continue the sins of their mother church that has "fallen". A mother church who reigned over God's people for a "time, times and half a time".

This mother church thinks to this day it has the authority to change the "set times and the laws" by substituting human traditions for "God's laws", such as Sunday, in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 10, 2023 at 10:21 am EST! This "fallen" mother church does share in the "body of Christ" by eating the bread and drinking the wine, just as all Israel was united by eating the sacrifices at the altar. Many partake of the "body of Christ" but not all do what Jesus asks of them.

Jesus plainly tells us above that only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven "will enter" the Kingdom of Heaven and not those who substitute human traditions for God's laws such as Sunday instead of the Sabbath rest day of the Fourth Commandment.

So, my dear friends, flee from the worship of idols. You are reasonable people. Decide for yourselves if what I am saying is true. When we bless the cup at the Lord’s Table, aren’t we sharing in the blood of Christ? And when we break the bread, aren’t we sharing in the body of Christ? And though we are many, we all eat from one loaf of bread, showing that we are one body. Think about the people of Israel. Weren’t they united by eating the sacrifices at the altar? (1 Corinthians 10:14-18 NLT)​

As Paul compares us to Israel above, this "fallen" church committed the same sin as Israel before Jesus of replacing the word of God with human traditions, putting Sunday in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment. Human traditions that shut the door of the "kingdom of heaven" in people's faces, as Jesus says in the following passage.

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either. “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are! “Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ Blind fools! Which is more important—the gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding. How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it. And when you swear ‘by the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. And when you swear ‘by heaven,’ you are swearing by the throne of God and by God, who sits on the throne. (Matthew 23:13-22 NLT)​

This "fallen" mother church replaced the truth of Jesus' Sabbath day of rest with the human tradition of Sunday. Most Christian churches today have not heeded God's warning to "not take part in her sins". Those who will be "punished with her" continue the sins of their mother church that has "fallen". A mother church who reigned over God's people for a "time, times and half a time".

This mother church thinks to this day it has the authority to change the "set times and the laws" by substituting human traditions for "God's laws", such as Sunday, in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment.

"I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues."
Revelation 18

Do you believe that God's people ought to come out of the body of Christ?

United in one faith!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
"I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues." Revelation 18

Do you believe that God's people ought to come out of the body of Christ?
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 17, 2023 at 10:27 am EST! The Protestant movement for more than 500 years is the people of God returning to the word of God beginning to "come out of her" human traditions of this "fallen" mother church, which Emperor Constantine adopted as the official church of the Roman empire. Protestantism, however, has not corrected all her sins. For example, the Pope speaks "against the Most High", in his attempt to "try to change the set times and the laws" in the Fourth Commandment of God's Sabbath by replacing it with Sunday.

This replacement of the Sabbath began long before there was a pope, with the efforts by the bishops of Rome to replace the Sabbath with the Sunday church hour. This Sunday replacement of the Sabbath lasted an hour and the rest of the day was like any other day, as my former teacher shares his discoveries after studying the history of the church in Rome.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 17, 2023 at 10:27 am EST! The Protestant movement for more than 500 years is the people of God returning to the word of God beginning to "come out of her" human traditions of this "fallen" mother church, which Emperor Constantine adopted as the official church of the Roman empire. Protestantism, however, has not corrected all her sins. For example, the Pope speaks "against the Most High", in his attempt to "try to change the set times and the laws" in the Fourth Commandment of God's Sabbath by replacing it with Sunday.

This replacement of the Sabbath began long before there was a pope, with the efforts by the bishops of Rome to replace the Sabbath with the Sunday church hour. This Sunday replacement of the Sabbath lasted an hour and the rest of the day was like any other day, as my former teacher shares his discoveries after studying the history of the church in Rome.

Brother, may the Lord make his face shine on you!

Which commandments does the Protestant movement keep free from human tradition?

Exodus 22
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged to anyone and has sex with her, he must pay the customary bride price and marry her." NLT

United in one calling!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,160.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time. (Daniel 7:23-25 NIV)
A slight digression: Have you ever thought about the fact that this prophesy was written before Jesus' arrival? Did the arrival of Jesus not affect the laws and times? (For example: feasts) Don't you think that the Pharisees also used this paragraph against Jesus?

• Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Which commandments does the Protestant movement keep free from human tradition?

Exodus 22 “If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged to anyone and has sex with her, he must pay the customary bride price and marry her." NLT
A slight digression: Have you ever thought about the fact that this prophesy was written before Jesus' arrival? Did the arrival of Jesus not affect the laws and times? (For example: feasts) Don't you think that the Pharisees also used this paragraph against Jesus?
Brothers, Happy Sabbath! Jesus was not the one who “challenged the Commander of heaven's army by canceling the daily" offered to Jesus as our High Priest in the heavenly temple and who was also the official state church of the Roman Empire that destroyed God's temple in 70 AD. Here is rebellion spoken of in the Bible that remained uncorrected by most protestants until the fulfillment of the 2300-year prophesy brought it to light again. He who goes to an earthly confessional booth to gain forgiveness for his sins is putting aside the worship due Jesus in heaven in the following passage. Jesus serves daily as our High Priest in the heavenly temple to forgive sins. This heavenly ministry was cast down to earth by the bishops of Rome with the confessional, who were also those who were the official state church of the Roman Empire who destroyed the temple in 70 AD. The word "sacrifices" crossed out after the word "daily", is not in the original and was added to the Septuagint Hebrew to Greek translation. The translators, thinking they were helping, when Jesus' "daily" forgivenesses do not cause Him to die over and over again, to forgive our past sins when we turn daily in prayer to Jesus for the forgiveness of our past sins, like the death of so many animal sacrifices in the stand-in earthly temple "copy" before Jesus' death. Jesus' single death validates all His forgivenesses prior and subsequent to His death in his daily service as our High Priest in the heavenly temple.

It even challenged the Commander of heaven’s army by canceling the daily sacrifices offered to him and by destroying his Temple. The army of heaven was restrained from responding to this rebellion. So the daily sacrifice was halted, and truth was overthrown. The horn succeeded in everything it did. Then I heard two holy ones talking to each other. One of them asked, “How long will the events of this vision last? How long will the rebellion that causes desecration stop the daily sacrifices? How long will the Temple and heaven’s army be trampled on?” (Daniel 8:11-13 NLT)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brothers, Happy Sabbath! Jesus was not the one who “challenged the Commander of heaven's army by canceling the daily" offered to Jesus as our High Priest in the heavenly temple and who was also the official state church of the Roman Empire that destroyed God's temple in 70 AD. Here is rebellion spoken of in the Bible that remained uncorrected by most protestants until the fulfillment of the 2300-year prophesy brought it to light again. He who goes to an earthly confessional booth to gain forgiveness for his sins is putting aside the worship due Jesus in heaven in the following passage. Jesus serves daily as our High Priest in the heavenly temple to forgive sins. This heavenly ministry was cast down to earth by the bishops of Rome with the confessional, who were also those who were the official state church of the Roman Empire who destroyed the temple in 70 AD. The word "sacrifices" crossed out after the word "daily", is not in the original and was added to the Septuagint Hebrew to Greek translation. The translators, thinking they were helping, when Jesus' "daily" forgivenesses do not cause Him to die over and over again, to forgive our past sins when we turn daily in prayer to Jesus for the forgiveness of our past sins, like the death of so many animal sacrifices in the stand-in earthly temple "copy" before Jesus' death. Jesus' single death validates all His forgivenesses prior and subsequent to His death in his daily service as our High Priest in the heavenly temple.

It even challenged the Commander of heaven’s army by canceling the daily sacrifices offered to him and by destroying his Temple. The army of heaven was restrained from responding to this rebellion. So the daily sacrifice was halted, and truth was overthrown. The horn succeeded in everything it did. Then I heard two holy ones talking to each other. One of them asked, “How long will the events of this vision last? How long will the rebellion that causes desecration stop the daily sacrifices? How long will the Temple and heaven’s army be trampled on?” (Daniel 8:11-13 NLT)​

Brother, may the Lord make his face shine on you!

I mean which commandments
from the law of Moses
does the Protestant movement keep free from human tradition?

Is there a commandment in the law of Moses that says confess your sins directly to God? Maybe there is, I can't think of one right off.

It shall be, when he is guilty of one of these, he shall confess that in which he has sinned; and he shall bring his trespass offering to the Lord for his sin which he has sinned.
Leviticus 5

But the Protestant movement doesn't keep that law. Is there one that they do?

United in one calling!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I mean which commandments from the law of Moses does the Protestant movement keep free from human tradition?
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 24, 2023 at 10:32 am EST! One of the early breakaways from this "fallen" mother church was over the believer's baptism by immersion, opposing the practice of infant baptism. The most important breakaway was over access to the Bible for every believer in the believers' original language as the standard of faith, rather than the leadership of this "fallen" mother church imposing their human traditions without opposition because they kept the Bible out of the reach of most people in Latin, not allowing translations to any other language, when Latin is not an original language of the Bible.

And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the LORD.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the LORD. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” (Jeremiah 31:34 NLT)​
Is there a commandment in the law of Moses that says confess your sins directly to God? Maybe there is, I can't think of one right off. It shall be, when he is guilty of one of these, he shall confess that in which he has sinned; and he shall bring his trespass offering to the Lord for his sin which he has sinned. Leviticus 5
Jesus began His many "daily" forgivenesses as our High Priest in the true heavenly temple, for which the earthly was a shadow, a temporary stand-in copy. Before the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest, you turned to the earthly temple with Human Priests and animal sacrifices to benefit from God's many forgivnesses. Since the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest to give many faster "daily" forgivenesses, now you pray for forgiveness, which takes place in the true heavenly temple where Jesus serves as our High Priest for the many "daily" forgivenesses mentioned in the following passage:

Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one. “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:9-15 NLT)​
But the Protestant movement doesn't keep that law. Is there one that they do?
You seem to be thinking there should be an instantaneous change when there has been a gradual growth to correct the many sins of our "fallen" mother church through the study of the Bible. We adopted the Sabbath from a member of a Baptist church. A Baptist church whose effort to return to the truths in the Bible corrected the human tradition of Sunday as a substitute for the Sabbath begun by the bishops of Rome. Important in the Bible is how we gain forgiveness through Jesus as our High Priest; a rebellion by this "fallen" mother church uncorrected by most protestants until the fulfillment of the 2300-year prophesy in 1844 brought it to light again. He who goes to an earthly confessional booth to gain forgiveness for his sins is putting aside the worship due Jesus in heaven in the following passage. Jesus serves daily as our High Priest in the heavenly temple to forgive sins. This heavenly worship of Jesus was cast down to earth by the bishops of Rome with the confessional, who were also those who were the official state church of the Roman Empire who destroyed the temple in 70 AD. The word "sacrifices" crossed out after the word "daily", is not in the original and was added to the Septuagint Hebrew to Greek translation. The translators, thinking they were helping, when Jesus' many "daily" forgivenesses do not cause Him to die over and over again, to forgive our past sins when we turn daily in prayer to Jesus for the many forgivenesses of our past sins, like the death of so many animal sacrifices in the stand-in earthly temple "copy" before the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest. Jesus' single death validates all His forgivenesses prior and subsequent to His death in his daily service as our High Priest in the heavenly temple. Rome was not the first empire to destroy God's temple in 70 AD. Babylon was the first empire to destroy God's temple in 587 BC. The last book in the Bible uses Babylon to identify this "fallen" mother church as taken over by Rome's imperial aspirations of ruling over the whole world. Rome, also like Babylon, destroyed God's temple in 70 AD and took God's people hostage "for a time, times and half a time" as Daniel was taken to Babylon. Hence, the identification of Rome by using the first empire to do something similar. In the book of Revelation, the established history of Babylon was used to identify a future event by Rome.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday February 24, 2023 at 10:32 am EST! One of the early breakaways from this "fallen" mother church was over the believer's baptism by immersion, opposing the practice of infant baptism. The most important breakaway was over access to the Bible for every believer in the believers' original language as the standard of faith, rather than the leadership of this "fallen" mother church imposing their human traditions without opposition because they kept the Bible out of the reach of most people in Latin, not allowing translations to any other language, when Latin is not an original language of the Bible.

And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the LORD.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the LORD. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” (Jeremiah 31:34 NLT)​

Jesus began His many "daily" forgivenesses as our High Priest in the true heavenly temple, for which the earthly was a shadow, a temporary stand-in copy. Before the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest, you turned to the earthly temple with Human Priests and animal sacrifices to benefit from God's many forgivnesses. Since the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest to give many faster "daily" forgivenesses, now you pray for forgiveness, which takes place in the true heavenly temple where Jesus serves as our High Priest for the many "daily" forgivenesses mentioned in the following passage:

Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one. “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:9-15 NLT)​

You seem to be thinking there should be an instantaneous change when there has been a gradual growth to correct the many sins of our "fallen" mother church through the study of the Bible. We adopted the Sabbath from a member of a Baptist church. A Baptist church whose effort to return to the truths in the Bible corrected the human tradition of Sunday as a substitute for the Sabbath begun by the bishops of Rome. Important in the Bible is how we gain forgiveness through Jesus as our High Priest; a rebellion by this "fallen" mother church uncorrected by most protestants until the fulfillment of the 2300-year prophesy in 1844 brought it to light again. He who goes to an earthly confessional booth to gain forgiveness for his sins is putting aside the worship due Jesus in heaven in the following passage. Jesus serves daily as our High Priest in the heavenly temple to forgive sins. This heavenly worship of Jesus was cast down to earth by the bishops of Rome with the confessional, who were also those who were the official state church of the Roman Empire who destroyed the temple in 70 AD. The word "sacrifices" crossed out after the word "daily", is not in the original and was added to the Septuagint Hebrew to Greek translation. The translators, thinking they were helping, when Jesus' many "daily" forgivenesses do not cause Him to die over and over again, to forgive our past sins when we turn daily in prayer to Jesus for the many forgivenesses of our past sins, like the death of so many animal sacrifices in the stand-in earthly temple "copy" before the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest. Jesus' single death validates all His forgivenesses prior and subsequent to His death in his daily service as our High Priest in the heavenly temple. Rome was not the first empire to destroy God's temple in 70 AD. Babylon was the first empire to destroy God's temple in 587 BC. The last book in the Bible uses Babylon to identify this "fallen" mother church as taken over by Rome's imperial aspirations of ruling over the whole world. Rome, also like Babylon, destroyed God's temple in 70 AD and took God's people hostage "for a time, times and half a time" as Daniel was taken to Babylon. Hence, the identification of Rome by using the first empire to do something similar. In the book of Revelation, the established history of Babylon was used to identify a future event by Rome.

Brother, may the peace of the Lord be always with you!

We're discussing commandments from the law of Moses. Recently, we've been talking about which commandments from the law of Moses the Protestant movement has kept free from human tradition.

When you talk about baptism and confession, are you looking at commandments from the law of Moses? Which ones?

United in one Church!

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
When you talk about baptism and confession, are you looking at commandments from the law of Moses? Which ones?
Brother, happy Sabbath, which starts this Friday March 3, 2023 at 10:38 am EST! Due to the many distractions caused by shallow teachers telling the descendants of Protestants what they want to hear, there is a misunderstanding of God's plan of salvation with Jesus as our High Priest.

The stand-in earthly temple "copy" of Jesus as our High Priest in heaven, showed that our sins do not end on the cross. The sacrifice for sin that stood for Jesus only moved our sins to the temple. At the end of the year, corresponding to the "judgment day" in the next passage, the collected sins of the people in the temple are moved again out of the temple onto one of two goats who ultimately bears all our confessed unwanted sins. This goat is taken out to be pushed off a cliff. The Mishna teaches that it was dashed to pieces before it made it halfway down the cliff.

What the temple shows is that if we want to continue sinning after learning the truth, we will not only pay for our sins, but also for the sins of those forgiven in the judgment that took place at the end of the year on the Day of Atonement.

“Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me. If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to tell them to change their ways, then they will die in their sins, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths. But if you warn them to repent and they don’t repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself. (Ezekiel 33:7-9 NLT)​

When we seek forgiveness daily through our High Priest Jesus by quickly turning in prayer to Jesus in the temple in heaven, every time we sin, it is as if God places the guilt on those who chose to remain in sin as the ones contributing to the sins of the forgiven. Those who seek freedom from sin struggle to overcome their sinful desires through Jesus' many forgivnesses.

Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you. Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living. (Romans 6:15-18 NLT)​

This struggle is made more difficult by the continuing sinfulness surrounding us. Jesus clearly tells us above that His sacrifice is for those "who actually do the will of my Father in heaven". The book of Hebrews confirms below that Jesus' sacrifice is not for those who break God's Eleven Commandments, teaching others to disobey and continue to sin because Jesus covers them, when that misunderstanding is busted in the next passage. God's forgivnesses are for those who make the effort to obey and not for those who deliberately continue sinning. Claiming wrongly that Jesus' sacrifice covers the disobedient to God's law who deliberately continue sinning by saying we no longer need to obey what those before were asked to obey in the previous glory of the Ten Commandments compared to the greater glory of the now Eleven Commandments.

Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. (Hebrews 10:26 NLT)​

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, peace be with you!

Let us seek the wisdom of the Lord for how to live!

For the Lord gives wisdom.
Out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.
7 He lays up sound wisdom for the upright.
He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8 that he may guard the paths of justice,
and preserve the way of his saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice,
equity and every good path.
Proverbs 2

United in seeking God's wisdom!

Upvote 0