USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I lose my job, not due to my lack of proper action.. but just due to economy or company events... then.. God allowed it.

If someone is prayerfully looking for a job.. and they are offered one.. God allowed it.
If you cannot land an interview... God is not allowing you to have one.
If they are given the choice of two different jobs... God is giving them a choice.
If your wife has a miscarriage... God allowed it.
If your roof gets a leak.. God allowed it.
If your find $20.00 on the ground.. God allowed it.

If you get an ingrown toenail... God allowed it.

If you get a virus.. God allowed it.

If you don't get sick from COVID19... then.... God didn't allow you to get sick.
God works all things after the counsel of his own will according to Paul. And all things work for good to those who love the Lord.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This works out for the gospel. Some people will not repent as long as they live in peace, the 2nd horse has power to take away peace, that in turn causes many to repent and receive the Lord. The 3rd horse is famine which often follows war. Again, many will not repent as long as they are fed, but when they are hungry it causes many to repent. Depressions and revivals go hand in hand. Likewise with pestilence. Many think they are invincible and then a tiny invisible disease comes along, blows on their investments and they are revealed to be nothing but a vapor, their jobs also, and that will in turn cause even more people to repent and receive the Lord. This is merciful. The first horse, the gospel, has conquered and is conquering throughout history. These other horses cannot conquer, only cause people to turn to the Lord.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do we answer unbelievers who ask Christians, why our loving God would (allow or send) this microscopic enemy to reek such devastating havoc on the world.

There's a lot of disagreement among professing Christians on, whether God sent this virus or whether it was manufactured in a lab and sent out to be used as a weapon of war. Or whether it's neither of those and it's just a random quirk of nature.

I'm not claiming to know the exact origin, but I do believe that God is sovereign over all of His creation. And nothing happens apart from His predetermined will.

So even if it was created by someone will evil intentions, God still uses evil to accomplish His good purpose. I found this very hard to accept, until I realized that I was trying to conform God to my own image.

I can't think of the Bible passages right now, which say that God has only revealed a very limited amount about Himself to us at this time. But He will reveal a lot more in eternity so as hard as it is, we just have to keep trusting in Him.

In the story of Joseph we learn that what his brothers intended towards evil against Joseph, God intended for good. In the end, God turned things around whereby Joseph and his brothers reconciled with each other. God turned a bad situation into a good one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do we answer unbelievers who ask Christians, why our loving God would (allow or send) this microscopic enemy to reek such devastating havoc on the world.

There's a lot of disagreement among professing Christians on, whether God sent this virus or whether it was manufactured in a lab and sent out to be used as a weapon of war. Or whether it's neither of those and it's just a random quirk of nature.

I'm not claiming to know the exact origin, but I do believe that God is sovereign over all of His creation. And nothing happens apart from His predetermined will.

So even if it was created by someone will evil intentions, God still uses evil to accomplish His good purpose. I found this very hard to accept, until I realized that I was trying to conform God to my own image.

I can't think of the Bible passages right now, which say that God has only revealed a very limited amount about Himself to us at this time. But He will reveal a lot more in eternity so as hard as it is, we just have to keep trusting in Him.

Job is another such story whereby God had tested his most righteous servant at that time. Job cracked a little under the pressure, but through his testing and trials he drew closer to God by them in a way he never thought possible.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟198,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow! My Bible tells me that Jesus died to save sinners, even the chiefest of sinners. My Bible also tells me that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to die.
Your bible sounds like it makes Jesus out to be a loser, He seems to have failed in His mission to save sinners. So He has to cast the majority into hell.
The God of my Bible, doesn't love the whole world. He only loves His Son and by default, those who are in Him. There's nothing to love about us sinners, our best works are as filthy rags in his sight.
Don't forget, He killed every man woman and child on the planet save 8 before. Do you think that He would kill billions of His beloved?

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟198,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Job is another such story whereby God had tested his most righteous servant at that time. Job cracked a little under the pressure, but through his testing and trials he drew closer to God by them in a way he never thought possible.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't the Bible teach that a harsh providence such as a plague is a two edged sword. It serves as a judgement on the unbelieving world but it forges and strengthens the faith of believers.
Christians seem to fall asleep at the wheel, when everything is hunky dory. We can get too comfortable in the world, and let our guard down and give the enemy an advantage.

• Agree
Reactions: ZNP
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the story of Joseph we learn that what his brothers intended towards evil against Joseph, God intended for good. In the end, God turned things around whereby Joseph and his brothers reconciled with each other. God turned a bad situation into a good one.
I think that is the most interesting part of the story, how Joseph made peace with his brothers.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟198,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No God did not "send" this virus. There are virus's in this world due to the fact that it is a fallen world.

What do we tell non believers?

You tell them that God intended the world to be perfect. However, we sinned and allowed all of this to enter.

However... at the end of time on earth, those that have been faithful will have an eternity with their creator in a perfect, sinless world with no sickness, no pain, no tears, no worry.....

Then ask them if they would like to enjoy that type of eternity.
I personally don't share your view, as I believe that God is sovereign over all things. I can't emphasis the term "all things" strongly enough.

so I believe that God actually predetermined everything, including this virus. I will never attempt to workout, why God does what He does. That's His personal business, He reveals what He wants us to know at this time so we should be glad He hasn't left us in the dark.

Our minds are puny, but His is infinitely greater so we would blow our motherboards, hard drives and CPU's if we attempted to work out His divine will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your bible sounds like it makes Jesus out to be a loser, He seems to have failed in His mission to save sinners.
Not to me He didn't.

So He has to cast the majority into hell.
The God of my Bible, doesn't love the whole world. He only loves His Son and by default, those who are in Him. There's nothing to love about us sinners, our best works are as filthy rags in his sight.
Don't forget, He killed every man woman and child on the planet save 8 before. Do you think that He would kill billions of His beloved?
I think that all things work out together for good to those that love God and are called according to His purpose. I don't understand why there has to be a hell, but I do believe it serves a purpose.

At the same time I believe that there are people who have done things that are worthy of being sent to hell but the door is still open for them to repent. I believe that it is not God's will that any would perish.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟198,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Not to me He didn't.

I think that all things work out together for good to those that love God and are called according to His purpose. I don't understand why there has to be a hell, but I do believe it serves a purpose.

At the same time I believe that there are people who have done things that are worthy of being sent to hell but the door is still open for them to repent. I believe that it is not God's will that any would perish.
I appreciate the fact that some of Gods attributes may seem harsh or even unfair from our fallen, perspective. Nowhere does the Bible tell us to judge, God's motives or to get into His mind in any way.
We are commanded to trust in Him with everything we have, so even if hell doesn't sound fair to us we still need to believe everything Christ said about it. He spoke about it 70% more times than heaven, so it's a pretty serious subject.
If we love our family and friends, then we must warn them about it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't the Bible teach that a harsh providence such as a plague is a two edged sword. It serves as a judgement on the unbelieving world but it forges and strengthens the faith of believers.
Christians seem to fall asleep at the wheel, when everything is hunky dory. We can get too comfortable in the world, and let our guard down and give the enemy an advantage.

Not sure how your point here connects with anything I said, friend.
I am not in disagreement against tough times for believers.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Can you think of any verses you've seen concerning God and the creation of evil?
That's a different topic. They have had entire threads on the argument of God creating evil.

Let's stick to whether God sent this on to earth as punishment... shall we?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So why do you think he's not the cause of COVID19?
Because, God does not "send" punishments onto people. Yes, He did it to the Hebrews... But, He doesn't punish people or the world, like that.. He just allows things to happen.

The one who may have perpetuated this would be more in line with Satan.

Satan would do this and deceive people to believe that God is punishing them. Satan would do this in order to make people hypersensitive to communicable diseases... the dangers of contamination from paper and coin money..

This would then lead to mandatory vaccinations... followed by mandatory marks on people so that we could buy or sell without paper money..

Next time a pandemic comes through, the governments are going to use all the things that they learned from the mistakes that they made here.... and... make vaccination mandatory.

• Agree
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0