California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
not quite as each and every human being has a beginning at conception in the womb. We will live for eternity in the afterlife either with Jesus or without Him in the lake of fire which is everlasting.

Forever is not eternal.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or could he have just decided since hes perfect he doesn't need anything else and simply created nothing?

Or since God is perfect and he created us if he didn't create us he wouldn't be perfect so he had to create us?
Paul says he created all to reveal his glory to the heavenly host.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There was an age before this flesh age in which All the sons of God shouted with joy. Because of Satan's rebellion in that age (the Tohu Va Bohu in the Hebrew, Katabole in the Greek) and drew a third of us with him, our Father decided to send all of us through the flesh, once, to see if we would be true to Him, or Satan. Love not this world, nor the things of this world . . . The flesh age is a test, it is only a test. We must keep our names in the Book of Life.
I don't hold to this view. Unless I misunderstand you. Humans were not some other beings that have been put into flesh bodies to prove their love for God.

Humans were created by God, in His image for fellowship with Him. He formed Adam with His own hands, breathed life into him and then made Eve from Adams rib.

All the living breath of every human... is from that first breath of God into Adams nostrils.

Angels are Angels... The Trinity is God... Demons are the disembodied souls of the angel human hybrids of Genesis 6. Humans...... are.... .humans.

Humans were created by God.. for Him to have fellowship with a being that chooses Him..

This is why we are given free will and a choice to follow Him or reject Him...

He only wants those that have, of their own free will... chosen to trust Him..chosen over another selfish denial of a choice..

Choosing the narrow less attractive road... in this life... in order to be given blessings and wonders beyond anything we can imagine... for eternity... in the future.

Not programed. Not forced. Not conditioned to follow Him.. but... on our own.. For eternal fellowship with our creator.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is God obligated to create beings to share in his love since he is all good? Therefore making the creation of humanity mandatory?
Since God can create beings some of whom will be gifted beyond their imagination, God will have to for the sake of these individuals and not to get anything for Himself but hardship. That is who God is.

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or could he have just decided since hes perfect he doesn't need anything else and simply created nothing?

Or since God is perfect and he created us if he didn't create us he wouldn't be perfect so he had to create us?
It is hard to know why the perfect uncreated God created us because he does not need us like we need him. I've heard theories revolving around God as an artist, God as love, and God as rooted in perfect fellowship in the Trinity wanting to pull us into that kind of fellowship.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since God can create beings some of whom will be gifted beyond their imagination, God will have to for the sake of these individuals and not to get anything for Himself but hardship. That is who God is.
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Can there be anything that is new to God? Or how can God have a Son?

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait wat...?

Who are the 3rd and who is their father?
Hi Tone, too deep of subject to go into detail, but the third is mentioned in Revelation 12:4. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and cast them to the earth. . . And Who is our Father? Behold, all souls are Mine . . . Ezekiel 18:4

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't hold to this view. Unless I misunderstand you. Humans were not some other beings that have been put into flesh bodies to prove their love for God.

Humans were created by God, in His image for fellowship with Him. He formed Adam with His own hands, breathed life into him and then made Eve from Adams rib.

All the living breath of every human... is from that first breath of God into Adams nostrils.

Angels are Angels... The Trinity is God... Demons are the disembodied souls of the angel human hybrids of Genesis 6. Humans...... are.... .humans.

Humans were created by God.. for Him to have fellowship with a being that chooses Him..

This is why we are given free will and a choice to follow Him or reject Him...

He only wants those that have, of their own free will... chosen to trust Him..chosen over another selfish denial of a choice..

Choosing the narrow less attractive road... in this life... in order to be given blessings and wonders beyond anything we can imagine... for eternity... in the future.

Not programed. Not forced. Not conditioned to follow Him.. but... on our own.. For eternal fellowship with our creator.
Hi Bratt, by your reply we agree more than disagree. Of course, Father created all of us. Adam's RIB, in the Hebrew is "the curve, the spiral", DNA. And our Father will force no one to love Him, it must be our choice to love Him, which is why this is a test, this is only a test. Love not this world, nor the things of this world . . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God obligated to create beings to share in his love since he is all good? Therefore making the creation of humanity mandatory?
I would not go so far to say the Lord was obligated to make created beings. Though I can imagine some deep theories on the subject. All I can say is the Lord is obligated to keep his promises. Even then you cannot put him in a box. Like God promised to grow his kingdom but not one's personal ministry...etc.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is by Himself eternally perfect, with and without creation. He did not need to create anything, but in His goodness, He chose to. Not only this, but the Son of God became flesh - God assumed humanity, so now God is sharing in our human nature in Christ. This doesn't mean that God has become more or less perfect, but rather that we get to share in God's holiness. We are clothed with Christ's righteousness, holiness, and perfection.

In very simple terms, I guess we could say that God creates and sustains us out of love and grace, not of any kind of necessity.
does Jesus have humanity in the eternal before time?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,921.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
does Jesus have humanity in the eternal before time?

Sorry, not sure if I understand the question correctly, but the Son was not human from eternity, but assumed humanity in space and time. Now He reigns eternally as God in flesh.

The mystery of the incarnation is beyond our comprehension on many levels. God’s nature, the depth of His power, wisdom, and love, and His simultaneous presence inside and outside time are all things that are very foreign to and too high for our minds, but that’s what God has revealed to us.

Upvote 0

Artorius Lacomus

Sep 10, 2020
Southwest
Visit site
✟18,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

He didn't have to create us.
He created us to give him glory, I think by manifesting his presence (which is Spirit) into the physical realm. God's Spirit is within our physical self and through us, his Spirit becomes more One with the physical universe.

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That question was ask long ago. I don't think it has ever been answered,

Hebrews 2: NIV
6 But there is a place where someone has testified: "What is mankind that you are mindful of them, a son of man that you care for him? 7 You made them a little lower than the angels; you crowned them with glory and honor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forever is not eternal.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary online "forever"
Synonyms: Adverb
always, aye (olso ay), e'er, eternally, ever, everlastingly, evermore, forevermore, indelibly, permanently, perpetually.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Merriam-Webster Dictionary online "forever"
Synonyms: Adverb
always, aye (olso ay), e'er, eternally, ever, everlastingly, evermore, forevermore, indelibly, permanently, perpetually.

Yeah, Webster wasn't perfect either.

*I should've said "necessarily eternal".

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

No one knows why He created us. No one knows if we are the only life He created. No one knows how He created us. We only know that He did not have to create us, but He did. We owe Him praise and adoration.

Upvote 0