Visit site
✟393,838.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
God is by Himself eternally perfect, with and without creation. He did not need to create anything, but in His goodness, He chose to. Not only this, but the Son of God became flesh - God assumed humanity, so now God is sharing in our human nature in Christ. This doesn't mean that God has become more or less perfect, but rather that we get to share in God's holiness. We are clothed with Christ's righteousness, holiness, and perfection.

In very simple terms, I guess we could say that God creates and sustains us out of love and grace, not of any kind of necessity.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is Eternal and creation is rather a blip on the timeline. God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were there prior to creation in eternity alone in Perfect Harmony/Fellowship. There was no need for man but out of love created this world for adam/eve and their descendants. For God to "need" anything would reveal a flaw in His Being. For God has no needs. He is Self Sufficient lacking nothing.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

So . . . I see from this, that God made humans so He could conform humans to the image of His Son. Our Father so delighted in His Son Jesus, before creation, that God desired to have many children who are like Jesus so pleasing to Him. So, now God is saving and adopting humans whom He changes to become like Jesus.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some believe God didn't create us humans, but as some sort of soup.

But, on a more serious note. I've often wondered (and Romans 8:29 reminded me) if we were already there in the beginning; not as flesh and blood, of course, but as some other essence.

And we were born into this world to, as @com7fy8 put it, "...become like Jesus".

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Or could he have just decided since hes perfect he doesn't need anything else and simply created nothing?

Or since God is perfect and he created us if he didn't create us he wouldn't be perfect so he had to create us?

He wants children who are like him.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Growing to maturity is a process.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or since God is perfect and he created us if he didn't create us he wouldn't be perfect so he had to create us?
Well, God was perfect without us; and, before the earth was, our Father was sharing with Jesus in perfect glory. Jesus prayed >

"And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)

So, before the earth was created, Jesus was sharing with our Heavenly Father in Their own glory. So, before creation, our Father was perfect and in perfect sharing of love and glory with His Son Jesus.

And then was when, I see, our Father was inspired to have many children so pleasing to Him, like Jesus is so pleasing, and He destined that we are sharing with Them in Their own glory; and therefore He predestined us to be conformed to the image of Jesus (Romans 8:29) so we may share so with Them in Their love and glory > as Jesus, I understand, has claimed in the Lord's prayer of John chapter seventeen >

"'And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one, just as We are one: I in them and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.'" (John 17:22-23)

Here we see how Jesus in prayer has claimed > "that the world may know that You" "have loved them as You have loved Me." So, yes God made us humans so He can love us even as He loves His own Son, while sharing His very own glory with us. And we in Jesus already have God's own love living "in our hearts" > Romans 5:5 >

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

The Holy Spirit, then, by the way, is the Person of God Himself who shares His very own love with each of us who are His children. And in this love is God's very own glory which we experience, as much as we become like Jesus in us.

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Corinthians 6:17)

Every child of God has been joined to Jesus, so each of us is "one spirit with Him." And in this union we so personally share with God in His own love and glory. This is what "faith working through love" does > Galatians 5:6. This is what God's grace has done in us and now grows us more and more in this.

And we grow in this and discover this more and more as family . . . helping one another, ministering this grace to one another >

"As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." (1 Peter 4:10)

Every gift of the Holy Spirit, then, ministers this grace . . . while outwardly gifts have various outward activities > deeper, each gift is the Holy Spirit ministering this grace.

And therefore, God made us humans so He can have many children who are like Jesus in His love family sharing with Him in His own love and glory. And as family now we labor for this.

This is where our main attention needs to be.

"Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily." (Colossians 1:28-29)

But we can see how a number of people suppose humans are for something else. And we see how such people are becoming . . . while their attention is elsewhere. So we do well, then, to submit to how God in us is working (Philippians 2:13, James 4:7), guiding our attention, succeeding in His dream in the ruling of His peace in us > we are all "called" to this, how God in us rules us in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

This is "in one body" > we do this with God in us and in sharing with one another as family helping one another the way God has us doing this. Every scripture is related somehow to becoming like Jesus and loving and sharing as family while we grow in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

James Honigman

Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was an age before this flesh age in which All the sons of God shouted with joy. Because of Satan's rebellion in that age (the Tohu Va Bohu in the Hebrew, Katabole in the Greek) and drew a third of us with him, our Father decided to send all of us through the flesh, once, to see if we would be true to Him, or Satan. Love not this world, nor the things of this world . . . The flesh age is a test, it is only a test. We must keep our names in the Book of Life.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There was an age before this flesh age in which All the sons of God shouted with joy. Because of Satan's rebellion in that age (the Tohu Va Bohu in the Hebrew, Katabole in the Greek) and drew a third of us with him, our Father decided to send all of us through the flesh, once, to see if we would be true to Him, or Satan. Love not this world, nor the things of this world . . . The flesh age is a test, it is only a test. We must keep our names in the Book of Life.

Yeah I always felt like we existed in some way shape or form before this life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Wait wat...?

Who are the 3rd and who is their father?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Or could he have just decided since hes perfect he doesn't need anything else and simply created nothing?

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

He wanted us---no other reason than for How enjoyment of watching us live. His plan was for it to continue without sin---and that will happen again after He recreates this earth.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT WE FEEL! WHEN DETERMINING DOCTRINES, IF YOU GO BY ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS---YOU WILL BE WRONG. THE THOUGHTS OF OTHER MEN MEAN NOTHING. WE DID NOT EXIST BEFORE BEING CREATED. THAT IS PURE FICTION. IT IS A BLASPHEMY TAUGHT BY MORMONS AND OTHER NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS AND PEOPLE WHO WRITE FICTION FOR A LIVING!!

The concept that we have eternal souls is wrong and not taught in the bible. We became a living soul with the breath of God---God did not put in us an already living soul.

Upvote 0

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
OTHER NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS

The concept that we have eternal souls is wrong and not taught in the bible. We became a living soul with the breath of God---God did not put in us an already living soul.

Christianity does assert that we are eternal beings though.

So, it's not just non-Christian thought.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Sorry, it does not. God at the very beginning said we would die if we ate of the tree---0He never said, but your soul will live forever. Many places in the bible state that the "soul that sinneth, it shall die." Again, never followed by---it shall live forever after death. You are free to believe whatever you wish. It is quite simply a believe borrowed by the Greek philosophers. However, that is not the topic of this thread and will say no more about it. I've been on countless threads on the topic, and there will be another.

Upvote 0

Tone

Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, it does not. God at the very beginning said we would die if we ate of the tree---0He never said, but your soul will live forever. Many places in the bible state that the "soul that sinneth, it shall die." Again, never followed by---it shall live forever after death. You are free to believe whatever you wish. It is quite simply a believe borrowed by the Greek philosophers. However, that is not the topic of this thread and will say no more about it. I've been on countless threads on the topic, and there will be another.

Yeah, I didn't say I believed it, I said Christianity (which may differ from correct biblical interpretation) asserts it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God is perfected only in fellowship. Which is our reason and purpose.
CREATED-TO-FELLOWSHIP-WITH-THE-HEAVENLY-FATHER.jpg

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It might be tomorrow before I can post.

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If there is this eternal intelligence it would be at the epitome of the best it could be and not in the process of improvement. It would be the ultimate bad or good but not somewhere in-between. Why be bad when He can be good just as easily? The ultimate “good” would be what is called Godly type Love (to be defined later) and is a totally unselfish type Love. Since this God would be able to direct our thinking, why would He have us think of him as being totally bad, when He could make us think bad was good and thus He would be worthy of praise? If God were bad and we praise a “Good God” than we are not praising Him.

If there is this Creator of the universe out there, His “creations” could not really “do” anything for Him, so this Creator would have to be seen as a Giver (Unselfish Lover) and not trying to “get” something from His creation.

Why would God have a totally unselfish type of Love, since He personally would not get anything out of it? If God’s “Love” is some kind of knee jerk reaction, then it is really meaningless (something like; gravity which is nice to have, but everyone automatically has it). God Loves us in spite of what we have done, who we are or what we will do, so it has to be by His choice.

The fact that God can create being, some of whom will become like He is, having the greatest gift possible being a Love like God has, will force God out of His compelling Love to make such beings. The problem is the personal cost for God is extremely high and not worth it by human standards. God has to do the following:

1. Provide humans with limited autonomous free will knowing most will abuse and waste the privilege.

2. All these beings will have to be allowed to sin and will sin.

3. There needs to be lots of severe persecution and hardship.

4. Many of these beings will not repent, humbly accepting God’s charity as charity.

5. Christ will really need to go to the cross to help most of these beings.

6. Most of these beings will have to die.

7. There will need to be a hell.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

not quite as each and every human being has a beginning at conception in the womb. We will live for eternity in the afterlife either with Jesus or without Him in the lake of fire which is everlasting.

Upvote 0