Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump’s Tax Cut Was Supposed to Change Corporate Behavior. Here’s What Happened.
Nearly a year after the tax cut, economic growth has accelerated. Wage growth has not. Companies are buying back stock and business investment is a mixed bag.
Trump’s Tax Cut Was Supposed to Change Corporate Behavior. Here’s What Happened.

I don't really blame them. If we're stupid enough to give them piles of money, we can hardly complain that they used it in ways to benefit themselves. It's the guys who were supposed to be working for us, and who handed over those lavish tax cuts who we should hold accountable.

And I suppose that's part of what happened in the mid-terms.

Junker P Hoodwink

Nov 26, 2018
TX
✟21,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nearly a year after the tax cut, economic growth has accelerated. Wage growth has not. Companies are buying back stock and business investment is a mixed bag.

I don't really blame them. If we're stupid enough to give them piles of money, we can hardly complain that they used it in ways to benefit themselves. It's the guys who were supposed to be working for us, and who handed over those lavish tax cuts who we should hold accountable.

And I suppose that's part of what happened in the mid-terms.

If US businesses are successful and make a lot of money, they are entitled to keep it. There isn’t a cosmic law that says rich corporations must redistribute their hard-earned cash to people who didn’t work for it. Why do you think wealthy companies owe the world?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If US businesses are successful and make a lot of money, they are entitled to keep it.

As long as they pay their fair share of taxes. That's the problem. Trump gave himself and other businessmen a lavish tax cut. But not so much for everyone else. And when the debt goes skyward, who do you think they'll ask to pay more? Yep.

Upvote 0