• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic

BabySteps

Feb 4, 2011
✟15,324.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really hear vivid auditory hallucinations nor visual, but in groups of people I feel like people are talking in code language or I actually hear them commenting on me under their breaths, having side line conversations under their breaths about me or something negative I would not like to happen, of course I know in my head this is impossible and that most people are not focused on me...

I get into a lot of religion and philosophy, I can get deep in thought, maybe a bit too analytical or overly observative?

I was in the hospital with someone with schizoaffective and they are obviously sick, me thoguh you can't tell unless I open up about it.

I'm also diagnosed schizoaffective and major depressive disorder.

Part of me b elieves it's negative thinking, part brain chemical, some demons and spiritual.

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I was also diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, although I had vivid voices(not so much anymore thanks to medication) and also paranoia(basically the same thing as you, thinking that people are talking about you etc.) For some reason reality is like warped, One knows their not talking about you, but their conversations or etc. are just so coincidental-like...... like you just walk past them and hear a sideline comment and your mind just "latches" onto it and you believe it's about you...and you can't stop thinking about it, even if you try, for a period of time.. kinda hard to explain really.

Upvote 0

send.the.rain

Feb 26, 2010
Washington DC
Visit site
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had psychotic breaks where I've heard voices, telling me to harm myself, to the point where I have acted on them. Doctors kept trying to tell me that I was schizophrenic/schizoaffective. I wrote about my story in my blog, about what it's like to have such a break and to be hospitalized, if anyone is interested in reading. I can post it here...

Well... I haven't had an episode in over a year. I am on medication, but I also believe that God has brought a lot of healing into my life. I'm hoping that I will be able to get off of the medication soon.

I wish the best for both of you. Remember that God can do the impossible.

Upvote 0

RobCrandall

Dec 20, 2011
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've also had the thinking people are talking in code, and also talking about me... a lot. I don't know if it is just an extreme form of selfishness, or if it is true. I hate it. I was at the vet the other day and two people were talking and I overheard, "Well I don't blame him, knowing what he knows..." and the other guy saying, "He just bugs me." I got the awful feeling that they were talking about me. This is just a lesson on what talking about people negatively does to others. It affects not only the person, but others listening to them that may think it is them. Let's take this as a lesson not to talk about others. God bless,

Upvote 0

godismystrength1

Forum Junkie
Apr 6, 2011
U.S.
✟15,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm schizoaffective but most people don't think I am, they think I have Aspergers or I'm just socially awkward, this is because I had it treated at an early age and the symptoms are now gone on meds all the time. So I think it's possible that if you treat it early on it can get better. I hope so anyways, because I dont know if it's degenerative in my case. I talked to my doctor about it and she said that schizophrenia can get worse over time= degenerative. Which made me feel really sad. But it's also good because I've been getting better with time. I just keep hitting bumps in the road.

Upvote 0