Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last week I had coffee with my friend and former RCIA coordinator, and at the end of the conversation I asked about our former priest. He was my "first" priest when I was in RCIA and shortly thereafter. He walked with us through catechesis, heard my first confession, confirmed me and gave me my first Eucharist. About eight months after my confirmation he just up and left our parish. We were assured there was no scandal involved, and there wasn't, but I never asked any questions either. I thought maybe he had some kind of nervous breakdown or something.

Anyway I don't want to put his private business on the internet but I learned he left the priesthood. I was so sad to hear this but hearing his backstory I can see how things lead up to that. He's now apparently living in another city and has a regular job. I don't know whether he left the Church altogether or is simply living life as a Catholic layman, but it's very disheartening to hear. Please join me in prayer for his healing and restoration.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last week I had coffee with my friend and former RCIA coordinator, and at the end of the conversation I asked about our former priest. He was my "first" priest when I was in RCIA and shortly thereafter. He walked with us through catechesis, heard my first confession, confirmed me and gave me my first Eucharist. About eight months after my confirmation he just up and left our parish. We were assured there was no scandal involved, and there wasn't, but I never asked any questions either. I thought maybe he had some kind of nervous breakdown or something.

Anyway I don't want to put his private business on the internet but I learned he left the priesthood. I was so sad to hear this but hearing his backstory I can see how things lead up to that. He's now apparently living in another city and has a regular job. I don't know whether he left the Church altogether or is simply living life as a Catholic layman, but it's very disheartening to hear. Please join me in prayer for his healing and restoration.
Praying for him. I’m sure it was not an easy decision for him.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Praying for him. I’m sure it was not an easy decision for him.
I really wonder, he seemed to be struggling a bit but I didn't realize it was about that.
Prayers for him. Hopefully he has not left the Church.
I hope so as well, I'm worried about that. Knowing the order he was a part of and how the scandal pushed some other folks I know out of the Church, I'm worried about that for sure.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I don't know the whole story but praying for vocations [my thread] may include praying over the clergy.
And those tempted beyond staying - believing.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know the whole story but praying for vocations [my thread] may include praying over the clergy.
And those tempted beyond staying - believing.
I agree with that. The need is dire all over.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0