USA
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've recently had to come to terms with the fact that I'm in an abusive relationship. It wasn't always this way, but over the last couple of years since our two little ones were born, it's become very toxic. Both kids are special needs, so I was ok with quitting my job when they were born to stay home full-time and take care of them. That's when everything went downhill. It started out as just snide remarks toward me or coldness and then turned into full-on abuse, control, and even neglect. He withholds or locks away anything that he can. Most days, it's a struggle to even get food for myself or the kids. I'm forbidden from going out, too. Unless I'm out back with the kids for a little fresh air or hanging laundry, I have to stay inside. Neighbors who are aware of what he's doing don't care, and even tell him if I go outside while he's gone. I'm not allowed to go out to shop for groceries, necessities, medications, or even clothes. Me going without is one thing, but my kids are another and I hate to see it. I've tried putting a stop to it, but my partner just becomes violent at that point. The police here refuse to do anything about it because he's never put his hands on me in their presence. I can't leave because I have no way to do so safely. No way to get gas for the old van I've kept so I could get somewhere safe. No way to get supplies or food for two special needs kids until I could find or get to a safe place. I've exhausted myself trying to get help in the area secretly, but had no luck. I'm at the end of my rope. I just want safety and basic things for me and my kids and I don't have that right now. If you could please keep us in your prayers, I'd be so grateful. I don't know how often I'll be able to check here, but if anyone has advice or is able to talk, I'd appreciate it. My inbox is open for any messages. They're easier to delete and hide from my abuser if need be. I can hide emails easily, too, if anyone wants to talk that way, since my phone is always on me and I can clear any and all history as much as possible. My email is alexisrose1255@gmail.com.

Last edited:

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've recently had to come to terms with the fact that I'm in an abusive relationship. It wasn't always this way, but over the last couple of years since our two little ones were born, it's become very toxic. Both kids are special needs, so I was ok with quitting my job when they were born to stay home full-time and take care of them. That's when everything went downhill. It started out as just snide remarks toward me or coldness and then turned into full-on abuse, control, and even neglect. He withholds or locks away anything that he can. Most days, it's a struggle to even get food for myself or the kids. I'm forbidden from going out, too. Unless I'm out back with the kids for a little fresh air or hanging laundry, I have to stay inside. Neighbors who are aware of what he's doing don't care, and even tell him if I go outside while he's gone. I'm not allowed to go out to shop for groceries, necessities, medications, or even clothes. Me going without is one thing, but my kids are another and I hate to see it. I've tried putting a stop to it, but my partner just becomes violent at that point. The police here refuse to do anything about it because he's never put his hands on me in their presence. I can't leave because I have no way to do so safely. No way to get gas for the old van I've kept so I could get somewhere safe. No way to get supplies or food for two special needs kids until I could find or get to a safe place. I've exhausted myself trying to get help in the area secretly, but had no luck. I'm at the end of my rope. I just want safety and basic things for me and my kids and I don't have that right now. If you could please keep us in your prayers, I'd be so grateful. I don't know how often I'll be able to check here, but if anyone has advice or is able to talk, I'd appreciate it. My inbox is open for any messages. They're easier to delete and hide from my abuser if need be. I can hide emails easily, too, if anyone wants to talk that way, since my phone is always on me and I can clear any and all history as much as possible. My email is alexisrose1255@gmail.com.
I pray for you for protection, may the Lord send his angels to protect you and your little ones in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How about a church elder or Pastor to talk to, or family member who can deal with your partner, like a brother of your father or uncle or nephew?
Regardless of your options, I pray for your protection by the Holy Spirit in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is good to forgive your partner, but forgiveness and trust are two different things. He has all the signs, from what I can tell, of a domestic abuser. Their records for improving are practically nil and their record for getting worse is very strong.

Therefore, I pray you will be guided as to how to escape this person. Such people can become violent.If there’s anything you can document, like secretly recorded examples of verbal abuse, ditto with emails etc. I hope you will do so. They might come in handy later in a court situation.

I pray for your escape and provision. I pray for holy angels to protect you and your children and guide you along your way.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0